UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro Star Wars Black series

I've never once seen Boba in-store, so i'm totally glad i paid a premium to get the SDCC one when it came out. Especially since the Wave 2 one goes for so much, not getting Carbonite Han with him would feel like a rip. He's a fantastic figure, though. I'm surprised we're getting a black-pauldron Stormtrooper before a Return of the Jedi Boba.

It does depend on your scale preference, but Boba's much harder to find and a great figure.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some on eBay, I'm cool with paying anything under forty, the lack of Han in Carbonite isn't a deal breaker for me. TTF do you think there will be an episode VI Fett? And thanks for the feed back HP!

Just bid on one, I'm the only bidder so far and there's 40 minutes left. My hearts pounding, and I have no confidence about winning haha, I got beaten out on an A.I.M. mate the other day by a cent. :( wish me luck!

A general rule of thumb i always use is to make your bid the highest you're willing to go. Other people will try to bid anyway, it prevents snipers from getting in at the last second, and if it goes higher then you didn't want to spend that much anyway.

I think ROTJ Boba is 95% a lock at this point; they said the line has no end in sight. Maybe in a few waves he'll be the 4th-slot refresher, with red ROTJ gauntlets. Personally i don't like the red so i didn't bother waiting for one, but i was surprised it wasn't the Wave 2 figure or Wave 4 repaint.

I usually use the same eBay logic.

Wave 2 is still in stock from BBTS for $80. A lot, but you'll get Boba for basically $20. Han Solo and Greedo are both great figures. Leia's not, but... look at it this way: if you're willing to pay $40 for Boba, she's basically a freebie.

Went shopping today, there was a sale on SW at TRU a few weeks ago and I missed my chance at Maul! Someone bought everything up but Leia. Found wave 18 though so that softens the blow. I went to Target and found a Han, he's pretty awesome, makes me excited for Boba.

Wave three looks pretty amazing. Vader's my favorite but I want Luke and Chewie too. Thoughts on Luke's swappable shirt? I heard he comes with a robe too. I hope Chewie has something on his back that will eventually hold C3PO, although I believe this is the episode IV version.

I was thinking he should at least have a robe or something :/ I don't know if I'm going to grab an Obi. The only figures I want from the prequels are Jango, Mace, and maybe Dooku...Grievous? and Yoda. We'll see how it goes...

Characters I want

Episode I: Sebulba, the baby Greedo looking alien who's friends with Anakin (not really, but maybe hehe), Darth Sidious, Jar Jar Binks... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Episode II: Jango Fett, maybe Amidala with the back scratches, Darth Tyranus, Yoda, Plo Koon

Episode III: Vader with fresh burnt face, General Greivous, I think maybe this Obi, I prefer young to old and I do agree Ewan was enjoyable though out the prequels. This Ani, Mace Windu

Episode IV: Leia, C3-PO, Chewie, ok maybe old Ben, Storm Trooper

Episode V: Lando, Bossk, disassembled C3-PO and Chewie, hoth Luke and Han with tauntauns, Snow Troopers, the monster who wants to eat Luke ha

Episode VI: The Vader that's coming out, Luke that's coming out, Leia in disquise, Jaba's guards... I haven't seen any of the prequels since I saw them in theaters, and the only time I ever watched the originals was on VHS so I can't really remember everyone :)

I think a Stormtrooper disguise Luke/Han with alternate heads would sell like hot cakes. My top 10:

A New Hope Leia (con exclusive hologram version would be rad)

Emperor Palpatine

C 3P0

Hoth Leia

Hoth Han

Hoth Luke

Dagobah Luke

Yoda

Jabba's Dancers (all of them haha)

Bespin Han

Boushh Leia

Lando

Grand Moff Tarkin

Count Dooku

The Emperor (Original and Prequel red robes)

Qui-Gon

Kit Fisto

Bossk

Yavin Ceremony Luke

Old Ben

Bolded priority, but I sadly don't see Tarkin being a major possibility for the line, so...Anyway, everything else is icing for me. If they ever go expanded universe, i'd love Admiral Thrawn, Clone Armor Obi-wan, and Asajj.