UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 15

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone for the excellent pictures! I didn't see this in skimming the previous posts but can anyone explain how AirWalker's wings are attached? Thanks!

Notch molded in back of shoulder piece that the wings peg onto. Simple & effective.

Anybody else's Air Walkers foot holes too big for the flight stand as well?

This is probably my favorite Thing version DST has made. The hands are open so I can easily use Avengers Hulk's rob slab pieces to show off his strength. I love the brighter orange as well. Reminds me of the old Marvel Super Heroes Thing action figure I used to have with the twisted lamp post.

Speaking of which, DST/Luke I'd love to see a twisted Yancy Street sign as an accessory that could be wrapped around a figure and still manage to fit in Thing's hands.

So I was online at 2:00 AM this past Sunday and see wave 15 online. I order 3 of each set, get my free shipping quota and got my order confirmation was shipping the next day.

Then some ass-clown goes in and cleans out the sets and now tons of back order emails are being sent.

Putting limits on the order cart of even 20 per customer would go along way. People could still take advantage with multiple multiple orders, but why make things easy to clean out exclusives?

This is probably my favorite Thing version DST has made. The hands are open so I can easily use Avengers Hulk's rob slab pieces to show off his strength. I love the brighter orange as well. Reminds me of the old Marvel Super Heroes Thing action figure I used to have with the twisted lamp post.

Speaking of which, DST/Luke I'd love to see a twisted Yancy Street sign as an accessory that could be wrapped around a figure and still manage to fit in Thing's hands.

Same here. The conversion to Ben works out great. I hope this is a new trend.

So I was online at 2:00 AM this past Sunday and see wave 15 online. I order 3 of each set, get my free shipping quota and got my order confirmation was shipping the next day.

Then some ass-clown goes in and cleans out the sets and now tons of back order emails are being sent.

Putting limits on the order cart of even 20 per customer would go along way. People could still take advantage with multiple multiple orders, but why make things easy to clean out exclusives?

assclownheadsmate? tongue.png

HAR, you didn't bother to take the time and come here and post at 2:00 AM that they were available, BHM was the one to post that they were available. Sure, he may order more than the average collector (I know for a fact he didn't "clean them out"), but at least he took the time to contribute to the rest of the forum that they were available. Edited by youbastards

All I'll say is that I buy the same amount of sets for each & every licence that is listed on TRU.com ,I rarely see them until months later (my choice & out of economic necessity) by which time their rarity & desirability has generally waned ....i rarely sell anything anyway!

One exception to this was, I confess, Walking Dead (both waves) . That particular story has still to be told & I am more than a little embarrassed about it....I have little more to say about it at the moment although I will say that it had very little to do with scalping or profiteering .

Just takin the piss there BHM. thumbsup.gif

I ,of course,know that tongue.png TBH I didn't feel that HAR was actually thinking of me ,I think he has some valid points which are similar to my own views on certain ebay sellers vacuuming up the exclusives to resell at extortionate prices....when I say it , it perhaps wreaks of hypocrisy.

All I'll say is that I buy the same amount of sets for each & every licence that is listed on TRU.com ,I rarely see them until months later (my choice & out of economic necessity) by which time their rarity & desirability has generally waned ....i rarely sell anything anyway!

One exception to this was, I confess, Walking Dead (both waves) . That particular story has still to be told & I am more than a little embarrassed about it....I have little more to say about it at the moment although I will say that it had very little to do with scalping or profiteering .

This sounds you were checking "how much in stock" by putting in large numbers and due to an infusion of alcohol ended up purchasing the whole darn lot?

T.

Re: TRU 15 Sunday morning

I forget what time I saw they were up... around 4am-ish? Not sure w/out looking back at my post that day. Regardless, I did see that somebody'd posted that they were up. Since I'd been watching since JANUARY for these sets, each and every day at all hours... I did the next most helpful thing I could for people on here and took an inventory total. Only then did I remove all the excess by updating my cart for what I wanted and THEN ordered my sets.

I thought about throwing a reminder up on Facebook, then decided not to as I'd hate for non-Multiverse members to get the drop on "us" guys.