UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

At one point, Disney owned Spyglass Entertainment, who had bought MGM. I don't know if Disney still owns them or not, but if they do then that means Yellow Submarine is a possibility. One vehicle (that could come with Capt. Fred). a regular boxset and a black and white one of the Beatles. It's old (1968?) and has a huge fan-base. Plus, both Funko and Mega Bloks have just put out YS merch, so there must be some kind of market or willingness to sell rights to make products for it. I doubt I'm right, but I thought I'd share an educated guess.

Edited by groundhog7s

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point, Disney owned Spyglass Entertainment, who had bought MGM. I don't know if Disney still owns them or not, but if they do then that means Yellow Submarine is a possibility. One vehicle (that could come with Capt. Fred). a regular boxset and a black and white one of the Beatles. It's old (1968?) and has a huge fan-base. Plus, both Funko and Mega Bloks have just put out YS merch, so there must be some kind of market or willingness to sell rights to make products for it. I doubt I'm right, but I thought I'd share an educated guess.

If you mean the K'nex Target set, yeah...I don't think those are selling very well, at least at the Targets around me. There is a KISS set too.

0912_knex2.jpg

0912_knex1.jpg

Hey,i have a wide range of knowledge.I'll make it my life's goal to crack the code.I have found the first clue.It's either from disney or wb.Let the investigation begin!

PS:I know that you meant that i'm not old enough to have seen or heard about said movie and lets face it Greece ain't known for its nerds or geeks.

Oh and god of war ain't my favourite game of all time.It's just fun to play and spend an afternoon.My favourite game series is either metroid or the elde scrolls.

I just meant that, being young and Greek, you might not be as fluent in American pop culture as some of your fellow boardmembers. Not a good thing or a bad thing, just a theory I had. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff you know that they are clueless about. But I'm fairly positive you've both seen and heard of it.

And sorry if I mistook you for the guy who is obsessed with Kraytos. Thought it was you.

Hey,i have a wide range of knowledge.I'll make it my life's goal to crack the code.I have found the first clue.It's either from disney or wb.Let the investigation begin!

PS:I know that you meant that i'm not old enough to have seen or heard about said movie and lets face it Greece ain't known for its nerds or geeks.

Oh and god of war ain't my favourite game of all time.It's just fun to play and spend an afternoon.My favourite game series is either metroid or the elde scrolls.

I just meant that, being young and Greek, you might not be as fluent in American pop culture as some of your fellow boardmembers. Not a good thing or a bad thing, just a theory I had. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff you know that they are clueless about. But I'm fairly positive you've both seen and heard of it.

And sorry if I mistook you for the guy who is obsessed with Kraytos. Thought it was you.

I got what you were saying.I was just playing theatre (i don't remember the exact phrase).I'm the one who talked about kratos but i'm not obssessed with him.I just thought it was a missed oportunity not to see him in the sony wave.Either way lobsterman made me an awesome kratos for secret santa 2012 so no worries!

Also,what about the muppets?

Edited by Kostisfire

Aaaaandd there goes tron.

Oh, I thought my commenting on his earlier suggestion was clear.

Planet of the Apes? Not beloved.

Beetlejuice? Not high-profile.

Tron? Not timeless.

Jurassic Park? I didn't say dinosaurs, which would make this the most disappointing announcement ever.

Sleepless in Seattle? Correction, THIS would be the most disappointing.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail? This would be awesome, but I think this is as cult as it gets.

Edited by Zach Oat

Muppets are 1970's. Had you not been a Greek high school student you probably would have known that. ;)

Muppets were created in 1955. :whistling:

Winnie the pooh would be awesome!But it's far too new.

Winnie the Pooh was created in 1926. The first Disney featurette ran in 1966. :turned:

Two facts right! Yeah! Not bad ehh?

Muppets are 1970's. Had you not been a Greek high school student you probably would have known that. ;)

Muppets were created in 1955. :whistling:

Sorry. I graduated from Athens Senior High. And although they were created in the 50's, they didn't appear formally as The Muppets until the 70's. And surely you wouldn't be Minimating Muppets anyways, right? Moving right along...

Winnie the pooh would be awesome!But it's far too new.

Winnie the Pooh was created in 1926. The first Disney featurette ran in 1966. :turned:

Two facts right! Yeah! Not bad ehh?

Well, one right, one wrong.

I had in my mind that mentioning pooh was right since it was created earlier but my post said otherwise so it's wrong.