UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2013

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigvis - not too short of notice, you would just have to wait until next January to get a gift. The gifting period generally runs Feb - Feb.

And it sounds like there's still plenty of interest, so I'll put up the enrollment thread early next week!

Edited by Lobsterman

Thanks for all the interest, gang! The 2014 thread is now up; please head over there, refresh yourself on the rules, and most importantly, send your signup email to minimatebirthdays@yahoo.com (no PMs, please; I need everyone's information in one place for tidy recordkeeping).

I just received my Birthday Elephant gift today.
Honestly couldn't wait to open it, and through the mountains of packaging, wrapping and bubble wrap, I found my gift.

Before I say what it is, I want to get pictures of it first because it is just magnificent!

The only person I could deduce who sent this out of all who replied to this thread and thank you and your welcome posts...... I have to guess Luke as being my Birthday elephant. I hope I'm correct as my deduction skills kinda suck.

A huge THANK YOU to my birthday elephant, Donny B! I received my main birthday gift today and was treated to a quiz. (I had to answer a riddle before opening each present) Me and my wife tried our best, but we failed on the last two riddles smile.png Here's all the gifts:

BdayElephant201402_zpsdfa20198.jpg

Expendables set (With Chuck Norris!) Halo Series 1 set, 3 Arnold T-800's, Reaper, Sabretooth, Shadow Merk, couple of silver heads, action stands galore! A Spidey towel (my wife thinks it should've been in present #2 smile.png ) and an awesome Wolvie vs Brood minimate drawing!

I'm feeling seriously spoiled here, I need to find a frame for the drawing now smile.png

Edited by Shogi

You are correct! I'm glad you like it, and I look forward to seeing your pics. smile.png

Thanks so much Luke!!!

I was completely blown away by it!

And a very clever unwrapping it became. lol xD

And now, onto the pics which truly do not do this justice.

So here you go guys, my Birthday Elephant gift:

MOJO!!!!!!

Though, I must let you know Luke.......with all of the protection that this guy came with, 6 of the 8 legs had snapped off.

Luckily, a little bit of glue and a great deal of dry time and it will be good as new!

I'm going to try and find a little case for him and possibly give him one of the flight bases for a bit of stability.

Thanks again man, a truly wonderful gift!

post-19-0-42320100-1388913592_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-27203900-1388913613_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous. You really outdid yourself on this one, Luke. What was the print time on that? Also, did you use Sculptris, or have you moved up to a more advanced program? I'm guessing the latter, as I have no idea how to build such a complex shape in Sculptris, but I'm still a novice...

Thanks! The print time was 11 hours, and the tail and legs were printed separately from the body. Sometimes I begin an object in 3DS Max, move it over to Sculptris for some fine detailing, and then send it back to 3DS Max to export for printing. But in this case I did everything in 3DS Max.

You are correct! I'm glad you like it, and I look forward to seeing your pics. smile.png

Thanks so much Luke!!!

I was completely blown away by it!

And a very clever unwrapping it became. lol xD

And now, onto the pics which truly do not do this justice.

So here you go guys, my Birthday Elephant gift:

MOJO!!!!!!

Though, I must let you know Luke.......with all of the protection that this guy came with, 6 of the 8 legs had snapped off.

Luckily, a little bit of glue and a great deal of dry time and it will be good as new!

I'm going to try and find a little case for him and possibly give him one of the flight bases for a bit of stability.

Thanks again man, a truly wonderful gift!

Is that Black Widow riding a Rancor?

I'm feeling seriously spoiled here, I need to find a frame for the drawing now smile.png

Wow - that collection of gifts is awesome and that drawing is simply jaw-dropping. Wow. just wow!

Gorgeous.

I feel like Mojo is a triumph of design, and yet i'm struggling to associate the word 'gorgeous' with Mojoworlds bulbous, puss coloured over-lord. tongue.png

Man, I really want a Mojo now. And seeing this makes me realize how unlikely it is we'll get one: I can't begin to think of how they would fit him in the conventional Minimates package. :|

They can do it. If DST can deliver a neatly packaged MODOK, they will find a way to make a Mojo! I have faith coupled with a desperate desire for more x-villains...

TM2 Dinobot -
Is that Black Widow riding a Rancor?

Naw, the game piece is a Felucian Warrior on a Rancor from the Force Unleashed expansion to the Star Wars Tabletop game.

Though, I never did consider having a minimate ride on top of it.........until now.

Edited by jcastick

Dangit Luke! You and your magnificent customizing abilities - I never thought twice about wanting that character until now.

And now for next year, apparently I need to get a 3D printer. Thanks for setting the bar, Luke blink.png

I kid wink.png

A huge THANK YOU to my birthday elephant, Donny B! I received my main birthday gift today and was treated to a quiz. (I had to answer a riddle before opening each present) Me and my wife tried our best, but we failed on the last two riddles smile.png Here's all the gifts:

Expendables set (With Chuck Norris!) Halo Series 1 set, 3 Arnold T-800's, Reaper, Sabretooth, Shadow Merk, couple of silver heads, action stands galore! A Spidey towel (my wife thinks it should've been in present #2 smile.png ) and an awesome Wolvie vs Brood minimate drawing!

I'm glad you liked everything!
For the riddles, I did some research and found ones that were apparently officially quoted by The Riddler (no luck on issue numbers, though). Yeah, the last two were definitely more difficult than I could have figured out on my own.

I felt like it was a bit of a gamble to give a drawing. Some people love original artwork, but some people couldn't care less. So to be safe, I threw in as many items from your list as I could (plus several items under the "any mates that I think are cool enough that everyone needs to have" category) to try and offset any potential disappointment in the 'big' gift. But I'm glad it went over well, and I wasn't expecting you to like it enough to actually want to frame it!

(Also, here is a scan of the b+w version):

post-37-0-06497800-1437939435_thumb.jpg

I'm curious, how far into the whole process did you figure out that I was the gifter? I wasn't sure if all the clues were too much, too little, or even if there was any point because it was already obvious who I was...?

Edited by Donny B