UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

I can never tell if Zach is having fun with these guessing games or not, but I think he is. Zach, are you the kind of guy that doesn't like to spoil Christmas presents? I think you are.:lol:

Cinderella seems like the most likely Disney guess, as you've got a vehicle (the carriage) and Disney just released the film on DVD. You'd get three Cindy 'mates (frumpy, pink dress (that could be "battle-damaged"), and ball gown), plus the prince, the stepsisters, the stepmother, and the Fairy Godmother. I guess you'd need to round out the sets with the King and his aide.

The only thing that I'm sure of is that we are all probably overthinking this. Fun, though.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'd rather see the armor Disney Princess series - translucent "Sunlight" armor with Cinderella, animal power "Beast" armor with Belle, magic "Genie" armor with Jasmine, and undersea "Trident" armor for Ariel.

And then Snow White could come with the dwarfs and 8 individual suits of armor that combine into one large suit called "Many Hands".

EDIT: My wife suggested that the Snow White armor should be called "Gundam White".

Edited by boyd

I seriously cannot believe this discussion has devolved into which Disney cartoon is being made. You're (mostly) all grown men discussing Cinderella. Let me give you some advice-get a life.

And for the record, I can criticize because you all know it's going to be Sleeping Beauty Minimates. That Cinderella talk is just stupid.

Has anyone thought about Loony Tunes minimates?

Oops,just read the post. Zach, from what I read :whistling: never really said no to the Loony Tunes.

I thought Kane and casablanca myself but i don't think people in suits would sell like hotcakes.

Is it a movie with actors or an animated movie?

Looney tunes first appeared in 1930.It was the most popular show from 1942 till 1969.It's not a movie though.Silly symphonies from disney would be a good bet.But they are cartoons and not movies though.

There was a movie on this though, with Michael Jordan in it, and it was by Warner Bros.

Edited by sky_dive

Is this insanity going to go on until Toy Fair or will we find out before then?

Toys should be out next month, and I may even be able to announce them next week. Packaged samples are in. We'll see.

I am having fun, but you guys are way too good at this. Hopefully I'm not enraging people, and they can leave if they don't want to play.

See, he still didn't say no to the Loony Tunes

Even though they originally ran in theaters, I wouldn't consider the Looney Tunes movie-based material, as their full-legth features didn't start until they repackaged the shorts as movies in the 1960s or 1970s (right?).

Also, like Winnie the Pooh, another TOUGH adaptation to the Minimates body type.

ok, in an effort to push away from disney princess movies, I feel like I need to point out the new Mad Max IS a WB release, also, He never said that wasn't it and has dispelled quite a few other notions. I don't want to spoil Zachs fun but, I for one am looking forward to a police interceptor.he did say it was older than these dates but Im still going to run with this

when this does pan out to be some kind of classic disney set I am going to have to go underground on my minimates addiction.

Edited by BannersID

James bond fits the bill in everything except it doesn't belong to either wb or disney.Think,think,think,think what is old and new,what is beloved and a game could have spaned,think,think,think..

Has anyone thought about Loony Tunes minimates?

Oops,just read the post. Zach, from what I read :whistling: never really said no to the Loony Tunes.

I thought Kane and casablanca myself but i don't think people in suits would sell like hotcakes.

Is it a movie with actors or an animated movie?

Looney tunes first appeared in 1930.It was the most popular show from 1942 till 1969.It's not a movie though.Silly symphonies from disney would be a good bet.But they are cartoons and not movies though.

There was a movie on this though, with Michael Jordan in it, and it was by Warner Bros.

I wouldn't call it a movie.More like a one hour episode with michael jordan.

would the Batman tv show/movie from the 60's count as a new License since WB acquired all the merchandise rights this year? (except for home video boo!)

box 1

heroes

Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred

box 2

rouges

Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman

vehicle

Batmobile w/ Bruce ? Gordon ?

All these characters featured in the movie and yes it is a classic and would sell like wild fire I reckon. although I am sure I've heard people asking about the tv batmobile it may have been before Zach took the reigns.

Edited by BannersID

would the Batman tv show/movie from the 60's count as a new License since WB acquired all the merchandise rights this year? (except for home video boo!)

box 1

heroes

batman, robin, batgirl, alfred

box 2

rouges

Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman

vehicle

Batmobile w/ Bruce ?

All these characters featured in the movie and yes it is a classic and would sell like wild fire I reckon. although I am sure I've heard people asking about the tv batmobile it may have been before Zach took the reigns.

Mattel will be doing figures and this fits the bill in everything.If that's the case and it sells well then dc minimates shall return! I'm getting ahead of myself again.

I would probably loose my mind if it were the muppets.... but has it been confirmed that it'll be 2 box sets of 4? 8 Muppets would tackle the main cast, but leave a LOT of 2nd tier (but worthy) characters out of the mix.

In the meantime - here is a list of Disneys Films...

And a list of WB's divided into decades.

Let the research madness begin!

I seriously cannot believe this discussion has devolved into which Disney cartoon is being made. You're (mostly) all grown men discussing Cinderella. Let me give you some advice-get a life.

And for the record, I can criticize because you all know it's going to be Sleeping Beauty Minimates. That Cinderella talk is just stupid.

Well, Boyd and I are at least parents of little girls, so we have a different stake in all this. It's like debating the merits of Pee-Wee football refs. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

Well, Boyd and I are at least parents of little girls, so we have a different stake in all this. It's like debating the merits of Pee-Wee football refs. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

It works both ways - I learn about Disney Princesses, and she's learning about super-heroes.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was something like Public Enemy or Scarface (the original)? Zach did say gangbusters after all. I can't imagine either being big sellers though.

See, he still didn't say no to the Loony Tunes

Even though they originally ran in theaters, I wouldn't consider the Looney Tunes movie-based material, as their full-legth features didn't start until they repackaged the shorts as movies in the 1960s or 1970s (right?).

Also, like Winnie the Pooh, another TOUGH adaptation to the Minimates body type.

Does this mean it's definitely a movie-based license? Are the Muppets movie-based? Much like Looney Tunes, the Muppets seem to be more television than movies.

But the muppets haven't had an on-screen (tv) presence since the muppet show back in 1970 (I could be off on my date). There was that flopped revamp "Muppets Tonight" but that didn't last long. I'm still waiting for MUPPET BABIES: The complete series to be released on DVD so I can watch them with my daughter.

But the muppets haven't had an on-screen (tv) presence since the muppet show back in 1970 (I could be off on my date). There was that flopped revamp "Muppets Tonight" but that didn't last long. I'm still waiting for MUPPET BABIES: The complete series to be released on DVD so I can watch them with my daughter.

But the Muppets movies all came after the tv show and Zach's earlier post about the Wizard of Oz suggests that the source material is from a similar time frame as the Wizard of Oz. The Muppets were on tv in an early form in the 50's but not in the movies. Zach's most recent posts suggest that it's a movie-based license.

head-explode.gif

If it's 'Mary f*&kin Poppins' I'll be seeing y'all later.

I'm thinking 'Treasure Island' ....Jim Hawkins ,ship,Silver plus some of the tars from the lamented Calico Jack line.

I'm hoping it'll be Alex & his droogs plus an Orange Durango '95.........I'd die happy. :biggrin: Kubrick Minimates,irony of ironies.

I also thought 'Capricorn One' but the current license sounds messy.

'2001' ?