UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 15

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after spending over an hour last Friday trying all avenues for obtaining the exclusives, one two of the things done actually paid off.

First, I cleared out all but a couple packs of wave 14 in an attempt to trigger a reorder. It worked! Yesterday, I found a full case on the pegs :D

The second thing, which I am hopping will work for future waves and other collectors, also paid off. Apparently, one can request a rain check for product at your local TRU. With ~18 packs of 14 on the shelves, one stellar TRU employee put in a rain check for me for 24 (2 cases) packs. When I walked in yesterday, she saw me and told me that my order had come in. She had 2 cases of wave 15 stashed in her work area for me, which had come in to fill the rain check!

It was a good birthday! :woot:

That being said, I have two full sets of wave 15 for sale ($32 + shipping) or trade (looking for wave 48 and others) as full sets only. PM me if interested. :) I will ship over seas.

Got the Fear Itself pack, and mini-evil Hulk/Juggernaut are great. I hope we eventually see the Worthy looks for Absorbing Man, Titania, and Attuma.

ditto

So, went to my TRU today and they are already have TRU wave 15 on clearance. Thought this was kinda of odd since they just came out.

Probably because they think it's series 14. Still no sign of it in my neck of the woods. Checking again today at lunch. [fingers crossed]

All Marvel Minimates are now 6.98 at the stores and online.

I scanned one at TRU and the scanner stated it was part of the "ComicCon DVD Promotion". No idea what that is.

No information on how long the price reduction is good for either.

its a ComicCon DVD set with a couple pack-in figures, didn't really seem all that interesting to me. i think TRU is just trying to get rid of them. they are on the shelves in the "collector" aisle.

All Marvel Minimates are now 6.98 at the stores and online.

I scanned one at TRU and the scanner stated it was part of the "ComicCon DVD Promotion". No idea what that is.

No information on how long the price reduction is good for either.

The promotion is you get the DVD free if you buy $50 worth of Action Figures or collectibles

i traded my Gorilla Grodd and a couple WWE Divas for $50 store credit at this toy store in town and purchased the entire FF wave, minus Alicia/Moliod. they also had the Tru thing/surfer and Torch/Annihulus. im not even a big FF guy bit i was really blown away by how well they were done. Sue is my favorite, and i used the flame on Torches base for Dark Phoenix. really loving minimates these days.......im obsessed!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as MisterPL. I was hoping to find these locally, but I just don't think that's going to happen. I'm not a fan of paying for shipping on something that I should be able to find 5 minutes away from where I work, but oh well, such is the life of a Minimate collector. So if anyone can help me out with the Torch/Annihilus and Airwalker/Firelord sets that would be cool.

@ Donny - Your sets are on the way. :yes:

@ MisterPL - I still have a full set available at cost or for trade, preferably for wave 48.

And if anyone is looking for just the 2 sets to round out the Fantastic Four, let me know, my TRU has a few.

That was my recourse, since my two closest TRUs (Middletown NY and Scranton PA) haven't seen a glimpse of w15 (though Middletown had BB for a *very* brief window). But it's nice to know there are areas where these are abundant smile.png

middletown TRU is my closest too! yea, i haven't seen any wave 15 there AT ALL...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as MisterPL. I was hoping to find these locally, but I just don't think that's going to happen. I'm not a fan of paying for shipping on something that I should be able to find 5 minutes away from where I work, but oh well, such is the life of a Minimate collector. So if anyone can help me out with the Torch/Annihilus and Airwalker/Firelord sets that would be cool.

I can help you out with those two.