UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro Star Wars Black series

full disclosure I am not a brony, but was aware of the Derpy catastrophe. Imagine the brony rage across the internet that day.

Why is that pony called Derpy anyway?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full disclosure I am not a brony, but was aware of the Derpy catastrophe. Imagine the brony rage across the internet that day.

Why is that pony called Derpy anyway?

The eyes. Animation glitch, fans called him Derpy, and Faust loved it enough to make it official.

Yea, everyone seems quick to give Hasbro all the credit in the world, but if you don't go to SDCC you're either not getting their exclusives at all or paying out the ass on eBay. I'd love Han in Carbonite, but this is gonna be a bitch to get.

Also, if new 6in Mandarin is exclusive, someone is gonna be sorry.

I lucked out last year and got the X-force 3 pack online, I pray I can get this fet.

*twitch*

*twitch*

*twitch*

*twitch*

Remember, Hasbro has already said that they'll be releasing Boba Fett down the road, but without Han in carbonite. So if you can't get him it's not the end of the world.

But yes, getting Hasbro exclusives after the show if a major pain in the ass. Last year, you basically had to sit by your computer for days waiting for them to be listed, and even then several people missed out.

I'm more interested in carbonite Han than Fett, so it will sort of be the end of the world for me.

Hasbro used to make a fair amount of exclusives but they've went away from that over the past few years. I really hope they don't emulate Mattel here and keep the number low to drive hype. I'd rather walk away from the line before it starts than deal with that garbage.

According to the writeup on AFI, this is Empire Boba-- but I'll be honest, I didn't even know there was a difference. I'm on board with this line in theory; I love the figures, but I'm not sure I'm a big enough Star Wars fan to commit my spacial and financial resources to it. I certainly can't see myself paying $50 for this set, if we'll be getting Boba Fett later, whatever color his gauntlets are.

Edited by hellpop

Maybe collecting 1/6 figures has spoiled me, but this just looks like the same 3 3/4 figures that Hasbro has been pumping out for decades, but scaled up to 6 inches. I think I just expected more. At $20 a figure, I might grab a Han & Chewie at some point if they finally make a figure that actually resembles Harrison Ford.

945630_647282478619142_849638663_n.jpg

Yeah, particularly after seeing what 3A did (and Lucasfilm/Hasbro/whomever, in their infinite stupidity, didn't allow them to produce), I'm not sure I'll be able to get another mass released Boba Fett again.

http://radtoyreview.com/2012/07/10/review-3as-sdcc-2011-action-portable-boba-fett-prototype/

• 2 months later...

Well, it's Hasbro, so I wouldn't expect any real improvements in the quality department from other lines. That Luke likeness rivals the Hot Toys one though, for what it's worth.

Well, it's Hasbro, so I wouldn't expect any real improvements in the quality department from other lines. That Luke likeness rivals the Hot Toys one though, for what it's worth.

The Luke likeness is better than the 3 3/4" versions, but I think it's awfully generous to say it rivals Hot Toys.

If you were assuming these were going to be essentially Star Wars versions of Marvel Legends then I can see how you might be satisfied. Well, aside from R2's scale issues anyway. However, between the already high quality of the 3 3/4" line and the impression of a premium product Hasbro has been giving since the announcement I was definitely hoping for something more. I didn't think they could match the level of work NECA has been doing lately, but I thought they might come closer, especially given the price.