UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 15

MINI_MYTE

At the knee... is there an easy fix for that? Can't glue it because then I won't be able to move it.

Try getting in touch with Zach Oat or Amy Stevens at DST. They replaced my wave 48 Mr. Fantastic's leg which also broke at the knee. It took a few weeks for the part to come in, but they were really great about it. even if they don't have the TRU wave 15 part in stock, they should have the wave 48 Johnny Storm parts which is essentially the same "flame on" leg so they should be able to send you that. Edited by thatblockoguy

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRU order received today. I placed mine on Sunday morning, had the same "wave 14" descriptions show up in my shipping notice, but it was exactly what I ordered - all of Wave 15 and three of the Battle Beasts sets. They were even packed well in a large box with no damage. TRU.com came through for me this time.

Now I just need to find the exclusive moose / bat set.

TRU.com aside...

Anyone in the western Chicagoland area-ish... (And I know there are a few of you. Banners. Tenime, I believe.)

The Schaumburg Toys R Us has a METRIC FREAKING TON of this wave.

I counted at least 4 cases on the shelf, and all I bought was a single Airwalker/Firelord pack to replace the one from my order that got canceled.

There were Things, Nuls, Kurths, Torches and Annihili 12 deep across 4 pegs. It was honestly the most stock of a single wave I've seen at a single Toys R Us... ever. I have no idea what possesed them to order so many.

If you can't find them at first don't panic, the Marvel toys are spread across two aisles. They're not in the one with the Iron Man 3 movie toys, they're in the one with the Dark Knight Rises movie toys.

Go! Swarm!

(lol)

Edited by Gillbob316

Miraculously, I got my sets today instead of having to wait 'til Monday like my boss at work said (re: UPS Sure Post deliveries... read above).

Watch out for Air-Walker's legs, though. One of my sets had such paint applied to it that the whole leg was glued together at the knee. 360 degrees of "that bitch ain't movin'".

With such wonderfully colored assortment of Fantastic Four characters in the past month... I really do hope that Zach, Chuck, et. all are planning the rest of the Inhuman royal family this year somehow. They just shot up my "want" list from 4th place to 1st, beating even classic Falcon out.

Edited by Mystery Man

I got my Thing and Torch sets in the mail yesterday. They look great.

Still no word one way or the other about the Heralds or FI sets.... :(

I found these yesterday in LA, specifically at the Los Feliz store.

They were pretty picked over by the time I got there (and the line was ATROCIOUSLY long), but I managed to put my hands on a Thing/Surfer set and a HUman Torch/Annihulus one.

And I gotta say, after a quick headswap for something more ready for action, I'm really digging the new Thing figure,even if he doesn't have an ink wash over him.

I found these yesterday in LA, specifically at the Los Feliz store.

They were pretty picked over by the time I got there (and the line was ATROCIOUSLY long), but I managed to put my hands on a Thing/Surfer set and a HUman Torch/Annihulus one.

And I gotta say, after a quick headswap for something more ready for action, I'm really digging the new Thing figure,even if he doesn't have an ink wash over him.

I personally like Thing better without the wash. The wash makes him look messy, imo.

I really like the new Thing. The darker Things are good for a modern version (and reminds me of the old Marvel Legends Thing I used to have). The newest one reminds of the old Marvel Superheroes one from the early 90's and the one from the animated series from the mid 90's.

TRU.com aside...

Anyone in the western Chicagoland area-ish... (And I know there are a few of you. Banners. Tenime, I believe.)

I counted at least 4 cases on the shelf, and all I bought was a single Airwalker/Firelord pack to replace the one from my order that got canceled.

There were Things, Nuls, Kurths, Torches and Annihili 12 deep across 4 pegs. It was honestly the most stock of a single wave I've seen at a single Toys R Us... ever. I have no idea what possesed them to order so many.

If you can't find them at first don't panic, the Marvel toys are spread across two aisles. They're not in the one with the Iron Man 3 movie toys, they're in the one with the Dark Knight Rises movie toys.

Go! Swarm!

(lol)

Was there today and you were not joking, that is the most of a new TRU wave I have ever seen at one time.

My Nova Human Torch didn't come with the firey Fantastic 4 accessory lol. sad.png fail.

Seriously? Was the tray behind the figure empty? Was there a tray?

Yeah there was a tray, everything was there, I honestly didn't even know about the flaming 4 until I was looking through here and saw other peoples minimate with it... Definitely a let down because I really liked the set as a whole.

TRU.com aside...

Go! Swarm!

(lol)

Was there today and you were not joking, that is the most of a new TRU wave I have ever seen at one time.

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up!

I got Torch and Thing set in the mail from TRU.com and my Firelord/Airwalker set was back ordered. I found that set when I was out of town this weekend at another TRU so I picked it up and cancelled my order on the site. It gave me a message saying that since part of the order had shipped I couldn't cancel the order so I figured I would just return the set or trade it here when it got sent to me but then the next day I got an e-mail from TRU saying they had cancelled that part of the order! Love these three sets. I like the wave 48 Torch better than the TRU one though.

My Nova Human Torch didn't come with the firey Fantastic 4 accessory lol. sad.png fail.

Seriously? Was the tray behind the figure empty? Was there a tray?

Yeah there was a tray, everything was there, I honestly didn't even know about the flaming 4 until I was looking through here and saw other peoples minimate with it... Definitely a let down because I really liked the set as a whole.

Well, I would definitely contact customer service to see if they have one to send you.