UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers Movie (1986) Limited Edition 2-Disc DVD Set

Alpheon

I've got the normal 1-disc anniversary version but i've been seriously thinking of picking up the 2-disc version and probably letting my little boy have the 1-disc copy...

As to your question...

"Has anyone bought this yet?" = See above...

"Am I the only one who likes it?" = That i'm aware, there's a few Transformer fans on the board, me included (Obviously :P )

"Is it worth buying?" = You have to ask this, it's Transformers for a start, of course you have to buy it. And probably better to own the 2-disc copy over the 1-disc copy...

In conclusion, if you haven't already got the anniversary 1 disc version you may as well go for the 2-disc version...

No, I've never owned it, but rented it every summer. My question, "am I the only one who likes it?" was mean't as "does anyone like the movie itself".

Another note, feel free to speak about anything Transformers here. It's officially NOT considered hijacking the thread. I wish I could edit the title of the thread, sorry.

Did anyone used to watch Beast Wars/Machines? Thoughts? That was THE Sat. Morning cartoon for my brother and I. It is seriously nostalgic for me. That's the Transformers I grew up with although I do have a great deal of respect and love for the Original Series. Anyone follow the comics? The 80's(?) comics. They were a little too convoluted to me. Way too many timelines, alt. universes, dead/risen characters, and other weird stuff. I do have a few of the new ones. I have issues number 2-6. Heh, not a lot.

Anyone got news on the July movie? My first excitement for movies next year is Spider-Man 3, but close second is Transformers. :D

Well I am not a major fan of the whole Transformers legacy, however my partner is :P I just bought season 3 and 4 from Play.com for his birthday and christmas, as his birthday is the 17th of December, and I'm on a low budget this year.

I was going to get Ulysses 31 but the bugger downloaded from the net! Curse you the Internet!!! I was gonna be all smug and clever about it, as he thinks I have a bad memory... I just let him think that :P Anyhoooo, he has most of the transformer DVDs except the last season so there we go, one present done and dusted.

cheers,

Tk

Beast Wars/Machines to my mind was as good as G1 and easily carried it off as part of the G1 universe. I would have to say though that out of the two, For me Wars was the better series but Machines had some far better ideas in it's storylines...

The comics weren't bad, i've got scans of #1 through to #80 of the US release and currently bargaining for #1 through to #332 of the UK release. For me the comics gave you a wider perspective of the characters and the general G1 universe, obviously because you could explore more in a comic than you could in a 22 minute cartoon. And for me, reading through them now, they seem to approach and be made for an older audience than the cartoon ever was. I'll agree though, the timelines thing was a little hard to keep track of at times...

I'll keep quiet about the 2007 movie and reserve judgement until i actually sit and watch it. But gotta say, so far i'm not convinced...

Well my personal opinion is that Beast Machines was as good as Beast Wars and everything after R.I.D pretty much sucked (Armada/Energon/Cybertron-Some good toys though) but i know a few people who hated Beast Machines so i guess it would depend on who you asked really...

Overall though, if i remember rightly, the only decline in popularity really was the gap between G1 and Beast Wars...

This page gives a fairly concise rundown of the Transformers cartoons...

as his birthday is the 17th of December...

Hey, that's my birthday too!

As for Transformers, I love the movie and the original tv series and I had all the toys. The recent incarnations Beast Wars/Beast Machines killed it for me - they were awful, but I think most Sat. morning cartoons are of a lesser quality than when I was a kid. Too much redubbed anime crap now. Sigma 6? Don't even get me started! :P

Well I got it the as soon as it got out. It's pretty good. It has alot of extras, like the japanese episode of Scramble City with commentary. I also liked all the japanese toy commercials. They looked funny with the american kid speaking japanese. LOL :D

as his birthday is the 17th of December...

Hey, that's my birthday too!

As for Transformers, I love the movie and the original tv series and I had all the toys. The recent incarnations Beast Wars/Beast Machines killed it for me - they were awful, but I think most Sat. morning cartoons are of a lesser quality than when I was a kid. Too much redubbed anime crap now. Sigma 6? Don't even get me started! :P

BW/BM were great!

That current stuff, now thats crap!

Yes, I actually agree with both of you. I am sooo hating the new re-dubbed "Americanime" that's all over "4KidsTV". Sigma 6? Couldn't pay me to watch it, but awesome toys. Sonic X, TMNT, MewMew Power, yuck. Disgusting, in a "I'm disgusted" kind of way. So the new Armada/Energon/Cybertron...yeah, load of crap. Funny thing is, my 18 year old brother watches them. I actually kind of liked Armada, but then then started doing this stupid "cel-shaded CGI" junk. Nasty. Horrible.