UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wizard of Oz was my first gut reaction, but then I scrolled down and noticed YB got there first.

Those who attended the UK Meet Up may remember one of our topics for drunken discussion was 'dream minimate property'. Wizard of Oz is amongst my top choices, which got me a couple of weird looks around the table! I can just picture them in my head though, and they would be fantastic, and surely they'd sell through the roof?!

As for Muppet Babies, that show was awesome. My girlfriend is a big muppets fan, and we still reminisce about that show.

The Muppet Movie was late 70's, so unless Zach is contradicting his own clues that's out.

Again it's a "universally loved", "timeless" movie from before the 70's. It can support two box sets and a vehicle. And Wizard of Oz was a good, if incorrect, guess.

My first thought was that it's a Disney Store exclusive given the release. Disney Princess Minimates would make my daughters' heads explode. As I've said before, the next level for 'mates could be aiming them at the Polly Pocket crowd. LEGO and Mega Bloks are already jumping on that minifig bandwagon. Why not DST?

But the movies featuring the Disney Princesses don't all fall within the 1928 - 1969 time frame so that's out. Besides, any one of the Princess properties could fill a 4-pack or two. I'm leaning toward Cinderella.

It's one of THE signature Disney properties and wouldn't require any licensing fees. Set 1 could be Peasant Cinderella with her stepmother and stepsisters while Set 2 could be Ball Gown Cinderella with Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, and maybe the King. The obvious vehicle would be the Pumpkin Coach which could include a coachman and/or footman.

(And yes, Cindy's gown and the coach would TOTALLY glow in the dark.)

Or it's Peter Pan and a pirate ship.

Well, Boyd and I are at least parents of little girls, so we have a different stake in all this. It's like debating the merits of Pee-Wee football refs. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

It works both ways - I learn about Disney Princesses, and she's learning about super-heroes.

Definitely. Though I'm afraid my daughter's favorite is Mary Marvel, and she doesn't quite understand why she can't get Mary Marvel stuff.:(

1356737354[/url]' post='255771']

My first thought was that it's a Disney Store exclusive given the release. Disney Princess Minimates would make my daughters' heads explode. As I've said before, the next level for 'mates could be aiming them at the Polly Pocket crowd. LEGO and Mega Bloks are already jumping on that minifig bandwagon. Why not DST?

But the movies featuring the Disney Princesses don't all fall within the 1928 - 1969 time frame so that's out. Besides, any one of the Princess properties could fill a 4-pack or two. I'm leaning toward Cinderella.

It's one of THE signature Disney properties and wouldn't require any licensing fees. Set 1 could be Peasant Cinderella with her stepmother and stepsisters while Set 2 could be Ball Gown Cinderella with Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, and maybe the King. The obvious vehicle would be the Pumpkin Coach which could include a coachman and/or footman.

(And yes, Cindy's gown and the coach would TOTALLY glow in the dark.)

I believe Zach did cryptically say they're working on releasing another pirate ship soon...

1356737354[/url]' post='255771']

I believe Zach did cryptically say they're working on releasing another pirate ship soon...

Peter, Wendy, John, and Michael in one set. Tinker Bell, Tiger Lily and a couple Lost Boys in the other. Captain Hook and Smee with the ship. That had crossed my mind as well.

Actually Tinker Bell could have her own set or two given how many pixies Disney has introduced over the last few years.

But the muppets haven't had an on-screen (tv) presence since the muppet show back in 1970 (I could be off on my date). There was that flopped revamp "Muppets Tonight" but that didn't last long. I'm still waiting for MUPPET BABIES: The complete series to be released on DVD so I can watch them with my daughter.

But the Muppets movies all came after the tv show and Zach's earlier post about the Wizard of Oz suggests that the source material is from a similar time frame as the Wizard of Oz. The Muppets were on tv in an early form in the 50's but not in the movies. Zach's most recent posts suggest that it's a movie-based license.

I said it was a movie on page three! PAGE THREE! GRAHHHH! [Head explodes.]

If it's 'Mary f*&kin Poppins' I'll be seeing y'all later.

I'm thinking 'Treasure Island' ....Jim Hawkins ,ship,Silver plus some of the tars from the lamented Calico Jack line.

I'm hoping it'll be Alex & his droogs plus an Orange Durango '95.........I'd die happy. :biggrin: Kubrick Minimates,irony of ironies.

I also thought 'Capricorn One' but the current license sounds messy.

'2001' ?

I have no idea what Capricorn One is, but I would like Minimates of the rest. Can't imagine any of them would ever be likely, sadly.

WB or Disney, huh? Too bad "universally beloved" isn't a Universal Studios hint. Cause, you know, Les Miserables minimates....

You can never have enough Hugh Jackman Minimates. Next: Kate & Leopold.

I think we are ALL in for disappointment. we have set the bar too high.

Oh, God yes. I mean, I still think the license is a big one with lots of fans, perhaps even among you all, but you've gotten so worked up thinking about Mad Max and the Batman TV series that anything else will seem lame. My hype has backfired.

I'm still leaning towards Robin Hood. Now, remind me - has Wizard of Oz been ruled out? Being that 2013 is the 90th anniversary, plus an upcoming Sam Raimi prequel, seems like a good year for it.

RULED OUT! GAHHH! [Head explodes.]

Zach's head exploded. Twice. :( *hugs*

Well, now I can't imagine a world without a Battle-Damaged Cinderella minimate!

To be fair, the 3rd movie was actually almost good.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11200000/Cinderella-III-Twist-in-Time-cinderella-11214163-600-450.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I think we are ALL in for disappointment. we have set the bar too high.

Is that really possible? After all no matter what the property is we'll still be getting at least eight new figures, accessories, customizing parts, and either a new or new version of a vehicle.

At this point I don't even think I'd be disappointed with Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer, The Wizard of Oz, or It's a Wonderful Life three properties that everyone else seems to love but I truly revile.