UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Invincible?...

Invincible is a good comic-- I personally like it a whole lot better then the Walking Dead, and it's much better then the majority of Kirkman's Marvel output. It's a lot like Savage Dragon, in that it's sort-of postmodern, but with a much more classic comic book sensibility then you find from, say, Mark Millar. Not as sophisticated, either, but that's Kirkman for ya.

I hope this set is a big hit, and that we get a few box sets a year. There's certainly enough characters, and variations on Invincible (this is probably the only time I wouldn't mind a battle damaged figure) to run for quite awhile. Glad we're getting Atom Eve right away, though.

• 3 months later...

The Invincible Minimates are in the next PREVIEWS, listed for October. Hoping they do well, want to see more!

JUN13 1795    INVINCIBLE MINIMATES BOX SET (C: 1-1-2)    10/30/13    SRP: $19.99     = $    

Invincible is a good comic-- I personally like it a whole lot better then the Walking Dead, and it's much better then the majority of Kirkman's Marvel output. It's a lot like Savage Dragon, in that it's sort-of postmodern, but with a much more classic comic book sensibility then you find from, say, Mark Millar. Not as sophisticated, either, but that's Kirkman for ya.

I hope this set is a big hit, and that we get a few box sets a year. There's certainly enough characters, and variations on Invincible (this is probably the only time I wouldn't mind a battle damaged figure) to run for quite awhile. Glad we're getting Atom Eve right away, though.

I also think Invincible is one of Kirkman's better series, although it has a lot of similarities with Dragon Ball Z.

I wouldn't mind if it's only this set, the main/coolest characters are there.

Edited by DuploBob

• 7 years later...
  • 9 months later...
7 hours ago, elhonez said:

This series exceeded my expectations.

Same here. I just finished the show recently and the character designs are so Minimates-friendly it's like they were designed with the brand in mind.

• 1 month later...

Man, I'd love for them to start doing minimates for the show, I love the updates to the designs that Cory has done, I still think he's one of the best costume designers in the biz. 

I'd buy any character they'd give us.