UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

It's not even one I've ever seen anyone ask for, to be honest, but I think it'll be fairly high-profile for us. I think it will only be the two sets (and one vehicle) and we're done, but hopefully they sell like gangbusters.

"Gangbusters" a clue? Dick Tracy box sets with yellow sedan? :thumbsup:

If not, then how about these guesses:

National Lampoon's Vacation box sets with the Family Truckster?

A Christmas Story box sets with The Old Man's Oldsmobile?

Married...with Children box sets with Al Bundy's station wagon?

Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension box sets with Jet Car?

Scooby Doo box sets with the Mystery Machine?

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang box sets and vehicle?

Pee Wee's Big Adventure box sets with Bicycle?

Mad Max box sets with Interceptor vehicle?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off box sets with Cameron's dad's Porsche?

Animal House box sets with Deathmobile?

Blues Brothers box sets with Bluesmobile?

Scarface box sets with convertible?

Karate Kid box sets with Mr. Miyagi's car?

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

low profile, 2 sets and a vehicle, but enough fan support that it sells like hot cakes. gotta say my initial reaction is , Firefly/Serenity.

Except that people ask about Firefly all the freaking time.:)

My first thought was the Princess Bride, but only because we just watched that for the first time with my daughter. The tricky part is figuring out the vehicle. A-Team? Dukes of Hazzard? Air Wolf?

1356569382[/url]' post='255403']

It isn't with Icon Heroes. (MOTU)

It isn't the biggest toy license in the world. (Star Wars)

It isn't the return of the most highly requested license we've ever had. (DC)

It's not even one I've ever seen anyone ask for, to be honest, but I think it'll be fairly high-profile for us. I think it will only be the two sets (and one vehicle) and we're done, but hopefully they sell like gangbusters.

NY Toy Fair will bring a couple more license announcements (again, none of these), and I think those will be more in line with things people have asked for.

A-Team.

Haha I thought Scooby Doo too

Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Creeper

Fred, Daphne, Man from Mars, over stuffed Scooby

Mystery Machine with over stuffed Shaggy, or the Harlem Globetrotters

Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension box sets with Jet Car?

this would make me squeal with unbridled glee, however only 2 box sets would leave me pinning for more

Mad Max box sets with Interceptor vehicle?

holds a lot of promise given a re boot in the works, and the interceptor works with the car theme already favored

I guess pleas for Firefly minis got glossed over by me, fandom spends a lot of time begging for a return of that series in some form so I always figure thats what ever article or posting must be about when I see it mentioned so I tend to ignore it these days, my bad.

NY Toy Fair will bring a couple more license announcements (again, none of these), and I think those will be more in line with things people have asked for.

Based off of those clues it's got to be....American Gladiators! Just don't forget the awesome playsets please!

p.s. Dick Tracy would be cool. I really hope it's not Firefly. I heard so many good things about that show but I watched the entire series and I'm not a fan.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Zach, i know you cant come out and tell us, but are there any more hints you can give? or maybe possibilities you can eliminate?

such as:

Is it a video game?

Is the vehicle of importance to the story or just an added bonus

Is it something current?

Dc and star wars will be brought up everytime a new secret licence is announced (it's the speculation thread after all) but lets be real.If they returned/became reality it would be in 2015 with the new trilogy and the JL movie.

Anyway hmm,2 boxsets and a vehicle right?

Toy Story! woody,buzz,jessie,bullseye=boxset1 zurg,stinky pete,rex,slinky=boxset 2 vehicle=rc with damaged woody and buzz.That would be a dream come true.In all reality though my money's at a disney property.

Incredibles could be done: the family in one box set, syndrome,sam jackson,the underground miner and entna=box set 2 one of syndrome's robots for the vehicle?

A ducktales box set would be awesome.Bring me anything classic disney or pixar and i'll take it.

Also,more licences in ny uh?My wallet is not happy.Though sfxtekken will end after this or one more line.Actually it depends on the property.I'd like a video game licence the most.

Haha I thought Scooby Doo too

Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Creeper

Fred, Daphne, Man from Mars, over stuffed Scooby

Mystery Machine with over stuffed Shaggy, or the Harlem Globetrotters

That would be awesome too!

Edited by Kostisfire

My first guess was Blade Runner but that's been requested almost as much as Firefly.

Hasn't been requested but will be snatched up

Wallace and Gromit?

Venture Bros?

Spaceballs! As a bonus the Winnebago only needs it's wings clipped/retooled to be used as a Walking dead RV.

No wait, it's Bearriors at long last isn't it?

Anyone who doesn't like Firefly must hate joy.

I must hate joy then... (although Nathan Fillion is delightful in other things, Firefly was just too draggy for me)

So Mr.Oat, when you say “I think it will only be the two sets (and one vehicle) and we're done.”

