UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Richard Scarry.

And a box-car Tony suddenly makes me want to buy that figure for childhood Richard Scarry-nostolgia reasons.

Zach! Quick, get some Richard Scarry 'mates in the works! You're missing out on a severely untapped market!

We already have Richard Scarry mates. They evolved into Battle Beasts.

I love Richard Scarry.

And a box-car Tony suddenly makes me want to buy that figure for childhood Richard Scarry-nostolgia reasons.

Zach! Quick, get some Richard Scarry 'mates in the works! You're missing out on a severely untapped market!

We already have Richard Scarry mates. They evolved into Battle Beasts.

Bah. I see no Lowly Worm.

Are we getting an Army Builder Dump for Iron Man 3? Wish we had gotten one for the Avengers.

I... very very vaguely recall hearing around the time of Avengers that they were done with Army Builder dumps. And one was planned for Avengers but cancelled. (Which was to contain a Mark Ruffalo Bruce Banner that we never ended up getting.)

But I could be misremembering.

Frankly as a someone who is a completionist but not an army builder, I could do without them. They're annoying to collect. If you don't buy a solid case, sets of 5 are scarcely available, so you end up having to pay a stupid price for the 1 per case figures. All for 5 generic nameless guys I could have done without in the first place, and one or two additional relevant characters... who are usually civilians.

I buy them because I feel I need one to complete my Marvel collection, but I could pass on... the vast majority of them, if not for that fact.

Edited by Gillbob316

Oh yeah the Avengers Dump was going to contain a Mark Ruffalo Bruce Banner, I forgot about that. Ah well it would be a bummer to be totally done with them. I like Army building and really enjoyed the Thor set, the only reason I didn't like the Captain America set was because of Hydra's movie design, I would've loved the Iron Man 2 set if I could've ever found it.

Yeah, but a dump wave of nothing but Iron Men would be cool.

+1 to this

+2

Although, if they did this, would we get 12 different armors? Or would we only get 5 different armors?

I think that is what the unconventional box set is designed to give us. Five, six, or more armors in one go. Maybe more with alternate arms/legs.

Hopefully.

Yeah, but a dump wave of nothing but Iron Men would be cool.

+1 to this

+2

Although, if they did this, would we get 12 different armors? Or would we only get 5 different armors?

I think that is what the unconventional box set is designed to give us. Five, six, or more armors in one go. Maybe more with alternate arms/legs.

Hopefully.

If we get 12 different ones, I'm getting a case.

WHO SAW THE TRAILER?

It is beyond epic with the amount of armors in that thing.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/03/05/iron-man-3-trailer-aims-to-shake-off-rust/

I hope we get the

HULKBUSTER!!! Iron-Man-3-Hulkbuster-Concept-Art-570x74

Screenrant's got 17 armors they speculate appearing in this guide.

Definite potential for a box set?

I must have a boxset. Far too many possibilities. There has been speak of an extended boxset in this topic..but how extended are we talking?

Maybe if we beg hard enough...