UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would re-emphasize "high-profile," but I realize we all have different opinions of what that is, and few of us are correct. (No offense -- when you promote properties for a living, you learn quickly what is well-known and what is not.) So I will instead say "timeless" and "universally beloved." So, you know... not Scooby Doo. Sorry, not a fan.

It's a movie. An old movie, but one that is still relevant today. I do not know if there has been a video game of it, but I imagine so.

Then why didn't you just say you were making "The Wizard of Oz" Minimates, Zach!!! Do we get an Omaha State Fair balloon as the vehicle? :thumbsup:

2011-01-20-wizard_of_oz.jpg

Yes, there was a Super Nintendo game:

220px-Wizard_of_Oz_Coverart.png

Edited by youbastards

I would re-emphasize "high-profile," but I realize we all have different opinions of what that is, and few of us are correct. (No offense -- when you promote properties for a living, you learn quickly what is well-known and what is not.) So I will instead say "timeless" and "universally beloved." So, you know... not Scooby Doo. Sorry, not a fan.

It's a movie. An old movie, but one that is still relevant today. I do not know if there has been a video game of it, but I imagine so.

Grease - with a T-Birds 4-pack and a Pink Ladies 4-pack with Greased Lightning vehicle!

I like the fact that the more clues we have the more confused we become.

I would say that a Greek high school student is probably NOT gonna nail this one, but it's actually internationally appreciated, I believe. (Sorry it's not God of War.)

Is it just a movie or does it belong in someone else (disney,warner bros)is it a franchise or its own thing?

It's by one of those movie studios, yes.

Now were talking. How old is old? :confused:

90's?

80's?

70's?

Older.

Steamboat Willie (Starring Mickey Mouse)

Not that old.

Planet of the Apes? Not beloved.

Beetlejuice? Not high-profile.

Tron? Not timeless.

Jurassic Park? I didn't say dinosaurs, which would make this the most disappointing announcement ever.

Sleepless in Seattle? Correction, THIS would be the most disappointing.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail? This would be awesome, but I think this is as cult as it gets.

Killin' me here. :nopity:

I was tempted to say "IT'S ROGER RABBIT!" and see if I could make your avatar explode.

Then why didn't you just say you were making "The Wizard of Oz" Minimates, Zach!!! Do we get an Omaha State Fair balloon as the vehicle? :thumbsup:

You are at least thinking along the right lines of timelessness, fame and universal love. Bravo. Still wrong, but bravo.

Hey,i have a wide range of knowledge.I'll make it my life's goal to crack the code.I have found the first clue.It's either from disney or wb.Let the investigation begin!

PS:I know that you meant that i'm not old enough to have seen or heard about said movie and lets face it Greece ain't known for its nerds or geeks.

Oh and god of war ain't my favourite game of all time.It's just fun to play and spend an afternoon.My favourite game series is either metroid or the elde scrolls.

Edited by Kostisfire

No Planet of the Apes?? Not beloved?!

imagesCA25TJX1_zps9cb8bdd6.jpg

Okay. Let's see if we can crack this nut with the help of wikipedia using your clues:

TWO VEHICLES

ONE OF THOSE STUDIOS, let's start with Disney shall we?

STEAMBOAT MICKEY, NOT THAT OLD. Okay, so it's past 1928 but before 1960. Let's run down the list of movies:

1930 Snow White & the 7 dwarfs (I'm guessing no since there isn't a vehicle)

1940 Pinocchio (would Monstro count as a vehicle?)

Dumbo

Bambi

Song of the South (the movie Disney somehow 'forgets' much like Roger Rabbit- DOUBTFUL)

1950 Cinderella (pumpkin carriage)

Alice in Wonderland

Peter Pan (NAH- already did a pirate ship)

Lady and the Tramp

Sleeping Beauty

The more we hear the more I thought it was TRON, It's Disney, it could be done well in a couple of boxsets and the lightcycle makes sense as the Vehicle.. BUT it's not that old and has a VERY well known videogame.

I'm thinking it's Disney, as it's an exclusive and their stores have picked up exclusives before.

T.

You are at least thinking along the right lines of timelessness, fame and universal love. Bravo. Still wrong, but bravo.

Wow, using your clues, it is pre-1970's and either a Disney or Warner Bros. property.

If Warner Bros, the only other items I can think of that fit that category are:

- Casablanca

- Citizen Kane

- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (that might not fit though because it was released in 1971)

- Gone with the Wind

If Disney, then there is only one option:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with the Nautilus!!!! :)

nautilus_disney_50th-anniv_march_2004_.jpg

Edited by youbastards

The more we hear the more I thought it was TRON, It's Disney, it could be done well in a couple of boxsets and the lightcycle makes sense as the Vehicle.. BUT it's not that old and has a VERY well known videogame.

I'm thinking it's Disney, as it's an exclusive and their stores have picked up exclusives before.

T.

If it is Tron, it better be glow in the dark or I'll be extremely upset. :angry:

I thought Kane and casablanca myself but i don't think people in suits would sell like hotcakes.

Is it a movie with actors or an animated movie?

Looney tunes first appeared in 1930.It was the most popular show from 1942 till 1969.It's not a movie though.Silly symphonies from disney would be a good bet.But they are cartoons and not movies though.

Edited by Kostisfire

I thought Kane and casablanca myself but i don't think people in suits would sell like hotcakes.

Is it a movie with actors or an animated movie?

Looney tunes first appeared in 1930.It was the most popular show from 1942 till 1969.It's not a movie though.Silly symphonies from disney would be a good bet.But they are cartoons and not movies though.

Please no Space Jam. :lol:

Herbie the love bug? 1968 release date.Disney.Vehicle.

But not one with a lot of characters that would fill 2 sets.

I'd be more inclined to go with:

Snow White and the 7 dwarves. lots of characters although that's not really "still relevant"

Jungle Book. Animals ala Battle beasts anyone?

Alice in Wonderland. This is where I would place my money for a disney license...

T.