UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead wave 3

Zak Katz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy someone posted! I like your wave, but you may have a couple extra characters in there.

Riot gear is very enticing!

Axel is a character I could see taking a little while to make, especially since SPOILER!! He's been dead for a long time

I wonder if DST would include two hair pieces with Maggie?

I want a cue ball Glenn! with a different hat, or two.

What's the over under for Carl's in wave three, any guesses? I think DST would want to finish the original group that originally meet Rick and Glenn at the RV. Maybe except Allen, Donna, Ben, Billy, and Jim, so what's that Andrea in normal clothes, Carl, Carol, and Sophia?

We're a little while away from the wave being announced, and I'm very excited! :)

I'm thinking we might be getting people from the farm wave 3 wave 4 will be the prison and let's just say we get a another amazon four pack it could be a woodbury pack just my take ...happy new year all

Edited by MiniL

Between the Specialty wave & the TRU wave, a regular Governor & a Battle Damaged Governor would be nice too.

I think the chances of us seeing Jim, Donna, Allen, & most of Hershel's kids are pretty slim.

Carol is a possibility though. She was fleshed out pretty good.

I never cared for Otis or Patricia so they are of no concern to me.

Waiting to hear where specialty images will debut, but we'll definitely reveal in the next Previews. TRU still being worked on.

Also, standard LCS/TRU breakdown goes out the window in Series 3. No zombie 2-pack, so you get four characters and three zombies in LCS and I think 4 and 4 at TRU.

No governor or Carl yet, but I think everyone will be fairly pleased.

Waiting to hear where specialty images will debut, but we'll definitely reveal in the next Previews. TRU still being worked on.

Also, standard LCS/TRU breakdown goes out the window in Series 3. No zombie 2-pack, so you get four characters and three zombies in LCS and I think 4 and 4 at TRU.

Will there still be two shared packs? Or are we looking at 8 unique packs, with 15 unique characters?

Thanks for the info, Zach!!

Will there still be two shared packs? Or are we looking at 8 unique packs, with 15 unique characters?

Good question.

Because the only reason I'd see DST moving toward unique packs for TRU and LCS is if they wanted to burn through more characters. This license might be hot now but it doesn't have the enormous stable of characters that sustains a franchise like Marvel. There are only a certain number of viable characters in TWD that are guaranteed sales. Just speculating (of course) but if the terms of the contract were coming to an end this would be the best way to get as many comic-based characters out there to fans looking to complete their collections.

And since this line serves as a litmus test to prove how popular the COMIC franchise is, DST could move on to the TV franchise before someone else scoops that up. Because let's face it; Mezco has probably already taken notice of how these things appear to be selling and they've got all the distribution DST does. I know a couple newbie collectors who are content with the current line but they REALLY want to sink their teeth into toys based on the show. Characters like Daryl and Merle would be must-haves.

I want Minimates, not Mez-Itz. <_<

Good question.

Because the only reason I'd see DST moving toward unique packs for TRU and LCS is if they wanted to burn through more characters. This license might be hot now but it doesn't have the enormous stable of characters that sustains a franchise like Marvel. There are only a certain number of viable characters in TWD that are guaranteed sales. Just speculating (of course) but if the terms of the contract were coming to an end this would be the best way to get as many comic-based characters out there to fans looking to complete their collections.

And since this line serves as a litmus test to prove how popular the COMIC franchise is, DST could move on to the TV franchise before someone else scoops that up. Because let's face it; Mezco has probably already taken notice of how these things appear to be selling and they've got all the distribution DST does. I know a couple newbie collectors who are content with the current line but they REALLY want to sink their teeth into toys based on the show. Characters like Daryl and Merle would be must-haves.

You're absolutely right. 4 solid waves & you would have all the main characters from the first half of the series. Minimates are being released faster than new arcs. Pretty soon the line is going to be current w/the book. Renewing the license & tackling the show would be a win/win for comic shops, TRU, DST, & fans of both the comic & tv show variety.

Hm. Looks like we're back to character variants instead of army-building walkers with the LCS series then

No, still army-building Walkers. Your math is off.

And I'd go beyond "fairly pleased" and right to "tickled shitless" if TRU would offer their exclusives is greater quantities. :thumbsup:

I don't know about order quantities, but the ratio should be the same. I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

Still two shared packs, but I think customized will be happy with what they're getting so many of.

