UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Max Galactus arriving soon!

luke314pi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that one of them was just solicited a couple of months ago in Previews... I don't recall which one, and I don't think that the other one has been in there yet... But, I'm old, lazy and quite possibly delusional...

Maybe I should hang on to those Previews for a bit...

Are the Max Spider-Man and Wolverine statues shipping too? I didn't order them, but I would be curious to see some new pics of them.

I've seen Spidey solicited but not Wolvie yet.

Im gonna be amazed if the first two sell well enough for the second set...

Have any of the UK peeps seen these things out yet? FP still havent taken my cash for them.... damn my impatience.

So, are they made of several pieces?

In other words, could work be done to make them articulated?

Good point, Shamrock.

B)

I didn't realize that asking two questions was considered making a point now. ;)

As far as I know (and people who own these can verify) but these statues are solid pieces that have been sculpted to look like they have joints. Articulating them would most likely involve cutting one up and casting pieces seperately which would be all but impossible.

Good point, Shamrock.

B)

I didn't realize that asking two questions was considered making a point now. ;)

Ah, you are behind the times, my friend Fujis.

B)

Nope the Maxi-Mate is just a statue and is just one solid unarticulated piece, and I would'nt really suggest cutting one up either. :P

Yeah, I would not suggest cutting it up either.

B)

Nope the Maxi-Mate is just a statue and is just one solid unarticulated piece, and I would'nt really suggest cutting one up either. :P

Aw, bugger.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to the guy at my local comic book shop and he had some of the maximates. He believes the maximate pieces have been individually cast in resin and glued together.

He speculates that you can fairly easily cut loose the glue and make the maximate articulated.

Now, I don't have a maximate but I'm so curious. Who is going to be the first to "articulate" the maximate? Anyone up to the challenge? Now I've got to pick up a couple of these guys.

^^^ If that's true and they are glued together at the joints then it should also be possible to loosen or dissolve the glue using the ol' "boil and pop" method although I doubt that the statues can be articulated by any such means. DST wouldn't want to jeopardize their Marvel license so I imagine these suckers are more than just glued in position.

I think our only hope might be Cloneme's wooden Maximate which he was planning to cast. Did this project get abandoned due to boot-legging issues?

They are cast in seperate pieces and glued together, but they're not true joints. The arms are a solid piece that are glued to the "shoulder joints". Same with the legs. There's no joint for the head.

Articulating one of these would take a lot more work than just dissolving the glue.

Personally I dont think these can be articulated... they dont seem to be seperate pieces to me, the legs DEFINATELY arent.

They are lovely, the packaging is great and the COA is a nice touch.

I like them and Im sure MMC will spoil us with reviewy goodness at some point.

You'll be lucky to find them, Forbidden Planet has em listed at £40 each, RRP £80 but they seem to not have them in stock, havent seen em anywhere else...

Where abouts in the UK you heading back to? Fancy a pint if its within a reasonable distance?