UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gold and Silver Spider-Men

Alpheon

You'll just have to take my word for it because the two I have are identical within reason ,no lines missing that I can see.....if I were being pedantic one has slightly thicker black 'webbing details'. I'm of course interested to see that there is a possible difference but surely this is just a production aberration .

edit: Having really studied these now I've even found an incredible amount of sameness about these two I have.....there is a tiny black dot on the back of each's head in exactly the same position .....tiny but discernible.

edit again: I swear I never studied Jatta Pakes pics but that 'dot' is clearly visible on each JP's picture & Ivan's.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I don't have the little blighter in front of me, but I'm fairly sure those are printing/tampo defects and not tricks of the light. That poor little guy has more problems than an unwed squirrel.

I'd like to note though that the Minimate in the loose photos is not the same as the one in the packaged photos. The loose one came from AA Donna via eBay some time ago and is not one of the "Official 50". For all I know he was set aside because of his tampographic distinctiveness.

Perhaps he is some sort of emissary of slightly irregular toys everywhere. Maybe he exists to spread the word of their hardships. To let people know that that 'imperfect' toys are just as good as their more desirable counterparts. They will no longer be silent. Their voices will be heard. Just because your JLU figures can't remain upright or your McFarlane figures have broken from an angry glance, it doesn't mean they don't deserve your respect. They have feelings like everybody else. They will only take your mocking and disparagement for so long.

Their day is coming. I can see it in the not-to-distant future. The irregular toys shall have their revenge. They will come with their bent rifles. They will come with their purple swords. They will come with their musty odors and rotting rubber bits. The revolution will not be televised.

First against the wall will be the sixth-scale figures. They think they are so high and mighty with their twelve inches, their shiny armor or their custom tailored suits. What good will a suit be when you have no arms to put in it?

Next will be the vinyl. Oh, pretty vinyl. With your bright colors, your artist signatures, and your limited editions. None of that will help you when being stared down by hundreds of googly-eyed Indiana Joneses. You cannot hide. They are always watching...

Take heed perfect toys. Your days are numbered.