UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassin'sCreedAssassin'sCreedAssassin'sCreedAssassin'sCreed... pray.gif

Though, if it is, it'll probably be Ezio, since everybody LOVES Ezio so d@mned much... dry.png

#altairfanboy

Don’t worry, if past videogame lines have been an example it’ll be Edward Kenway, and no one will get the classic characters they want be they Ezio OR Altair!

#capcomfanboy #butthurt

Sounds like someone is defending DST's decision to make Mass Effect Minimates.

Just a member reading a speculation thread. Kostis said ME had no good collectibles. I remembered a whole line of figures. Never knew they were sub-par, but Kostis cleared that up. I'll leave now. Not gonna feed this serpent.

Assassin'sCreedAssassin'sCreedAssassin'sCreedAssassin'sCreed... pray.gif

Though, if it is, it'll probably be Ezio, since everybody LOVES Ezio so d@mned much... dry.png

#altairfanboy

Don’t worry, if past videogame lines have been an example it’ll be Edward Kenway, and no one will get the classic characters they want be they Ezio OR Altair!

#capcomfanboy #butthurt

Admittedly the plethora of pirate swag DST already has on hand from Calico would lend itself to making Black Flag minimates.

• 1 year later...

Update time, woo!

We are looking at some other image titles, but not Spawn or Cyberforce or anything like that.

None of the founders.

So, any guesses? Current popular Image titles are: East of West, Black Science, Descender, Low, Saga, Manhattan Projects, Jupiter's Legacy, Sex Criminals, Sex, Alex+Ada and a whole bunch of other stuff. My guess is EoW, since it's a mix of a sci-fi western set in a Post-Apocalyptic America. In general it has a lot of cool designs. Saga would be neat, but the creators are against any kind of merchandise. Black Science and MP would be great as well, but there are fewer "cotumed" characters in there.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Bring on the Indiana Jones, man. 

Apparently the Indy toy rights are a little tied up/confusing right now. Funko said they could only make Pops that are convention exclusives. Furthermore, both Indy Pops use the "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Hidden Eye" branding on them which is based off the Disney ride (despite representing Radiers & Doom Indy).

It's all very strange...

I do really want Indy 'Mates though!

Edited by CBMM1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2016 at 4:06 PM, hellpop said:

This is Chuck's personal grail, so if it's ever going to happen, it'll happen.

There might be some hope?  Looks like licensing has started again, Big Chief is going to produce official 1/6 scale figures starting with Bond/Goldfinger/OddJob.

http://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/latest-news/big-chief-studios-announce-james-bond-007-1-6-scale-collector-figures

5 minutes ago, youbastards said:

There might be some hope?  Looks like licensing has started again, Big Chief is going to produce official 1/6 scale figures starting with Bond/Goldfinger/OddJob.

http://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/latest-news/big-chief-studios-announce-james-bond-007-1-6-scale-collector-figures

Not to be the wet blanket but high-end collectibles for Bond licensing never really went away. Check out Factory Entertainment.

If I'm not mistaken, the issue was with cheapening the brand by offering low-price, mass market product. Unfortunately $5.99 plastic action figures probably fall into that category.

But never say never (again).

Ah, but what about $25 commemorative box sets of 4 highly detailed mini-figures?

Or $20 collector car and driver sets, featuring your favorite Bond or Bond villain with his signature automobile?

It's all in the phrasing of the pitch! :)