UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

Awesome. Thanks for the pic, Luke.

I think i prefer the Gold look in this case. It highlights more of the sculptural details... but i certainly don't mind that we are getting both.

In fact, I might even prefer it if shared figures went down this route...

The recently shared could have been a birhgt comic book-esque red for the LCS release and a deeper, darker movie-like red for the LCS. It might be nice to give people an option on which figure they prefer.

(Although, i can also see it driving some collectors crazy - :P )

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, I went to TRU this weekend a couple times, and wasn't able to find them yet. And I won't be able to go again until next weekend. I am hoping they will stay in the store long enough until then. I haven't been following the marvel releases recently. How quickly are these IM3 sets going to sell? I'd like to be able to pick up a set of the armors for some customizing. Especially the heartbreaker and silver centurion armors.

And after seeing the movie this weekend, there are several other armors that I think would really translate well to minimate form.

Here is a pic comparing the LCS gold to the TRU yellow:

ims_zps435e96d0.jpg

Wow great shot, you can really tell the difference. I think I like the gold better. Yellow might be my Pepper one.

Awesome. Thanks for the pic, Luke.

I think i prefer the Gold look in this case. It highlights more of the sculptural details... but i certainly don't mind that we are getting both.

In fact, I might even prefer it if shared figures went down this route...

The recently shared could have been a birhgt comic book-esque red for the LCS release and a deeper, darker movie-like red for the LCS. It might be nice to give people an option on which figure they prefer.

(Although, i can also see it driving some collectors crazy - tongue.png )

It would definitely drive me crazy. I was only planning on getting the two TRU exclusive packs, but now that there is a different color Mark 42, and Iron Patriot has two heads plus comes with an army builder, I'll be getting one of each.

The e-mail when in-stock option!

Yeah, that's a good feature to use, I try it every so often and I'm glad I always do.

ditto, I definitely did this too. No TRU by me so online is my only option.

Sounds like they're only out on the east coast at the moment. The TRU I called yesterday said they're not showing in any CA, NV, AZ, or UT stores.

Nice to hear about the even case packout, though, if true.

Edited by Lobsterman

Two TRUs visited in the NOLA area on Saturday. No sign of IM3 Minimates. One had just some of the X-Men 1st class 2-packs and remnants of Wave 15. The other had a ton of the SF/Tekken stuff and a few wave 15.

Here is a pic comparing the LCS gold to the TRU yellow:

ims_zps435e96d0.jpg

No big deal but I'm just very very interested as to why these are different....are these moulded out of two different plastics or are they just painted differently ? it'll be weeks before I see mine so any info would be obliged .

Sounds like they're only out on the east coast at the moment. The TRU I called yesterday said they're not showing in any CA, NV, AZ, or UT stores.

Nice to hear about the even case packout, though, if true.

yep checked on Friday (the day the truck comes in) and today still nothing here in AZ :(

UPC numbers:

Mark 42 & Mandarin 699788811726

Iron Patriot & Extremis Soldier 699788811733

Heartbreaker & Tony Stark 699788811740

Silver Centurion & Skeleton Armor 699788811757

The info on the case breakdown is legit unless this case was an aberration. There were 12 on the peg and 3 of all the exclusives.

Edited by minimadman

"Evenly packed 3-3-3-3 LCS & TRU waves is the way I would have gone .....let each pack sink or swim on its own merits , "

I just returned from the comic book store. I think the order is 4-4-2-2 the diamond exclusives being short packed. So if you had hopes of raising a war machine army better get their early.

So the LCS wave has 2 short packs ? The plot thickens.....or maybe I've just lost the plot ? huh.png

Well, it was either that, or keep it 4-4-3-1 and make one of the exclusive sets a rare (maybe Tony/Killian), or even-pack the cases 3-3-3-3, which probably would have guaranteed a lot of civilian peg-warmers (WM being an honorary civilian thanks to his failure to appear in the film). I think this was the best solution, given the lack of a traditional army builder/variant. I don't foresee a War Machine shortage, since past movie exclusives have lingered at both TRU and specialty.

Evenly packed 3-3-3-3 LCS & TRU waves is the way I would have gone .....let each pack sink or swim on its own merits ,

thumbsup.gif

So there is just one Minimate factory.One minimate factory where one half of the factory produces a Mk42 in shiny gold & the other half produces them in mustard yellow .

Whatever no.gif

I would buy tickets to visit this factory....

You don't need to buy one if you find the Golden Ticket! (Or the Mustard Yellow Ticket. Depends on which half of the factory you gain access to.)

i would love to visit the minimate factory in china. it's in guandong,right?

by the way, im not sure if it would get the manufacturers in trouble, but here in asia we get loose minimates. some rejects, some in "okay" condition. and they sell it here for like $1 per figure. they're great for customizing.

are you guys getting them in the US and in europe as well? just curious.

It's actually very difficult to get inside the factories there. My dad lives not far from Guandong, and you would basically have to fake an interest injection molding to be granted a look around a factory there. While i can't speak specifically for the company making DST's product, I am reasonable sure they wont do a 'minimates tour' as such.

Where are you finding your custom fodder from? I'd be more than happy to pick up a few basic bodies for $1 a piece.

Nice - i had a look at a lot of the toy stores around Zhongshan, but didn't find much in the way of minimates while i was there. A few super-hero squad figures and heaps of stuff like transformers and gundam... but alas, no minimates :(

Our PM is actually Julia Gillard 28124251x42v.jpg

I've got a feeling you're reffering to our former PM, Kevin Rudd: avatar_56859_1349677040.png.

Kevin was bumped for Julia a few years back now - but you're right about Kevin: his Mandarin is freaking amazing.

My father lives & works in China - so i have visited him there a couple of times. There isnt' a lot of racial tension where my dad lives as there aren't really many other races there. Although - i don't speak the language, so i have no idea what is being said about me while i'm there tongue.png

I think there is far more of a problem for Chinese folks who move to Australia. Despite being such a young, modern nation, Australia can be upsettingly closed minded and racist at times sad.png

Back on topic.... has anyone noticed any differences between any of the other shared minimates? (Iron Patriot, Extremis Soldier & Mandarin).

Edited by Nessex