UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

It seems to be a popular armor this time around; it's in all the Hasbro basic figure waves. If it was a spoiler, i have a feeling it would be a better kept secret. Probably one of the

40-something

armors.

I thought the

40-something

armor tied directly into the demon-in-the-bottle arc when Tony realizes he’s not a young man anymore and will never recapture the glory of his youth?

but incredibly lame dud of a joke aside, if the (POP figure) is in the movie maybe Hasbro’s ‘gun metal’ figure is the

40-drone armor army, since why would he need to paint FORTY drones?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be a popular armor this time around; it's in all the Hasbro basic figure waves. If it was a spoiler, i have a feeling it would be a better kept secret. Probably one of the

40-something

armors.

I thought the

40-something

armor tied directly into the demon-in-the-bottle arc when Tony realizes he’s not a young man anymore and will never recapture the glory of his youth?

but incredibly lame dud of a joke aside, if the (POP figure) is in the movie maybe Hasbro’s ‘gun metal’ figure is the

40-drone armor army, since why would he need to paint FORTY drones?

Synthesizing different materials for different purposes much like how the Mk III came about, i would assume.

Going by those Funko's I still am not sold on that gold and red main armour. The next two are ok and the final one will be very interesting if it actually appears in the movie.

I can see the space armour making an appearance in I guess the post credits to tie in with GOTG and Thanos somehow.

Per Marvel, No Iron Man armors other than Marks 1 – 8 and 42, can be marketed or on-shelf prior to APRIL 24, 2013.

My guess is that either Funko funk'd up or they're dabbling in Hasbro's "concept" arena. It's only three total sculpts (so far) since War Machine and Iron Patriot are the same suit repainted.

Per Marvel, No Iron Man armors other than Marks 1 8 and 42, can be marketed or on-shelf prior to APRIL 24, 2013.

My guess is that either Funko funk'd up or they're dabbling in Hasbro's "concept" arena. It's only three total sculpts (so far) since War Machine and Iron Patriot are the same suit repainted.

So, what is 8 and what is 42? Have we seen both 8 AND 42?

Seven, from the Avengers, is toast, right? Did that get retooled for 8? I don't remember! Ahhhhh :panic:

EDIT: I can't get the right smilies :no:

Edited by Onyx_6

The gold armor seen at SDCC and in the trailer is the Mark 42 armor. Isn't Mark 8 what he wore at the end of The Avengers?

EDIT: Nope. My bad. Mark 7 was at the end of The Avengers but it got pretty shwarma'd at the end so I suspect Mark 8 might be what he dons very early in IM3.

Edited by MisterPL

An unusually serious spoiler from me about the Mk.XLVII 47 armour .....

.......end of 'Avengers' movie Stark is on Mk.VII suit by the time we get to IM3 he has produced 39 drones that he can control from his Mk.XLVII suit .....

-buttmirymate

Let's stick to the Roman numerals it's far more irritating than using those easy Arabic numerals.

Edited due to my ropey arithmetical skills

I'm pretty confident that the above is close enough & personally I don't feel that knowing it spoils anything .

Going by other things said in the films...

Tony is in a bit of a panic/funk post Avengers. He releases his tech almost didn't cut it, millions almost died, HE almost died, and most frightening of all he may be asked to do something like that again any day now. So he goes on an armor designing tear, designing if not building over 30 new armor prototypes in a desperate race to be "ready" when the call to assemble comes. He's still working the bugs out of his model 42 prototype when the Mandarin strikes, wrecking Tony's home base and leaving him in the cold "literally" with only a malfunctioning prototype to his name.

As to the Space armor... what if that is the mark 8? The movie could open with Tony in space, adjusting some kind of early warning satellite system he's dreamed up to feel better protected from future invasions. Would make a heck of an opening credit sequence.

Going by other things said in the films...

Tony is in a bit of a panic/funk post Avengers. He releases his tech almost didn't cut it, millions almost died, HE almost died, and most frightening of all he may be asked to do something like that again any day now. So he goes on an armor designing tear, designing if not building over 30 new armor prototypes in a desperate race to be "ready" when the call to assemble comes. He's still working the bugs out of his model 42 prototype when the Mandarin strikes, wrecking Tony's home base and leaving him in the cold "literally" with only a malfunctioning prototype to his name.

As to the Space armor... what if that is the mark 8? The movie could open with Tony in space, adjusting some kind of early warning satellite system he's dreamed up to feel better protected from future invasions. Would make a heck of an opening credit sequence.

Love it! Hope we get to see that, would be brilliant.

So a couple kids get ripped on poppy's.. then they are so high that they forget they are related?.. Interesting... though I am not good at undertsanding other cultures so I may be way off on my assessment.

Also, can't wait to see the reveal on the IM3 minis.. Toy Fair?.. or does anyone know when we will see prototypes?

Whisper of the Heart is one of my favorite movies (Proco Roso is my favorite Miyazaki) I love the slow lethargic 1970's anime feel. Everyone seems to be giving Goro a second chance, ignoring that terrible EarthSea fiasco. So far I am impressed, and waiting anxiously. Even more than... whatever the movie that the toys are based on that inspired this thread is about. :P

So, these are due in March? Who thinks it will actually be mid April before we see them? In stores, that is. I think we will see at least a few of them at Toy Fair.

Poppies looks so bizarre. I'll give it a shot.

The only problem with this series and the TRU series is just how many "important" characters seem to be in the movie. There's a lot of civilians, a lot of people who may wind up more than civilians, and apparently a LOT of armors. I'm sure we'll get a nice amount but i imagine we'll be disappointingly missing things.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face