UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro Star Wars Black series

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally found a decent Bespin Luke yesterday, but i keep coming back to the Scout Trooper. Such a great set.

Got word from a Walgreens down by my school that they're getting Prototype Boba Fett on the 13th, and offered to put the case aside for me and give me a call when they come, since the other Wave 5 figures should be in there; got a very nice young manager, she was beyond helpful. Really liking this whole "Walgreens does toys now" shtick.

• 2 weeks later...

They're not exclusives, not that I'm aware of, just the Great White Boba. You can get them at bigbadtoystore.com but they're still up for pre-order though :( I found an Agent Venom today, but when I asked about SWBS I was told that someone came in and bought all three sets they had. They're definitely out, now we just have to get past managers who scalp! ?

Managed to find a Vader and Proto Fett last weekend after three days of frantic calls and stalking stores. They know me by name now...I don't get most of the complaints about Vader. His skirt could be shorter and sure, he could use extra hands, but he's pretty damn fantastic. Love the removeable helmet. Proto Fett is even cooler, but i'll never use him as "Boba Fett;" he's just some rogue Mandalorian on my shelf.

Desperately want Jedi Luke. What a stellar looking figure.

Personally, I think so. The main problems that throw it off slightly are the neck, which is fairly thin for poseability's sake, and the "eyebrow" arch, which is less severe for the removeable feature and therefore less menacing. But overall I don't really notice it unless I compare to a movie still.

A lot of people have an issue with the red eyes, but I chalk that up to the Hoth Han blue vs. brown debate. The eyes were red in the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only two figures I am currently lacking are Bespin Luke and Obi-Won Kenobi. They are peg warming in my area so I am waiting for a sweet deal.

I have an extra unopened (regular) Boba Fett if anybody is looking for one.

Does anyone think that Chewie is taller then he should be? I really like him, but he's massive compared to everyone else. Looking at one picture from the movies it seems like Han comes up to just below Chewie's shoulder, so it is in scale...?

@Shane: Yes, I think Boba is still HTF. The figure is amazing, but I personally don't have much interest in that particular version.

@Lobby: I haven't heard anything about C-3PO. They did also show Yoda awhile back, but his home hasn't been announced either. Other then Degoba, that is...

There's supposed to be a 6" C3P0 coming out in the next month or so, right? I haven't seen pictures, but I guess there was a shipping manifest leaked or something? Is that confirmed?

The list was of UPCs in a store's system but no, he's not supposed to be out soon. Hasn't even been announced, just the 3 3/4" figure. The next wave is Yoda, TIE Pilot, and Clone Sergeant.

There's supposed to be a 6" C3P0 coming out in the next month or so, right? I haven't seen pictures, but I guess there was a shipping manifest leaked or something? Is that confirmed?

The list was of UPCs in a store's system but no, he's not supposed to be out soon. Hasn't even been announced, just the 3 3/4" figure. The next wave is Yoda, TIE Pilot, and Clone Sergeant.

any idea what the 4th figure is?

does Yoda come with a ton of accessories to make him worth $20?

• 4 weeks later...

I preordered Boba back in July, and he still hasn't shipped. I passed up friends' offers to buy me one or ignored their local sightings tips, because I'd already paid for two back in f***ing July. And I don't live at the address they're going to ship it to (if they ever do). I called them back in October to be like "I won't be there, I should have it already, change the address", but "oh, we can't change it now that it's processed with the shipper" - but it hasn't shipped. How has it processed with the shipper? This is f***ing pissing me off. Never order from Walgreens.com. Ever. F*** them.

*deep breath*

I kept finding Lukes & Chewies, and one time I found Luke/Chewie/Sandtrooper. Except Luke isn't high on my list, and I don't want the Sandtrooper, and I had the set of 4 (with Vader) on preorder on BBTS. Well, at Toys'R'Us last night (along with the TMNT Minimates!), I found Chewie & Vader! I cancelled my BBTS preorder. If I want Luke, I keep seeing him everywhere.

F***ing Walgreens! :lol: