UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Invincible?...

Invincible is a great comic. I quite enjoy it. I will probably be purchasing this plastic statue to go along with the invincible heroclix I already own. I hope this statue sells well. Wether or not this statue sells well will probably be the deciding factor if they decide to pursue different lines of collectibles with the invincible brand.

i dont know anything about this series - but that statue looks great & the bold, colourful design looks like the sort of thing that would translate very nicely into a Minimate.

If the rest of the cast are as nicely designed, i could be very into minimates of them.

Do I need to read this comic? I agree that the character designs would translate beautifully into Minimates and I'd probably be tempted to pick up the trades. Gotta love it when a toy gets you to read a book.

Need? That's a bit strong. It's basically a standard postmodern superhero comic. Do you like Savage Dragon? Then you'll probably like Invincible. Do you like Robert Kirkman's writing? Then you'll probably like Invincible. I'm being a bit dismissive, which is probably unfair as I do generally like this comic, but the truth is it's not particularly exceptional. It does fulfill a need for a straight-ahead superhero comic that neither Marvel nor DC seem able to fulfill at the moment, though.

The characters would make for some great looking minimates. I stopped reading after the 3rd hardcover....then I started Walking Dead. I'd pick those up if they made them, two in fact if they had new sculpted pieces. Always on the look out for uniquely sculpted pieces/parts for customs too.

I often switch between Walking Dead and Invincible on what my favourite comic is.

Invincible beats all Marvel & DC titles hands down!!

If we do get Invincible mates- I wonder how many costumes of Mark we'll see?

Well there is the yellow & blue costume, the blue and black costume... and countless battle damaged costumes!! :ohmy:

841074-invincible13.jpg

I'm being a bit dismissive, which is probably unfair as I do generally like this comic, but the truth is it's not particularly exceptional. It does fulfill a need for a straight-ahead superhero comic that neither Marvel nor DC seem able to fulfill at the moment, though.

I'll chime in that I think it is particularly exceptional BECAUSE is is a straight-ahead superhero comic that neither Marvel nor DC are doing right now. Which is a sad statement. I'm not current on Invincible, but the first 75 issues or so were a lot of fun for me. It's worth reading just as a fun superhero comic. And the designs are all bright and bold. They'd be great as Minimates. And I think it would be just swell to pit the Justice League against the Guardians of the Globe against the Squadron Supreme.

The skybound licence covers these titles:

The Astounding Wolfman

invincible

battle pope

brit

walking dead

thief of thieves

tech jacket

witch doctor

capes

cloudfall

super dinosaur

the infinite

I would like to see invincible mates.The costumes are bright and colourfull enough to warrant a buy.The astounding wolfman and super dinosaur would make good mates too.

I would like minimates in this licence. But I cant see it running more then a couple of boxes or waves> From what I have read and enjoyed the earlier stuff with a it seems a teen spidey side of humour.Is now a dragonball comic where the hero gets beatten to a pulp and a few comics later realists he hasn't reached his max and wins. Its like reading a Sups V Doomsday every six months.

• 1 month later...