UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2013

boyd

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, does anyone know who the kid was in the panel that kept asking questions? I really felt that he put us die hard collectors to shame and would love to send him some Minimates if he needs some more.

That was me. I've already PM'd everyone my needs list and shipping address for convenience. Thanks.

By the way, does anyone know who the kid was in the panel that kept asking questions? I really felt that he put us die hard collectors to shame and would love to send him some Minimates if he needs some more.

I don't know who he was and part of me wanted to invite him to join us here. The other part of me was afraid that it was SuperSpiderPiggy...

I don't know who he was and part of me wanted to invite him to join us here. The other part of me was afraid that it was SuperSpiderPiggy...

You do realise that SuperSpiderPiggy is 47 now and has at least a dozen grandkids of his own.

I wonder what happened to him and his dancing avatar?

T.

That was me. I've already PM'd everyone my needs list and shipping address for convenience. Thanks.

I've abused your shipping address for years ...in fact 'my address' is still your address/ default address for my orders from BBTS .

Your 'needs' list continues to be disgusting & something I'm not going to share with anybody.................

for less than $20.

Okay, so I finally unpacked all my stuff from C2E2, and I thought I would show my Minimate haul. I got all this for $98:

null_zps8d0ee26c.jpg

The Femme Fatales set was $18. Expendables was $12. BO Punisher/Deadpool was $10 from the DST booth. Everything else was about $5; including Multiple Man, Sentinel, and Kree!

Mr Oat was great:

null_zps1064e4da.jpg

And I built a few for myself:

null_zps659c4512.jpg

Thanks again, Zach!

Sadly, after walking through the dealer area for about 20 minutes on Sunday it was evident that large crowds of nerds and a family of six don't work out like you'd hope (especially when your 3 year old daughter starts freaking out at every strange costume she sees). I so wanted to spend some time at the $5 guy's booth, but never got that far.

I totally missed out the last pages of this thread! That sharade was incredible! we need to do this more ofeten!

And Boyd!
muppets_-_flailing_kermit.gif
Congrats! This is really, really cool news!

I got all this for $98:

That poncho alone might be worth $98! Very clever parts selection on your build-a-mate-mates. thumbsup.gif

____
Edit: Oh, I forgot: I love that pic of you guys!

Edited by Bob Harris

Cool, here is mine Uncanny X-force Boxset $18, Wave 47, Hydra Trooper $5, Super Girl & Bizarro $8, Terminator & John Conner $5, and the custom mate I made at the minimate Exhibit is in the far back......

post-3211-0-55994700-1367511185_thumb.jp

I didn't even think about tracking down the $5 two-pack guy to see if he had Star Trek... jealous.

Don't sell my badge on eBay, Onyx, or I'll be in trouble.

Never, Zach. That was one of only 3 items I got signed and I will cherish it forever....

Although, I may be willing to part with it for a Minimate MAX statue. Aww, probably not :P

I got all this for $98:

That poncho alone might be worth $98! Very clever parts selection on your build-a-mate-mates.

thumbsup.gif

____

Edit: Oh, I forgot: I love that pic of you guys!

Zach pulled two of those and a pink version of Ultimate Sabertooth's coat while I was building. I plan on trimming and painting it for a cloak for my Daryl custom, parts of which were also scooped up at the BaM event.

I also found a chest block with a wavy bottom; it is hard to see, but it is on the ET looking BaM

Edited by Onyx_6

I wanted to build my own Minimate, but that was quite a popular area of the display. My nephew built a cool figure for himself.

I built on Friday and then again almost at close on Saturday. My ET needed arms, which I gave him on Sunday. But, yes, I was around when that area was swarming with interested spectators. And Zach was happy to show each one of them how cool Minimates are! :yes:

Hey, Zach. May I suggest for future events, that you guys have Minimate business cards or Minimate labeled bags for the Minimate builders? I think some of those build-a-maters got their first mates ever there and they may not remember that they built a Minimate and not a mini-might or mego-Lego. You know, a little something to direct them to the Minimate website or at least the AA/DST site. Just a thought.

O6

I built on Friday and then again almost at close on Saturday. My ET needed arms, which I gave him on Sunday. But, yes, I was around when that area was swarming with interested spectators. And Zach was happy to show each one of them how cool Minimates are! yes.gif

Hey, Zach. May I suggest for future events, that you guys have Minimate business cards or Minimate labeled bags for the Minimate builders? I think some of those build-a-maters got their first mates ever there and they may not remember that they built a Minimate and not a mini-might or mego-Lego. You know, a little something to direct them to the Minimate website or at least the AA/DST site. Just a thought.

O6

We didn't give them out with the Minimate, but we had a tray full of Minimates.com business cards at the table, so I think everyone who came there first got one. But a branded bag is not a bad idea! Thanks!

Cool, here is mine Uncanny X-force Boxset $18, Wave 47, Hydra Trooper $5, Super Girl & Bizarro $8, Terminator & John Conner $5, and the custom mate I made at the minimate Exhibit is in the far back......

I remember your Minimate! Did you mention you were on the Multiverse? Sorry I forgot if you did.