There's 10 years of source material for DST so I don't think they'll run out of ideas any time soon. Remember they're are so many different variants of each character, not alone all the zombies, that it should take years before they'd have to worry about running out of ideas. Depending on who you consider main characters there are still a lot out there, were not really close.

Does DST have the rights to make TWD show mates?

i like that breakdown!!More survivers :biggrin: I can't wait to see who is in the next line up.Thank you Zach for the awesome update.

I don't think our contract is ending any time soon. And the show has already been snapped up, by McFarlane. Not sure what the TV license would add to the Minimates line, aside from a couple new characters and some minor differences to the rest. Assuming we'd even be granted it.

i know you've talked before about working with Kirkman closely on the designing/planning of this line, im just curious, can we expect this from an Invincible line as well? (if such a line were to happen)?

No Carl or Guvna? :ohmy:

Well then here's my guess..

SHARED:

Rick (constable clothes)/zombie

Glenn (riot gear)/zombie

LCS:

Tyrese/zombie

VARIANT Prison garb Tyrese/zombie

TRU:

Maggie/zombie

Hershel/zombie

There's 10 years of source material for DST so I don't think they'll run out of ideas any time soon. Remember they're are so many different variants of each character, not alone all the zombies, that it should take years before they'd have to worry about running out of ideas. Depending on who you consider main characters there are still a lot out there, were not really close.

Does DST have the rights to make TWD show mates?

Woah, seems unbelievable that this comic is already 10 years old.

Edited by Punisher

i know you've talked before about working with Kirkman closely on the designing/planning of this line, im just curious, can we expect this from an Invincible line as well? (if such a line were to happen)?

Uh, I have to imagine that if we ever made Invincible Minimates, the creator and owner of Invincible would want to have some say in it, yeah. Everything we design or sculpt or paint for TWD has to be approved by Skybound, so I assume it would be the same process.

So based on everythig we know so far, Prison goodness and customizers will be happy (this could just mean we'll have prison jumpsuits to make anyone, or there will be Riot Gear with the shared exclusive, or it might be more cool zombie bits)

LCS:

Character/Zombie

Character/Zombie

Character/Zombie

Variant Character/Duplicate Zombie

TRU:

Character/Zombie (Shared w/LCS)

Character/Zombie (Shared w/LCS)

Character/Zombie (TRU Exclusive)

Character/Zombie (TRU Exclusive)

Honestly, I kinda miss the dual Zombie pack already, but I'm still excited to see who will fill out the line up

Edited by Shogi

No Carl or Governor? Tyreese would seem like a given since we've seen him, but I hope we get more of the obscurer characters from the prison in these sets. We could get Dexter with Andrew as a variant or something like that. Axel is a must-have, and even Thomas would be cool.

Maybe this will be where we get Maggie, Hershel, and other folks from the farm?

I don't think our contract is ending any time soon. And the show has already been snapped up, by McFarlane. Not sure what the TV license would add to the Minimates line, aside from a couple new characters and some minor differences to the rest. Assuming we'd even be granted it.

If anything, I'd thinkhaving the TV line would be like having Ghostbusters and the cartoon. When things seem to be dying down for the comic line, it could be restarted as the TV version.

I do not think ANY characters from the comic series have been ruled out, we have the Governor in the works already.

...We are done with planning and designing WD up to series 4 right now so yes I have an idea.

From the last Q&A. So I guess the Guv is a lock for series 4? At any rate, I love what we've gotten so far and am really looking forward to what comes next.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited about this wave, he's a link to a few pictures

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/15/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-minimates/

It will be nice to get another female zombie, and the other two look great as well. The farmer with the sythe in his back is cool, he has neat overalls and the police officer with the sweet boots could be an army builder. I had a feeling Rick would be the main selling point in this wave and I'm pretty sure everyone will be happy to get riot gear Rick, let alone he looks cool but there's always head swapping opportunities for humans and zombies alike. Tyrese goes great with the Rick we got in the Amazon four pack, and Hershal adds to the prison theme. Then we get are first villain WD minimate Dexter, he looks good and his face looks very comic accurate, I like the gap in his teeth.

I look forward to see what's in the TRU wave, Maggie? Glenn in riot gear? That zombie from book 38? It's not Carl. It's good to be back on the VERSE I missed it :)