UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2013

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you liked everything!

For the riddles, I did some research and found ones that were apparently officially quoted by The Riddler (no luck on issue numbers, though). Yeah, the last two were definitely more difficult than I could have figured out on my own.

I felt like it was a bit of a gamble to give a drawing. Some people love original artwork, but some people couldn't care less. So to be safe, I threw in as many items from your list as I could (plus several items under the "any mates that I think are cool enough that everyone needs to have" category) to try and offset any potential disappointment in the 'big' gift. But I'm glad it went over well, and I wasn't expecting you to like it enough to actually want to frame it!

I'm curious, how far into the whole process did you figure out that I was the gifter? I wasn't sure if all the clues were too much, too little, or even if there was any point because it was already obvious who I was...?

I'm an art fan, especially when it comes to toy art, so that was perfect for me. As for the clues, I'm horrible at figuring out who is who on forums. I'm sure I could have researched for an hour or two and deduced your ID after the first couple of clues, but I figured it'd be easier to just solve the riddles :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got my gift!!!

Elephant2013.jpg

I really, really wanted that 4-pack and it was on top of my wishlist. The other two gifts weren't, but they they are absolutely brilliant! It's the Dr. McNinja Ominbus SIGNED with a dedication by Chris Hastings! And last but not least, a fantastic Dr. McNinja Minimate custom* in an absolutely lovely little package with tons of details and a great sense of humor! Great, great gift!

Thanks a lot, Lobsterman!!!!

___

*: You might know, that I gave my own custom away and never made a new one.

You are correct! I'm glad you like it, and I look forward to seeing your pics. smile.png

Thanks so much Luke!!!

I was completely blown away by it!

And a very clever unwrapping it became. lol xD

And now, onto the pics which truly do not do this justice.

So here you go guys, my Birthday Elephant gift:

MOJO!!!!!!

Though, I must let you know Luke.......with all of the protection that this guy came with, 6 of the 8 legs had snapped off.

Luckily, a little bit of glue and a great deal of dry time and it will be good as new!

I'm going to try and find a little case for him and possibly give him one of the flight bases for a bit of stability.

Thanks again man, a truly wonderful gift!

Wow, lucky bastard, thats an awesome gift, congrats

Got my gift!!!

I really, really wanted that 4-pack and it was on top of my wishlist. The other two gifts weren't, but they they are absolutely brilliant! It's the Dr. McNinja Ominbus SIGNED with a dedication by Chris Hastings! And last but not least, a fantastic Dr. McNinja Minimate custom* in an absolutely lovely little package with tons of details and a great sense of humor! Great, great gift!

Thanks a lot, Lobsterman!!!!

___

*: You might know, that I gave my own custom away and never made a new one.

That Dr McNinja custom is pretty wicked, the box really makes it