UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Image Minimates?

Lokash

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but..

After reading the Rob Liefield script today and watching other you tube clips about the beginning of Image I started thinking back fondly on my memories of those first Image series I read as a kid.

I would love to see some minimates based on the original launch titles for Image, minus the Lee stuff since I imagine that's under the DC umbrella now.

Young Blood 4 Pack:

Shaft

Bedrock

Diehard

?

Image first Issue 4 pack:

Savage Dragon

Super Patriot

Shadow Hawk

Spawn( I know the McFarlane stuff is probably a no go)

Image Now 4 pack:

Invincible

Rick Grimes

Prophet

Glory

That's my two cents, what do you guys think?

I think minimates are perfect for Liefeld characters. Minimates are already disproportional to human anatomy, and of course, the feet are easily removable.

I'm taking it that you're not a fan, LOL!

Edited by Lokash

I think minimates are perfect for Liefeld characters. Minimates are already disproportional to human anatomy, and of course, the feet are easily removable.

I laughed too hard at this... :)

To truly make it "Liefeld", I think I would have to heat and warp the chest piece so it angles to the side. Liefeld really is the M.C. Escher of comic book artists...

Also, one of the head wings needs to be at a completely different angle than the other one.

Edited by youbastards

Mike Allred stuff continues to be my biggest minimate want.

Madman, the Atomics, Red Rocket 7... All things of beauty and color that would translate to fun characters with lots of part changing goodness to supplement with other lines.

Madman would be at the very top of my list too, along with Atomics, but Madman has been with so many different publishers I didn't know if he was right for this list.

So, not many Leifield fans here, but what about Larsen's Savage Dragon? Savage Dragon was my all time favorite Image comic as a kid.

I'm an Image Comics fan through and through. When I got into superhero comics (from just reading G.I. Joe), my first X-Men comic was 276. I started noticing who was doing the art, and then all those artists went and started their own company.

I'm a Liefeld fan. He's not technically proficient, but he's fun and that's what I read comics for. He's done some dumb things too, but I like his energy. I met him on the Deathmate Tour, it was cool to see his enthusiasm for upcoming projects as he flipped through Advance Comics.

Would love Savage Dragon minimates! Brianiape (giant gorilla with Hitler's Brain), Powerhouse (giant chicken man), etc. Lots of very visually distinct characters would be fun. Still following Savage Dragon.

Edited by JeffBohn

They could just go ahead and announce them, and then never make them or release them 5 years later. I mean, it is an Image product we're talking about. tongue.pngteehee.gif

You guys left out Top Cow. We've already got Witchblade and Magdalena but there's the Darkness and Cyberforce too.
And don't forget the Pitt.

They could just go ahead and announce them, and then never make them or release them 5 years later. I mean, it is an Image product we're talking about. tongue.pngteehee.gif

You guys left out Top Cow. We've already got Witchblade and Magdalena but there's the Darkness and Cyberforce too.

And don't forget the Pitt.

Ah, yes! Pitt, Cyberforce, Darkness are all good but don't forget about Maxx.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was thinking about it today and am wondering why we haven't gotten anything like this. We have received 3 box sets of female characters, but no male characters yet. I would love to see a box set with Savage Dragon, Pitt, Maxx and Ripclaw from Cyberforce. Hell I would love to see Cyberforce, Wetworks, Youngblood, and other 90's Image or Top Cow box sets released. I wonder what is keeping us from getting something like that, especially now that Valliant Comics minimates have been announced.

I would love Spawn minimates too. That was my favorite comic when it first came out. I think I ended up losing interest around issue 100 though. Is McFarlane still douchey? I know he came off as pretty arrogant when the Spawn comics were extremely popular. I wonder if his head has deflated since the mid 90's?