UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate-sized accessory ideas wanted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see some crossed legs like lobsterman's charitymate, some cool effects like the ones above for the flash ( also like iron cow's design sheets)

I'd also love some new fantasy type stuff like ( not reality based of course) horned Viking helmets, wizard hats, torso straps , cool belts similar to he man, or lion-0's style, and maybe some different armor, gauntlet styles.

I'd love some classic spaceman stuff, like jet packs , helmets, laser guns, robot type arm attachments like claws and other weapons, etc....

Even stuff like a Santa hat, elf hat and some pointy shoes and holiday themed stuff

For licensed types of things

- maybe some minimate scaled generic GI joe helmets ( the basic green helmet) and cobra trooper/officer helmet, and ammo straps like most of those guys wear.

- I've been wanting battle of the planets stuff forever, so those types of helmets and capes would be sweet ( for me anyway)

-I'd love some kits to make it easier to complete some DC characters, like certain capes, masks, etc.

a minimate compatible horse would be grand!

I'm sure I'll think of a ton of stuff and forgot some stuff, but you get the drift.

I guess most of the everyday life stuff would be absolutely brilliant! Basic things like chairs, tables, bottles, food - a coffee mug and a donut! :biggrin:

I also like hellpop's idea of differently sculpted hands - fists, open karate-style hands, pointing finger, thumbs up, a hand with a coffee mug and one holding a donut! Would you consider this crossing the line? (I totally agree on not copying actual minimates! Wouldn't go there either.)

I know some other people do things like that, but I won't be crossing that line.

I wouldn't cross that line either though it could be done.How exactly i don't know but they produce them in small numbers.There is a guy on ebay who sells custom lego figures for 10-300 dollars.

I don't think that trademark issues would happen. For example there are some people in the lego community who have a web store and one of those printers that print in the plastic. Anyway these guys make figures from portal,marvel,dc and sell them at 30 dollars but they change the name (from cyclops they turn it to lazerbeam). I'm not sure I'd creating the same mold as minimates would be trademark infringement though. So in an essence you could sell dc minimates just with different names. For example you could decal a flash,gl,etc make some accessories and put them together in a bag and sell the figure for how much you want just with a different name. From green lantern go to space lantern or whatever ridiculous name you can come up with. According to these guys it is possible to do so and I am positive that they don't have a licence with lego or marvel or dc. Try this website: www.eclipsebricks.com

These guys are probably one Cease & Desist order away from litigation. We're dealing with intellectual property that's fiercely protected. I'm guessing they're simply off of LEGO's radar for now and getting by on sheer luck.

Back when Palisades Toys got into the minifigure business, they came up with a body style that what too much like AA's Minimates. They were forced to change it.

I'd recommend staying away from anything resembling AA's Minimates body parts. Offering accessories – for products from iPads to action figures – is one thing. But replicating the original without a license is asking for trouble.

Kosti, dude, do you even know what a C&D order is? It'll mess up every aspect of your life, big time. It says either "Hey, I'm a thief!" or "Hey, I've got big guns after me for a petty reason, and they will take every cent I have." Either way, no one wants to deal with you after one of those. The only case I can think of a C&D order case ending well for the presented party, are those guys who were working on the Halo RTS before Halo Wars came out. Bungie essentially told them "Stop it, you're wasting your time. We'll hire 5 of you."

I wasn't suggesting it, i just brought up the fact that sometimes there are certain loopholes (which shouldn't be used). Anyway,this action is not ethical. You are basically stealing something and presenting it as your own. Though I'm surprised how these guys keep selling an iron patriot lego for 30$ without getting caught. Maybe it's like customs. Just like you are able to sell decaled figs on eBay you are able to sell them in your store.

Anyway we're here to suggest accessories not talk about trademarks and copyrights so bring on the pics and the wish lists!

Also,when should we expect those accessories to start becoming available and in what numbers?

Edited by Kostisfire

The more i look at some heroclix miniatures the more i think that this kind of dioramas would be awesome.Some chucks of metal connected withsome pink energy which can connect into his arms or come in a base like the pheonix would be beyond awesome! But the most needed accessories are everyday stuff like cameras,iphones,etc......

There are some fantastic suggestions in this thread :thumbsup:

Bangs for bucks .....a hat,a generic hat perhaps with hair which could be trimmed down easily to suit various purposes. I'm thinking almost a sombrero size brim with an Abe Lincoln stove-pipe size crown (the vertical bit)......trim to suit & you could reproduce a huge amount of different styles.

Hats are the simplest way of transforming any generic-figure into a specific figure.....we need lots of hats & I would kill for some WW2 military helmets.

Honestly, there might be a significant market for sports-themed accessories. If you could offer things like football helmets and a chest piece with shoulder pads along with a decal sheet with numbers, sports fans might buy enough to make entire teams. Of course the pieces would be generic but they wouldn't necessarily need logos. They'd just need to be easily customizable. Same with other sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, and women's beach volleyball.

I like this

Backpacks, briefcases, gym bags, suitcases, grocery bags, plastic bags would be nice too.

and this

Honestly, there might be a significant market for sports-themed accessories. If you could offer things like football helmets and a chest piece with shoulder pads along with a decal sheet with numbers, sports fans might buy enough to make entire teams. Of course the pieces would be generic but they wouldn't necessarily need logos. They'd just need to be easily customizable. Same with other sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, and women's beach volleyball.

quite a lot!

Another thing I'd like would be a lion-o armor. Have it light blue like the official one with his and exposed. Seeing as it was tampoed I think he loses some of his buff and would really,really like one.

And one more thing that could work as a Boxset would be the outfits of all the doctors (1-11). Not a whole mate which would be an exact copy,just a box with each doctor's hairpiece and clothes (scarf and coat for baker,jacket for eccleston and so on). It would be copyright infingment since they are just clothes and it would help us with our dr who customs.

I'm all for more melee weapons (machetes, sledge hammers, bats with spikes, etc), but what I'd really like is a sniper rifle with a scope ( not a fan of the one that comes with Andrea or movie Bucky) and more importantly a minimate hand that could hold it properly. So yeah, that's my request, a newly sculpted hand that could hold a rifle.

Edited by MINI_MYTE