UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first time. The Amazing Spider-Man wave had an equal number of Aunt May and Uncle Ben.

CBMM1 ,I'm not arguing but can anyone else confirm that ?

My LCS had two each of Ben and May, as found in two different cases.

On topic though, this is great! Army builder is now (should be) shared with TRU!

Odd that we are only getting one IM armor but 2 War Machines (supposedly). Most likely (I assume) we will see 2 more IM armors in the TRU wave. How exciting. I cannot wait to see pics!

Going to assume 47 is a typo, unless Tony has been really, really busy between movies.

Darn it, yb, quit thinking of the same joke but posting it before I finish typing!

Edited by Mirymate

An unusually serious spoiler from me about the Mk.XLVII 47 armour .....

.......end of 'Avengers' movie Stark is on Mk.VII suit by the time we get to IM3 he has produced 39 drones that he can control from his Mk.XLVII suit .....

-buttmirymate

Let's stick to the Roman numerals it's far more irritating than using those easy Arabic numerals.

Edited due to my ropey arithmetical skills

Edited by buttheadsmate

Mark 47 is correct.

Let's just say if you like Tony's Hall of Armor, wait' 'til you see The Cellar. ;)

Actually, that's what's got me a little perplexed about the assortment. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE getting background characters and army builders other manufacturers won't offer (I'm looking at you, Hasbro). But I'm a little surprised DST isn't taking advantage of a wider variety of armors.

That said, an army dump called "The Cellar" featuring one of each armor would be fine by me, especially if the packaging looked like an alcove from the set. B)

I'm picking these up. I'm curious to see what they look like, I'm trying to avoid spoiler-ish things from this movie as much as I can, I feel a lot more uninformed than most of you guys seem to be. I am curious, is Aldrich Killian a villain or a supporting cast member? The trailer hasn't really indicated much, although the name certainly gives him a villainous flavor.

I'm picking these up. I'm curious to see what they look like, I'm trying to avoid spoiler-ish things from this movie as much as I can, I feel a lot more uninformed than most of you guys seem to be. I am curious, is Aldrich Killian a villain or a supporting cast member? The trailer hasn't really indicated much, although the name certainly gives him a villainous flavor.

As far as we know he's another Extremis scientist, and comic accurate like Maya:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremis_(comics)

Not the first time. The Amazing Spider-Man wave had an equal number of Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Im interested in seeing that Cowboy Tony. :-)

I'm pretty sure the XMO:W wave came after the 'Army Builders' began, but didn't contain one. It might be an allowance they make for film-themed waves?

This is from TOYARK and has some more information:

Like your toys a little smaller? The newest assortment of movie-based Minimates (designed by Art Asylum) will include two 2-packs shared between comic shops and Toys "R" Us, Iron Man with the Mandarin and Iron Patriot with a top-secret figure. It will also include two specialty store-exclusive sets, War Machine with Maya Hansen and Aldrich Killian with Cowboy Tony Stark, as well as two TRU-exclusive sets to be revealed later! We can't show any of them to you, but we can say that each Minimate stands 2 inches tall with 14 points of articulation and a variety of removable and interchangeable parts and accessories. Pre-order the specialty assortment today at your local comic shop, and be on the lookout

• 2 weeks later...

I found this:

MARVEL MINIMATES SERIES 49 ASST IRON MAN 3

“A Diamond Select Release! Designed and Sculpted by Art Asylum! The newest assortment of movie-based Minimates will include Iron Man Mark 47 with the Mandarin, Iron Patriot with Extremis Soldier and two specialty-exclusive sets, War Machine and Maya Hansen and Aldrich Killian with Cowboy Tony Stark. Each Minimate stands 2 inches tall with 14 points of articulation and a variety of removable and interchangeable parts and accessories.”

which reveals the top-secret figure as the Extremis soldier who in actuality is

the character firepower who at some point takes over the "iron patirot" armor

Edited by Mattallica

• 3 weeks later...

***WARNING - POSSIBLE FILM SPOILERS***

So...... this just surfaced over at MarvelousNews.

I know that Iron Patriot, Iron Man & War Machine will all feature in the film, and that their Pop counterparts look reasonably accurate to the film stills we've so far.
Does this mean that we'll see a Deep Space Suit Iron Man in the film, and more importantly - will there be a Minimate to match?

Edited by Nessex

Those are awesome pics, right? Minimates are still my favorite toy of choice, but Pops have easily become my 'go to' mistress. My guess is if they're making it, then it's in the movie. They don't do concept stuff outside of chase versions (even then it's like glow in the dark stuff).

And Nessex, slowly but surely you'll be a full blown Pop collector. Just give it time.

I'm going to be sticking fairly close to the X-Family if i do start collecting, groundhog.

I can't let this get out of hand like i did with minimates. LOL

oh - and maybe the MOTU stuff....