UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kelloggs Minimates

TheAnvil

So, I recently discovered that there were some prototypes made of a wave of Kellogg's Minimates. It's a real shame that these didn't see the light of day. Any chance that they could be revived as some kind of exclusives?

They looked so awesome.

kelloggs_minimates_1.jpg

Yeah, they were pretty cool. Tony the Tiger would have made my Hobbes custom a helluva lot easier, that's for sure.

I think, unfortunately or not, that the collectibles market figured out pretty quickly that there just isn't enough mass interest in these types of properties to support toy lines. Notice how I said "properties", not "characters", because they really aren't characters, are they? Anyway, I think these would have worked really, really well as cereal box pack-ins. Sold at retail, not so much.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I have to say I really want these to be brought back into light. Please minimates if you are listening, give the kelloggs minimates another shot. I think most collectors would want these. I mean come on.... how many of us have/or eat kelloggs ceral?

They would be greeeeaaaattttt!

• 9 years later...

Kubrick collectors enjoyed 3 series of Kelloggs' characters* & it took me several years to finally attain the final pair of 'secrets' . One is a Puffa Puffa Rice kubrick ,which was in fact a bearbrick .  I had often seen that bearbrick  on ebay yet never twigged it was a 'kubrick' ....if you see what I mean ?  

The other secret that I had big trouble finding is the secret 'K' which must be amongst the weirdest 'mini-figures' in any line, anywhere , a big red 'K' which is, believe it or not ,articulated?  

Despite their faults, kubricks always used sculpted heads where necessary & to great effect. Looking at those proto Kelloggs Minimates I can only give my humble opinion that they fail miserably, especially when compared with the kubrick production items .

*lots of tigers as well 

Edited by buttheadsmate

7 hours ago, elhonez said:

I do wonder why Kubricks just suddenly stopped without ceremony. Add another headstone to the brick fig graveyard.

I have no answer to that . 

They have not completely ceased production, the latest offering was a single-packed figure sponsored by the US 'Supreme' brand featuring 'The Crow' . In fact there were 2 offerings ,one standard '100%' kubrick & a massive '1000%' version with a massive price-tag .  I know little of the 'Supreme' brand but I know that they themed,several years ago, one other kubrick,  a Supreme t-shirted 'Kermit' . That regularly sells on ebay for over $250 which ,to me, is quite bizarre . Bizarre is a word often used when I discuss kubricks . 

12 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I have no answer to that . 

They have not completely ceased production, the latest offering was a single-packed figure sponsored by the US 'Supreme' brand featuring 'The Crow' . In fact there were 2 offerings ,one standard '100%' kubrick & a massive '1000%' version with a massive price-tag .  I know little of the 'Supreme' brand but I know that they themed,several years ago, one other kubrick,  a Supreme t-shirted 'Kermit' . That regularly sells on ebay for over $250 which ,to me, is quite bizarre . Bizarre is a word often used when I discuss kubricks . 

and how many of those 1000% do you own?

On 9/12/2022 at 4:19 PM, Mattallica said:

Especially when they actually created a new head for him anyway!

did  kubricks ever do TMNT?

bet they had sculpted heads

No TMNT kubricks . 

12 hours ago, Mattallica said:

and how many of those 1000% do you own?

None of the Crow unfortunately . I'd love one but out of my league ($1500-2000??).

I do however have a 2 feet tall Andy Warhol 1000% which ....you guessed it....is totally bizarre ...but far & away the best (unknowingly)  'investment' I ever made . 

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

No TMNT kubricks . 

None of the Crow unfortunately . I'd love one but out of my league ($1500-2000??).

I do however have a 2 feet tall Andy Warhol 1000% which ....you guessed it....is totally bizarre ...but far & away the best (unknowingly)  'investment' I ever made . 

odd, no tmnt.

oh wow 2 grand for a kubrick thats insane

Andy is 7-10.000!  really? 

Edited by Mattallica