UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2013

So I got a package last week, apparently for my Half Birthday smile.png Included were two Brood sets and an I tunes gift card. I don't know who sent it yet, but supposedly there will be clues in my normal birthday present, but I'd just like to take a moment to thank my very generous birthday elephant for the awesome gift! These are my first two Brood as I missed the set previously

BdayElephant201401_zps3acf3ca0.jpg

Edited by Shogi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a week late (it's been a crazy week!) but I wanted to recognize my Birthday Elephant, Shoji, for putting together a great care package for little old me.

gift-1.jpg

Some excellent custom fodder sets that have been getting hard to find lately, and this guy:

gift-2.jpg

...I want to say... Devil Dinosaur? I haven't seen him with shoulder pads before, but he looks great! Perfect use of one of those dino-pencil toppers! Now I need a Moon Boy... :)

Thanks again, Shoji!

Ahhhh! I understand the hint he put in there now: "a character to supplement an upcoming box set." I thought maybe they were adding Devil Dinosaur to the new Thunderbolts team... laugh.png

Well, that's awesome. I still haven't read any of Invincible, but I really do need to. I'm super excited for the box set because I just like how the characters look.

Edited by Lobsterman

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am so sorry for not posting this sooner (I'm only 3 months late) but I did receive my Birthday Elephant gift, and it is awesome!

DSC_0001_zps3c55d5d5.jpg

Lots of neat Minimates (including an awesome Terminator 2 2-pack with the blown apart T-1000)

DSC_0002_zpsd07b9fbd.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsd5801f77.jpg

As well as some really nice Star Wars art, and the IDW Battle Beasts comic (with the Red Battle Beast Minimate).

I don't know who my Elephant is, but I think they left this as a hint

DSC_0032_zps6a0fd29a.jpg

I say thank you to my Birthday Elephant, whoever you may be.

• 2 months later...

Holy cow-- with a minor delay, my Birthday Elephant gift just arrived:

bdayelephant.JPG

I cannot tell you how happy this made me! I had such a big smile on my face when I opened this after work. I knew in terms of collecting, I was making it hard for my elephant to help me fill in gaps. But this is beyond perfect: custom tailored for the method in which I uniquely expand my collection and introducing me to new customizing techniques (air-brush!)-- I'm so grateful.

Brian (return address :X), thank you so much for stepping up and making me feel special DESPITE having a newborn to deal with! That kid is pretty damn lucky to have you as a father. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to officially complain, not about the gift, my elephant did a good job but my family stole my stuff!! My kids ate all the candy and my wife has claimed two of the minimate sets. She thinks, being the big Trek fan in the family, that we need more Spocks on our Christmas tree. Someone please tell her that three Spocks are overkill. I mean Elf Spock fits because he has the cute little hat but we don't need a regular and brain version added to the mix (no, adding little elf hats to them doesn't cut it either, she's already suggested that!). I just know my daughter's going to swipe Janeway as soon as I open that set. So I'm left with Seven of Nine and my Weiner mobile sticker ... not too shabby happy.png

post-28-0-68373900-1385135328_thumb.jpgpost-28-0-45858300-1385135330_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mattallica! (nice trick with the return address thumbsup.gif )

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it. My apologies to Undeadpool & my Birthday Elephant. Excuse me while I go dig through the forum and try to remember whose artwork is that...

nice score there Boyd, but I recognize the artwork and it wasnt Undeadpool lol!

Realized I never replied to this, but your Birthday Elephant gifts were from me, Boyd. Really glad you enjoyed them!

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my birthday package today, as a belated birthday gift. It happens. Annually to me, apparently. tongue.png

Anyways, I notice that the address looks familiar... VERY familiar. Jay Tigran send me my gift package, just like I sent his!

He sent some stuff, including a great birthday card and 5 Black Cat comics, one of which I actually didn't own!

Thanks man.

post-51-0-04681000-1386821686_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've just about reached the end of another year of Birthday Elephant gift exchange. If my records are correct, there are two more people due gifts, and those should be en route now.

This year went pretty well; there were only a couple minor delays in getting presents out. Is there interest in doing it again? I know this one can be more challenging than Secret Santa because it can hit at any time during the year, people might move on from the board before their recipient's birthday comes up, etc. I personally think it's another fun perk of being a member of this board, but it can also be one more commitment to have to keep track of.

Let me know your thoughts. I'll need to open up registration for 2014 by next week in order to the January/February birthdays a fair shot at getting in.