UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So the world is ending....

Kostisfire

So pretty much everyone has jumped on the "the end is nigh" bandwagon.Now,we know that it's not true (it has been debunked many times for several reasons) but if the world was going to end what would you do and how would you prefer it to end?Zombie apocalypse?Natural disasters?Gallifrey returning?

I'm hoping for big, nasty, quick, and utterly unsurivable. Cause I'm just not into the whole post-apocolypse, hard scrabbling, rising from the ashes thing. No one likes rising from the ashes. Its murder on dry cleaning bills.

For my guess, I'm going with the galactic conjunction creating an Einstein-Rosen Bridge (Wormhole) that spreads humanity across the time and the multiverse forcing the species to start over. Most of course (disconnected from technology) die off fairly quickly due to a lack of survival skills.

Let me check my list:

Alien Invasion. Zzap!

Runaway Greenhouse Effect. Broil!

Gamma Ray Burst. Flash!

Ice Age. Brrrrr!

Kuiper Belt Collision. Whumpf!

La Palma Megatsunami. Flush!

Lucifer's Hammer. Whammo!

Nuclear War. Boom!

Quantum Vacuum Collapse. Oops!

Species Collapse. Meow!

Black Hole Passes Solar System. Shllp!

Pandemic Disease. Aaachew!

Super Volcano. Bada-boom!

World War. Ratatatata!

Game Over (Our hologram universe is unplugged). Click!

Niribu. Incoming!

Moon Destruction. Tilt!

Runaway Smog. Choke!

Global Dimming. Switch!

Sea Rise. Splash!

Oil Collapse. Drip!

Financial Collapse. Crash!

Gray Goo. Splat!

Solar Pole Shift. Whoom!

Runaway Genetic Engineered Grain. Stuff!

Secret Government Conspiracy. HAARP!

My money is on:

The Goblin Apocalypse!

Some of the greatest pearls of wisdom that I have ever come across have been written on the walls of pub toilets.......

"If you think the bottom has fallen out of your world then drink 4 pints of the rubbish they sell here & the world will fall out of your bottom"

The end of my world is generally preceded by the words "drink up it's time to go" .

I think Whedon or Goddard mentioned Kevin was (i'm paraphrasing) "an average guy you'd find working at best buy who happened to be a vicious serial killer". But in my imagination, he's Kevin from Home Alone, and the ones being sacrificed are brutally murdered by his "traps" that seemed so innocent in the Home Alone movies :biggrin:

I think Whedon or Goddard mentioned Kevin was (i'm paraphrasing) "an average guy you'd find working at best buy who happened to be a vicious serial killer". But in my imagination, he's Kevin from Home Alone, and the ones being sacrificed are brutally murdered by his "traps" that seemed so innocent in the Home Alone movies :biggrin:

And this ISN'T a movie already because...?

funilly enough my school breaks up on the 21st and several people have said they wonet turn up because they, seriously, think its the end of the world.

anyhoo, i vote for some sort of rift in time and space which causes our world to cross places with that of a parralel universes, making life as we know it end and us having to get used to the ways of this other world