UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars comics back at Marvel

Kostisfire

So marvel will be publishing star wars comics now. What do you think? I for one am now certain sw mates will happen.Either disney decides to give them to us or sw characters get into the marvel u and are then covered by the already established marvel contract.Could that happen?Zach,is this possible (the sw characters to be covered by the marvel licence)?

Sure we will have to wait till 2015 but what the heck.I have a feeling sw mates won't be the only surprise of the year (yes i'm talking about dc,jl's release date is in 2015 and wb will want to promote it).I know i'm getting ahead of myself but a man can dream.

Edited by Kostisfire

I for one do not want Marvel U and Star Wars U to mix. I love the DH SW comics and have very nearly every single issue DH has published (in singles or collected in a TPB) so I hope that Marvel taking over doesn't take the way they have been done and throw it out the window. As long as they stay on the same or similar course for the comics I will be ok, but please don't put SW characters in the Marvel U!

There have been X-Men/Star Trek crossovers, so never say never. I think any Marvel Star Wars stuff will be an entirely separate continuity from the DH stuff and that is a shame. Dark Horse has done some great stuff. As for 'mates, lets have 'em. I already have all the DC 'mates I'll ever buy so I dont care if they come back or not... For the sake of those who want them, I hope they do but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Marvel held the star wars license when I was a kid, there was also a newspaper strip I remember being in print for awhile. both dealt with time in between the movies. now that the same company is in control of the whole shabang it wouldn't surprise me to see a title carry on in that manner. I do not recall a single cross over with the MU back in the day it was a stand alone similar to the John Carter series they used to run.

Edited by BannersID

The old Marvel Star Wars series is what got me reading comics, so I will pick them up. I do feel bad for Dark Horse, as they and Timothy Zahn are responsible for keeping the Star Wars universe alive in the "dark times" of the early 90's. They weren't afraid to tread new ground in the SW universe, sometimes it didn't work too well, but at least they treated the franchise as importantly as it deserved.

I hope they next iteration at Marvel isn't lost in variant covers and unnecessary tie-ins to other titles.

It is a hard loss for Dark Horse, I always really enjoyed the books they put out, even if their shipping schedule was a little erratic as I remember, the tie in they did for The Thing from another world was well thought out and I loved the ALIENS universe they expanded into.

Marvel doesn't mean Star Wars mates. Just a Disney subsidiary, and they're using a now in-house publisher for another new in-house brand. Why pay more for Dark Horse if your own company can print books?

Honestly, i can't keep up with the comics. Way too much lore. I'll stick with a few novels and the Thawn saga. (also, who i wanted in that new trilogy. Disappointing he won't be there)

I loved the little "pop up" notes in the 20th anniversary Heir to the Empire. The DH SW stuff is so much better than any of the old Marvel SW stuff. I wouldn't want them to continue any of the Marvel storylines. It would be a shame to just abandon all the great stuff DH is doing!

Dark horse has some really nice licences and has done an incredible job.All those one shots with darth vader were awesome.They were a small story which run full circle in one issue.The thing with smaller comci companies is that when a story takes place in order to follow it you need to buy a book.The powerhouses' way though is span this story into 4 different books and make you buy all four in order to follow said story arc.

If Marvel wants to continue the DH stuff I'm sure they could. However I think a Star Wars title at Marvel will be a fresh start to mesh with the new films. I'm also sure we will see Thrawn, Mara Jade, Talon Carde and all the other EU characters. Disney owns them too after all.

So will Star Wars go back an pick up the old stories they started the first time? You know, with the green Rabbit guy. Cause, you know... green rabbit guy!

And actually, I'd rather see Marvel get the Rom, Godzilla, and Shogun Warriors license back.

Better than... OT? Or NT? Because I agree with you. Getting humped by a dog is better than the NT.

Better than the NT.Better than the OT.And since the stories taking place between episodes 4 and 6 count as eu then i can keep darth vader in my favourite universe.In other words i prefer the eu.It has more interesting new characters and it fleshes out the already established ones.

And i'd like to see the green rabbit guy return.Though he always reminded me of bucky o'hare.

So will Star Wars go back an pick up the old stories they started the first time? You know, with the green Rabbit guy. Cause, you know... green rabbit guy!

And actually, I'd rather see Marvel get the Rom, Godzilla, and Shogun Warriors license back.

That would be Jaxxon. And if they ever finally made a figure of him, I could die happy. They made Shira, Luminya, Fenn Shysa and a few others from the Marvel run, so I guess it's still in the realm of possibility.