Do you mean:

-Four Figures (two 2-packs) and a vehicle (released on it’s own)

-Five Figures (two 2-packs) and a vehicle (released with one of the figures)

-Three Figures (one 2-pack) and a vehicle (released with one figure)

also, would those sets ‘complete’ the main team or leave with a gapping omission you don’t think you’ll get to fill?

eh, I don’t like guessing things I actually want, since I’d rather not know then have a “nope none of those!” answer and be crushed... so here’s things I know it’s probably not:

If it’s Five Plus vehicle:

-Regular Show: Mordecai, Rigby, Pops, Skips, Bensen, Vehicle: The Golf Cart (there! one sort of real guess, since I would actually like mini figs of this Jazware dropped the ball, but I don’t think they’d work as minimates unless the ‘arms as legs’/theatre ghost/mega raged parts was abused to death and Rigby and High-Five were PVC and not figures... and since that won’t happen I’ll be glad it’s not this)

-Mockingbird Lane: Approved and sent into production before the series got canned, all 5 updated Munsters with a re-release of the Koach to make up for what must have been an expensive mold (seriously, the Koach is awesome)

If it’s Four plus vehicle:

-Rocky, Rambo, Judge Dredd (90’s), Barney Ross, Vehicle: The Stallone Wagon

-Europe’s favorite mean green machines: The Teenage Mutant Werner Turtles: Herzog In a Half Shelf... they don’t like the term “ninja” over there for some reason so they made a few changes, it’s cheaper to license then TMNT like why the ’time machines’ all say “BttF2’.

If it’s Three plus a vehicle:

-the A-Team, because really, we got a f**king Rufus over Vega or Balrog in SFxT so I wouldn’t put it past DST to think “well they just want the van right? we don’t need to make this BA fellow, right? especially if his attitude really is that bad, correct?”

-astronauts... because Zach sure is talking a lot about g**d****ed astronauts in the other threads

I'm actually slightly relieved that it isn't MoTU. That's the one license i would probably lose my sh*t over the most. Especially if they got to do PoP stuff - Horde minimates would rock!

In trying to figure out who could fill 2 box sets & a vehicle - the first thing that came to my mind was Voltron..... but then, that would really be more like 5 vehicles. Still - i wouldn't say no to Voltron 'mates. But i'm sure they've been requested before now.

<br>
<br>Anyone who doesn't like Firefly must hate joy.<br>
<br><br>I must hate joy then... (although Nathan Fillion is delightful in other things, Firefly was just too draggy for me)<br><br>So Mr.Oat, when you say "I think it will only be the two sets (and one vehicle) and we're done."<br><br>Do you mean:<br>-Four Figures (two 2-packs) and a vehicle (released on it's own)<br>-Five Figures (two 2-packs) and a vehicle (released with one of the figures)<br>-Three Figures (one 2-pack) and a vehicle (released with one figure)<br><br><br><br><br>
<br><br>See, i'm thinking sets means 4-packs, so 8 figures plus a vehicle/figure set for 9 figures total.

<div><br></div><div>It's probably something nobody wants like The Fellowship of the Ring, Army of Darkness, Goonies, TMNT,  or Hellboy.... I mean, who'd want those cool properties if we could get something awesome like... Golden Girls? :)</div>

The new Nick TMNT figures are doing extremely well and won the toy of the year award. I could see that being a big contender. My other guess? Mars Attacks since we never got the metaluna mutant (it'd be a good replacement) and Zach's been on a astronaut kick. I'd love to see a flying saucer vehicle and since they just did Star Trek they have a mold to work from.Or it's Full House. Danny, DJ, Michelle, the whole gang. Even Comet.

I think a Karate Kid TRU exclusive with Danny in his shower halloween costume would be epic. Throw in a skeleton punk as well. Now THAT would sell like gangbusters!! :lol:

So if we guess this Zach- do we get the whole wave sent to us for our efforts? :rolleyes:

Edited by Jeff

Ah, speculation. I always love how we cherry-pick the information that we're given and focus on the few clues we wish to fit our own wants/needs. Remember:

-It's two sets and a vehicle, which means nine figures, but not nine characters necessarily;

-It's an exclusive to... somebody, most likely Disney Store or TRU, but not necessarily. My gut tells me it's Disney, but you never know;

-It's not something Zach recalls anybody asking for, but it's still high-profile... hmm. The most interesting clue. It's got to be something big, but also something off our radar.

My own hunch is that it's a Disney property, and a recent one at that. Something like Darkwing Duck... sorry guys, high profile? I think not. My fervent hope is that it's related to a specific Disney movie or TV show, and that this will be the beginning of an expanded relationship between Disney and DST.

Anyway, my (completely selfserving) guess: Phineas and Ferb. No idea what the vehicle would be, but my daughter would go nuts for these.

I would re-emphasize "high-profile," but I realize we all have different opinions of what that is, and few of us are correct. (No offense -- when you promote properties for a living, you learn quickly what is well-known and what is not.) So I will instead say "timeless" and "universally beloved." So, you know... not Scooby Doo. Sorry, not a fan.

It's a movie. An old movie, but one that is still relevant today. I do not know if there has been a video game of it, but I imagine so.