UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 15

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my fellow international collectors who purchased their mates through iparcel, here's a heads up. I'm in Canada. I placed my order, which included the Airwalker/Firelord set, on the first Sunday they became available. Everything appeared to go thru the iparcel checkout process, but when I read about the cancellation emails people were receiving I wanted to make sure my whole order went thru. Emails from TRU went straight to iparcel because iparcel is the actual "buyer" from TRU, not us. We then buy the products from iparcel. We rely on iparcel to update us based on what TRU communicates to them. Having said all this it turned out that I needed iparcel to provide TRU w/ a tracking # in order to see if my whole order was confirmed. It was not, I missed out on the Airwalker set. The problem was that my credit card was preauthorized and then charged for the complete order, but was not adjusted accordingly to reflect the unshipped sets. Long story short I had to get emails from TRU to prove to iparcel that iparcel was NOT charcged for the sets. 2 weeks later I received a confirmation from both companies that a refund will be processed. Check you credit card statements.

Edited by thatblockoguy

I'm from Canada as well and like you, I got boned by i-parcel's sh!tty communication with TRU.com. This is actually the second time this has happened and I am begining to loose faith in their customer service department. My order had gone through, but unlike most everyone who uses i-parcel, I didn't get an order confirmation or even a shipping confirmation. Just half an order in the mail a week later and all the harder to find mates absent, but got charged for the whole lot. Think I will stick to my American contacts to help me out from now on. BTW, glad to hear you got a refund.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm from Canada as well and like you, I got boned by i-parcel's sh!tty communication with TRU.com. This is actually the second time this has happened and I am begining to loose faith in their customer service department. My order had gone through, but unlike most everyone who uses i-parcel, I didn't get an order confirmation or even a shipping confirmation. Just half an order in the mail a week later and all the harder to find mates absent, but got charged for the whole lot. Think I will stick to my American contacts to help me out from now on. BTW, glad to hear you got a refund.

As far as TRU was concerned my order didn't even exist. It took several attempts at explaining what I needed from iparcel to get the correct order number. We're talking a week of back and forth to get this resolved.

About once every couple of months, pirate stuff shows up again and on the rare occasion, a Ghost Busters set makes an appearance. I ALWAYS buy them. I went by TRU Sunday to grab some stuff for folks and they had a Jak & Daxter pack hanging there needing a home. I thought these were long gone.

I just got back from a TRU in San Diego. I forgot to take a picture but it was a depressing sight.

No sign of any Wave 15 stuff, a few wave 14, TONS of Wave 13 packs, the whole set, some ASM sets, AvX.

I just got my cancellation notice on the Airlord-Firewalker set too, and I don't feel like paying $20 :/

Just got my confirmation of my refund.

what a commotion...I am a Canadian, made my order the Sunday morning...will have to see if I was charged for all for sure as I have not gotten a cancellation notice on the 4 packs that didnt ship with all my order...thanks for the heads up!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Why can't my TRU have ridiculously cheap BSG or Calico Jack inventory

The manager hates you. It's true. He told me. But seriously, it is really annoying when thta happens. I missed all of BSG and then went home to Florida and it worked out to my benefit because their TRU had everything on sale. Now I just need to get more eye glasses wearing Ginas.

This has probably been mentioned before but bears repeating:

According to one of the managers at TRU, Series 14 has the same stock number as Series 15. Consequently when they search for it in the store, it shows up as in stock, which is a computerized lie. So it would appear that Series 15 (or as TRU's automated inventory replenishment system* sees it, Series 14) isn't going to come in until Series 14 sells through more.

They did just get another case of Amazing Spider-Man despite there being more than a few lingering on the pegs so I'll continue to wait patiently. I was assured that there were over 1,000 of these things sitting at the distribution center. Maybe Wednesday?

*or as I call it "SkyNet"

Yes, this is exactly the same situation my local store is in. When Wave 15 went up for sale on TRU.com, I didn't bother ordering any because I had already found some at nearby stores in the area, so I figured it was a matter of time before they hit my store. Unfortunately, what I didn't take into consideration was that there were 7 Rhino/Iron Man packs and 3 Spider-Man/Captain America packs on the peg from Wave 14, and an entire case of Wave 14 in backstock, so from an inventory standpoint there is no reason to restock my local store with the Wave 15 because they share the same item number as Wave 14.

This brings up 2 problems:

1) Why is there a full case of Wave 14 with the exclusives in backstock when all that is on the pegs are multiples of 2 sets....doesn't make sense, but that is TRU logic.

2) This shared item number has been a problem for me and my local store in the past, and my solution then was to buy up all the items I didn't want at my store and return them to another store. This essentially clears out the stock at my store so the inventory system refreshes the store with the current item number, in this case Wave 15. This borders on unscrupulous, but I can say first hand that it has worked for me. Not to mention that it potentially screws over other collectors in the area. (Sorry, Toledo OH Minimate collectors)

This time around I decided to try and get help from fellow collectors, and I am thankful to say that several reliable members came through for me. :thumbsup:

I just found some in Massachusetts. They had the Human Torch/Annihilus and Thing/Silver Surfer. Didn't have the others. Also no signs of Battle Beasts yet. They even double scanned my 20% off coupon. $5.99 each. Plus I picked up a Wolfman set for $1.99.