UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 15

MINI_MYTE

It's weird when I think about it, we are very close to the release of these and we have seen nothing of Wave 49, only control art for Wave 50 and only a theme for 51. Usually when a series is about to hit we've seen at least photos for what's coming next. Looking forward to Toyfair.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah! Why do i want these so much? I may be even more excited by these than i was by the Outback X-men. WTF?!??!

So comic-booky. so bight. so colourful. These are what i love about minimates. These can't get here soon enough.

I'd argue every version of the Silver Surfer holds up, I don't blame them for making new ones but I think the first one is right up there with Carnage in terms of the early 'mates.

Oh, he holds up but the newer versions are better (and i'm sure from how much i whined about it people know i missed the previous update). Just looks dated compared to the rest of the newer figures.

Man, I'm not even really a fan of the Fantastic Four but that Thing figure is awesome! and I'm so glad it comes with the Silver Surfer figure. Everything Surfer comes with just makes it that much more awesome :) This is a definite must buy set for me

To me, this is going to be my "Thing-suit" Thing.

By that, I mean this is going to represent those times when Ben has been "trapped" in his human form, but insisted on still adventuring with his teammates. Reed built Ben an armored suit that replicated the strength and appearance of Ben's classic Thing form. The first suit was shredded when Ben got his powers back. The second was reconstructed for him by Stark Enterprises and presumably is still packed away in one of the various FF headquarters. And there were limitations to the suit; while just as durable as Ben's rocky hide, the limits on it's strength were mechanical, so it was weaker than the real Thing (Ben always being too darn stubborn to recognize his limitations, keeps exceeding them) and Ben is not as quick in it. And Ben usually didn't wear an orange jumpsuit under it. The second time it was in use, Ben wore street clothes or a standard FF uniform under it. Strangely, Ben wore his usual "Thing" costume under his Thing costume during his first run with it. That's right, he was just wearing his blue trunks inside an armored suit, also just wearing blue trunks. Oh the wackiness!

Guess I'll have to try and track down a couple of these... for the Ben Grimm heads. If I succeed, obviously I'll put the Radd's up for trade.

I'd argue every version of the Silver Surfer holds up, I don't blame them for making new ones but I think the first one is right up there with Carnage in terms of the early 'mates.

Oh, he holds up but the newer versions are better (and i'm sure from how much i whined about it people know i missed the previous update). Just looks dated compared to the rest of the newer figures.

Honestly I kinda like Old Surfer's look better. I'm getting this guy for the board. This guy will be used for something or other, but I want that board.

The first time, it was weird even in context, Valo. Don't remember the writer, but Big John Buscema and George Perez were on art duties. And the FF's powers were wearing off, or some such thing. Ben lost his powers ans was replaced by Luke Cage for all of an issue before the Thing suit debuted. Can't remember whether Ben voluntarily or involutarily regained them, but I remember him "Thinging out" and shredding the suit.

The second time was during the Simonson run on FF. Ben lost his powers, Sharon/She-Thing took his place on the team. Ben assisted in adventures with a series weapons he kept pulling out of a brief case he ordered from the Stark Enterprises Miniaturization Department. Mostly Ben kept proving stupid levels of courage realy should count as a super-power. Of course a strange time travel adventure occurs, and all the FF somehow lose their powers while trapped with an army unit on an island full of dinosaurs. (this was after fighting a robot Joseph Stalin in a giant mecha) So what does Ben pull out of his Stark provided but a new Thing suit, and protects everyone until Reed can get everyone back where and when they are suppossed to be, which restores everyone's powers but Ben's. Ben continues to wear the suit, even when not "on duty" much to Sharon's annoyance. Ultimately of course, Ben volutarily becomes the Thing again during a rematch with Doctor Doom.

Okay, I admit that one was pretty bizarre too, but a fun read.

And people say those old "Thing Ring, do your thing!!" cartoons were silly, thanks for the synopsis Miry. Some of it I read and was convinced you were making it up to amuse yourself, then the creeping realization hit that you were probably completely serious.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I'm kind of happy these, wave 48, and the best of series 2 have been delayed or not released yet, I just spent all my money on tuition, books and a concert ticket, hopefully by the time this series is release I'll have enough for it.

All the sets are winners in my book, and I'm especially excited to get the Juggernaut and Human Torch sets.

checked three Toys R Us's here and not a sign of them, that and Wave 48 got delayed again . . .

Delayed again? Explain please. Luke has stated these're on his ship list for next week. Perhaps you have "delayed up until this point".

I seem to be the only person excited for Series 48, Best of 2 and TRU 15 that actually has the money for them/pre-ordered... ermm.gif It sure feels that way.

Edited by Mystery Man