UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

DST has licenses for Watchmen and Forbidden Planet

I'm sure the success of the electronic B9 Robot from Lost in Space is what prompted DST to acquire Forbidden Planet. Fans of Robby the Robot should probably expect some battery-powered satisfaction in the near future.

But what I'm really looking forward to is another DC Comics property being in DST's portfolio. Can't wait to see those magnetic bottle openers, vinyl banks, and resin busts based on Watchmen.

Oh, and maybe some Minimates?

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started buying DC Collectibles' Batman Animated figures 12 days ago. So far I've only bought two – Batman and Catwoman – but I'm about to go balls deep while I can still find them at reasonable prices. All that goes away if DST actually starts offering DC Comics Minimates again. My collection of DC 'mates would end up making my 1,000-figure pile of Marvel 'mates look like a pimple.

I bought into C3 and jumped at the chance to get DC Direct's Minimates line. I'm totally into the Gotham assortments. I'm even supporting iZombie. Watchmen Minimates – comic or film – is another no-brainer for this life-long DC fanboy.

Now let's see if the first Forbidden Planet SKU is in black & white. <_<