UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

Embargoed is the new Redacted. Zach Oat: The unintentional Creator of Memes. highfive2.gif

I am hoping for a whole unique box set of embargoed armors. I am such a sucker for Iron Man armors.. I will continue to buy multiples of every one they make!!

Luv this.

And I have another clarification of those 12 characters for IM3: How many of these characters are variants of the same guy? Specifically how many of these 12 are just variants of Tony/IM?

Maybe three? Armored, and two civvie looks, I think. Nothing extravagant. Lots of new civilian characters, two versions of WM... it adds up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by cowboy Tony. This is the 3rd movie, so it's obvious he has to go back in time to save Doc (where he'll debut his 'Steam Engine Train' armor).

Very cool looking mates. Can't wait to see what else comes out for the movie.

The doc's alive! He's in 1885, but he's alive!

So, what we're seeing here is the LCS assortment (minus the 'top secret' mate packed with Iron Patriot) ... Iron Man and Mandarin, plus Iron Patriot and the mystery character are going to be shared packs with Toys R Us (who will have two additional exclusive 2-packs). There is also a boxed set for an as-of-now unnamed retailer. So, 8 more characters? My guess is at least one Pepper, and at least one battle damaged Iron Man (possibly a battle damaged Iron Patriot) ... what other characters might they include, do you think?

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by cowboy Tony. This is the 3rd movie, so it's obvious he has to go back in time to save Doc (where he'll debut his 'Steam Engine Train' armor).

Very cool looking mates. Can't wait to see what else comes out for the movie.

The doc's alive! He's in 1885, but he's alive!

THIS.

I was hoping for a... different cowboy hat.

thinking about it even though I like the Clint Eastwood sets I don't think yet that minimates have nailed a good cowboy hat. For me Wolverine through the ages is the closest to what I think of straight away. That hat that Stark has on first sight just doesn't just seem to go with a man that is put across with a sense of coolness and style. I will wait until i see a movie shot of Cowboy Stark before anything else.

I, too, think the robe and hands on Mandarin are pretty cool looking, and may try to get them on the comic version (not going to fit with the hair though, right?). I do quite like the bronzey Iron Man as well, but definitely leaving the rest.

Thats a few quid saved for Xenomorphs, amiright?

I like the robes and especially the hands on the Mandarin. They'll look keen on my comic versions.

Movie stuff isn't what appeals to me, so I can't say I'm surprised these don't appeal to me. Movie stuff never does. Still, they're nice looking for what they are.

I'm going to go back to wishing for more Inhumans minimate a now...

My guess is at least one Pepper, and at least one battle damaged Iron Man (possibly a battle damaged Iron Patriot) ... what other characters might they include, do you think?

I think we will see the Mark VIII armor, the Extremis Armor, assuming that is not the XLII shown. Pepper (hoping for Rescue though), Fing Fang Foom?

As for the box set, I am thinking it will be modernized mate versions of at least three previous armors (similar to the TRU wave for IM2) and possibly more new armors; it is non-traditional, right?

I cannot wait!

And bring on a space armor so Tony can fight Xenomorphs! :)

Good mates of odd designs. Like Mystery, movie mates have never been my thing. But, since Avengers, my youngest son has been buying them for himself. So they could suck (which they don't), and they would still be showing up in my house.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for some kind of mid movie, life flashes before his eyes excuse for a final battle armored Whiplash.

(yes, my youngest buys Marvel movie mates, and my oldest gets Battle Beasts... and I get to play with them. Being a Dad is awsome)