UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate-sized accessory ideas wanted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about some steel girders/beams that could be held in a fight?

panel_thing_freak_b.jpg

This is such an awesome idea! I would love to see some... improvised weapons (girders, pylons, railings, bits of rock, upended trees, etc) to make some of those fight scenes more organic.

OH! and Tentacles. Like tentacles from the deep, called upon by Dormammu to subdue an usurper.

Wind swept capes

Spiderman web shooters (slip-on wrist accessories)

Spiderman hands in web shooting pose

Iceman blasts

Hydroman blasts

Running trace effect

Venom/Carnage tendrils

Symbiote partial coverings (like SM3)

How about a hand holding a sword in a stabbing position, where the sword is pointing forward? sort of like this:

brigade460x276.jpg

TOYS'R'US's SHIPPING DEPARTMENT IS THIS WAY MEN! ATTACK!!!

Edited by Jeff

Could I request one of the Iceman slides you did, but cast it in clear tinted blue?

Great suggestions so far!!

Could I request one of the Iceman slides you did, but cast it in clear tinted blue?

Yes but it would not match the blue iceman exactly. I have a limited range of pigments available, and at the volume of resin I am mixing, the amount of pigment I would use for something like this is damn near microscopic, so there isn't much room for error. I will give it a shot though. :)

Great suggestions so far!!

Yes but it would not match the blue iceman exactly. I have a limited range of pigments available, and at the volume of resin I am mixing, the amount of pigment I would use for something like this is damn near microscopic, so there isn't much room for error. I will give it a shot though. :)

Sounds great! I appreciate the effort.

I would like to see a part vaguely similar to the Mr. Fantastic or Sandman bases for Hydro-man and other water characters.

I'd also like to see a basic energy effect in cast in translucent green as I don't believe DST has ever released one.

How about a hand holding a sword in a stabbing position, where the sword is pointing forward? sort of like this:

brigade460x276.jpg

DST already tackled that with Sulu!

If you could sculpt a mask for a classic Swordsman in the same color purple as there are existing pieces to cobble one together... that would be the best thing ever (to me, anyway). :)

I'm lookin' to see what you come up with!

I made the same request! Great minds think alike. :highfive2:

limb attachtable Sand/Water/Energy constructs - fists, grasping hands, hammers, maces, swords, and the like.

Translucent accessories would be awesome. i'm guessing that to avoid copyright infringement you wont be doing anything that could be interpreted as trademarked... but i would dearly love a clear pink butterfly that could sit on Besty's face.

I'd love to see a campfire, with some rocks around it too. It'd be cool to have the Walking Dead cast gathered around it.

I'll also echo the sentiments for Fire & Ice accessories, but not just ones that snap onto wrists... something that sits along the ground... Something like the flame tracks that came with the BTTF anniversary box set, or the ice shards that were used in TTFC would be great.

This one has been bugging me for a while. Weapons that don't look like pea shooters. When the wave 8 figures came out, we got great weapons (thanks Ivan!)

acc0218_lg.jpg

acc0219_lg.jpg

These were wonderful huge guns that were held very well, and matched the Superdeformed style that Minimates started off with at the beginning. Then at some point, the guns became tiny. Or dinky. or whatever. But this is awful

acc0704_lg.jpg

That's not a shotgun and my Flint is ashamed to hold that. I've resorted to using the smallest GI Joe weapons.

Now, I'm not saying remake everything, nor am I saying give us an arsenal. But give me a gun rack Punisher could be proud of.

Exactly.

Wow, After reading through what I thought was a long list suddenly got cut down to just five items.

Teddy Bear

Roll of Toilet Paper

Tome size books both open and closed for the very dedicated wizard to study.

Scrolls both open and closed for ninjas and the aspiring bard minimates.

Flying carpet or a slightly wavy carpet that has a hole in the bottom for a peg base.

Just thought of this last night. What about an astral projection snap on piece for Doctor Strange?

Similar to this Heroclix figure:

6140384890_f7b3d10769_z_zpsde56ba9a.jpg

Actually, the most recent waves of heroclix- starting with the newer X-Men Giant Size wave has had some really impressive sculpts for being so small. I'd look to a lot of those for ideas Luke:

6269078528_ebd9524117_n_zpsbde8ef97.jpg

5602709308_997e53411f_z_zpsbc5990e5.jpg

KGrHqRhoFdcZKdBQKr7P1WG60_58_zps9f0e7571.jpg

and010l_zps008267dd.jpg

f0170_20009045_Flash_lg_zps27f1b16b.jpg

And from what I just read in the latest Q&A from DST mini-kid figures are a no go. Any thoughts on making those Luke?

Edited by Jeff

Just thought of this last night. What about an astral projection snap on piece for Doctor Strange?

Similar to this Heroclix figure:

Actually, the most recent waves of heroclix- starting with the newer X-Men Giant Size wave has had some really impressive sculpts for being so small. I'd look to a lot of those for ideas Luke:

And from what I just read in the latest Q&A from DST mini-kid figures are a no go. Any thoughts on making those Luke?

Definitely some good ideas in those Heroclix figures!

I won't be making anything that resembles a Minimate, as there would be trademark issues.

I don't think that trademark issues would happen. For example there are some people in the lego community who have a web store and one of those printers that print in the plastic. Anyway these guys make figures from portal,marvel,dc and sell them at 30 dollars but they change the name (from cyclops they turn it to lazerbeam). I'm not sure I'd creating the same mold as minimates would be trademark infringement though. So in an essence you could sell dc minimates just with different names. For example you could decal a flash,gl,etc make some accessories and put them together in a bag and sell the figure for how much you want just with a different name. From green lantern go to space lantern or whatever ridiculous name you can come up with. According to these guys it is possible to do so and I am positive that they don't have a licence with lego or marvel or dc. Try this website: www.eclipsebricks.com

Edited by Kostisfire