UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Facebook page

Aapje

Hey guys,

Since the topic was deleted with the big change, i'm starting this up again

This is about the Facebook page, that serves as a back-up for when the 'Verse is down, so we don't have mass hysteria on our hands tongue.png

We also have a list with a who is who on it, so the names don't confuse everyone.

I forgot to include Dondi(his screen name), buttheadsmate(... Cornholio) and the correction of kostisfire's name, 'cause i dont remember their names

The list is on Fb, because the message board is very public, so if you add me on Fb (Wesley de B. Watson, I'm the only one on Fb with that name, I'm from Holland) and PM me your name, i can add you to the page and add your name to the who is who.

So pm me your name or add me on Fb and i'll try to add you to the page and to the list

Edited by Aapje

Since this is a thread about Facebook, I've got a question. I've noticed that a lot of boardies don't use their actual pictures on Facebook. Could someone explain why that is the case? I'm not knocking anyone for doing it (some of the coolest guys I know here do that), but it goes against the purpose of Facebook as I have understood it. "Face" is in the name after all, and I thought it was a place where people who actually sorta kind knew each other would go for "networking," and so I didn't see it as having the same issues concerning privacy and interest in anonymity that you would find, say, here. I've got around 150 "friends" there, I guess, but I think members of the board are the only ones that don't have actual pictures. It seemed like a disproportionate number of boardies here used fake pictures in lieu of their own faces when the temporary MMMV area appeared there, which kind of surprised me.

Is there a concern over privacy? Do folks just not like their pictures? Are some people creating a second "fake" account for stuff like posting about Minimates while they have other "real" accounts for real people?

If you think these questions are too personal to answer, fear not. I'm a social scientist, and this is only asked in the interest of scientific advancement!

Edited by karamazov80

If you don't know my name and what I look like, you don't deserve to.

I prided myself on having less than 40 friends for YEARS, half of which were businesses like DST and AFX. But that started getting me into trouble as I actually make an attempt to network (which I am terrible at) So I expanded. Now I have less than 100. I'm so hipster.

I usually use my own picture as my profile pic on Facebook, but lately, I don't think my ugly mug is as fun as some of the images I have paid tribute to, by using them as my profile pic. If you are my friend, you can see all the pics you want on my page. I'll grow tired of it and go back to a pic of me eventually.

I have had a Facebook account for some years without really comprehending why ? Since I pursued.... & joined .... the clandestine group which created a haven for lost souls ........... I have become inundated with requests for 'friendship'.

I was unaware of how many nubile young women were 'looking for friendship' or how many young guys were pursuing similar .............

.....hence my need to keep my actual picture secure.

I have been blessed with handsomeness,I am thankful yet careful with that gift, many would exploit it & some would seek to denigrate others & belittle them.........let me just say this.....................

I'm still looking good tongue.png

I just don't have a picture of myself because I don't feel like it's necessary. Everyone that knows me knows what I look like so what's the point?

The point seems to be some kind of unicorn horn, but if you wear a hat, nobody will notice... rimshot.gif

When I went to my 20-year high school reunion (almost ten years ago), I stood right next to people talking about whether or not I was going to show up. It wasn't until I spoke and said, "I hope he does because the son of a bitch owes me money!" that people recognized my voice.

Most of my classmates – heck, even some colleagues from long ago – haven't changed much but a few of us apparently have. So yeah, the people who know me now know what I look like but the people who knew me then could use an update. That and I've always been better with faces than names.