UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 15

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know how Boondock gets all the TRU exclusives, the store has a ton for sale at all times.

Say what you like about Boondock but he's a great source of Minimates & generally fair ,he also sold me my first Minimate & has had that same character available almost every week for the last 6 years . What is far more interesting is that he seems to have an almost everlasting supply of the 'chase' Minimate dump set figures without necessarily having a proportionate amount of the other figures .....????

I want to know how Boondock gets all the TRU exclusives, the store has a ton for sale at all times.

Say what you like about Boondock but he's a great source of Minimates & generally fair ,he also sold me my first Minimate & has had that same character available almost every week for the last 6 years . What is far more interesting is that he seems to have an almost everlasting supply of the 'chase' Minimate dump set figures without necessarily having a proportionate amount of the other figures .....????

I've got no problem with Boondock, the reasons you listed are why I actually like his store, I was just curious how he always has TRU exclusive and Chase figures up for grabs.

+1 I've used him before as well. Chatted with him a bit and he's a real nice guy.

You are not important. Children's parents are. And right now it's still a "You just had Christmas, and your birthday is 3 months away. We're not going to TRU" situation. You and I both buy Minimates. And we love them. But we collectors are a tiny, tiny fraction of sales. Remember, most Minimates end up as sand box toys.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Does he have an inside source at DST or TRU? Because I think it's odd we still haven't seen any more of these turn up anywhere.

If I remember correctly he had Balder/Thor and Cap/Crossbones a few weeks before they showed up anywhere else. He probably has an inside source that can hook him up.

You are not important. Children's parents are. And right now it's still a "You just had Christmas, and your birthday is 3 months away. We're not going to TRU" situation. You and I both buy Minimates. And we love them. But we collectors are a tiny, tiny fraction of sales. Remember, most Minimates end up as sand box toys.

This could be a devastatingly sad line of poetry.

I love Boondock's range too - and his sell prices are very fair. Alas, his international shipping is insanely high. It's not his fault. I suppose he's had a few bad experiences in the past and just wants to cover his backside by insisting on tracked shipping at all times, but unfortunately it makes buying from him a bit prohibitive.

He's based out of New York I believe... Did any one here buy that 2-pack?

i live in NY and i haven't seen any of wave 15 at either of my local TRUs.

I live in NYC and go to the 7th level of hell known as the flagship TRU in Times Square. They got NOTHING. They barely have minimates at all to be honest. I have had to result to trolling ebay to get a few of the past releases.

I love Boondock's range too - and his sell prices are very fair. Alas, his international shipping is insanely high. It's not his fault. I suppose he's had a few bad experiences in the past and just wants to cover his backside by insisting on tracked shipping at all times, but unfortunately it makes buying from him a bit prohibitive.

Couldn't agree more. I recently got a Rachel Grey variant set that I was REALLY looking for in order to complete my classic Excalibur team, but the shipping fee will be 3x the price I paid for the set... :(

Sadly that might be a eBay/PayPal thing. To meet their buyer/seller protection policies everything must have a delivery confirmation number, which for International shipping means Priority or Express Mail. Shipping internationally without a confirmation number creates a nasty loophole where the buyer just has to say they didn't get it and PayPal automatically refunds the buyer even if the seller has their proof of shipping. It's a bummer but it's the beast they've created.

@ Mohawk_Jones - i have no doubt that it is. It's just a shame - cause i've had my eye on this sick Colossus baseball cap they have for about a year, but can never pull the trigger cause i know the shipping will push it up past $100.