UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Man creates working Iron Man laser gauntlet

Bsore

I found this news Article in my Local news, though it is a man from Germany who the story is about. I thought it cool enough to share: (hopefully the links will work)

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23840120&nid=1014&title=man-creates-working-iron-man-laser-gauntlet&s_cid=queue-10

If you click the link there are some pictures

WUPPERTAL, Germany — A German man has turned his love of the "Iron Man" franchise into profit: he created a working replica of Iron Man's laser-firing arm gadget.

Patrick Priebe, 29, started building gadgets when he needed something to distract him from being dumped by his girlfriend. He used to do it as a hobby, but ended up selling most of the gadgets through his website: http://www.laser-gadgets.com/ He decided to turn gadget-building into a full-time job after he was let go from his job in September, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The Iron Man gadget took Priebe 130 hours and $650 to build, but he was offered more than 2,000 euros — about $2,660 — shortly after posting a

showing how it worked.

The red and gold metal shell is equipped with two 1.2-watt blue lasers and two 4-milliwatt red lasers. Priebe shows off his creation throughout the first half of the video, and puts it into action in the second half. He uses the red lasers to aim at two balloons, and the blue lasers to destroy them.

The "Iron Man Guantlet," as Priebe calls it, is not the first of his gadgets to get mainstream attention. In 2001, he built a

because he was "bored and injured." Story by:Stephanie Grimes, ksl.com Reporter

So I thought it was pretty cool, and thought most of you all would be able to geek on it a little bit.

Bsore

Edited by Bsore

This reminds me of my friends' youngest son. Last summer, at age 13, Alex took three days to built a working laser in a pocket Altoids box. And being thirteen, he started setting small objects on fire at a distance to impress girls.

ha ha ha I love this smiley: stick.gif It is exactly what I feel like doing to each member of my team at times: stick.gifstick.gif I want to keep playing with the smiley but then i would be: bdh.gif Sorry I'll stop derailing this topic now.

Edited by Bsore