UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, I'm curious: what's the thinking behind doing sculpted upper arm pieces on these, and from a broader perspective, sculpted "core" pieces (base body parts rather than add-ons) on almost all of the movie Iron Man figures you've done? Is it purely a design aesthetic thing, like you have the budget to do some extra sculpting, and it's a little more streamlined than arm or leg caps? Or is it a marketing decision, aimed at making the movie figures specifically look more like action figures than block figures?

So there is just one Minimate factory.One minimate factory where one half of the factory produces a Mk42 in shiny gold & the other half produces them in mustard yellow .

Whatever no.gif

I would buy tickets to visit this factory....

Zach, I'm curious: what's the thinking behind doing sculpted upper arm pieces on these, and from a broader perspective, sculpted "core" pieces (base body parts rather than add-ons) on almost all of the movie Iron Man figures you've done? Is it purely a design aesthetic thing, like you have the budget to do some extra sculpting, and it's a little more streamlined than arm or leg caps? Or is it a marketing decision, aimed at making the movie figures specifically look more like action figures than block figures?

I really don't know. We don't sculpt the same amount on comic Iron Men? I'd have to sit down and take a look. I'll ask Robert if there's an easy answer, but if I don;t come back with something, ask Chuck at SDCC (or Ask DST) or Robert at NYCC.

Would anyone be willin' to help me out gettin' the War Machine/Maya 2-pack ?? Kinda at a disadvantage cuz nearest LCS is over 100 miles.

If no one can help you, and you just want to pay retail plus shipping, I'm sure Luke's Toy Store can help you out. I hear he ships loose!

So there is just one Minimate factory.One minimate factory where one half of the factory produces a Mk42 in shiny gold & the other half produces them in mustard yellow .

Whatever no.gif

I would buy tickets to visit this factory....

You don't need to buy one if you find the Golden Ticket! (Or the Mustard Yellow Ticket. Depends on which half of the factory you gain access to.)

according to DST on facebook the TRU mates wont hit til June. :-\

In reply to me whining about pointless visits to TRU:
"I haven't even showed packaging shots yet. When I show them, that's when
they're a few weeks away. TRU will also list an early case on the
Website in advance of the main shipment. I wouldn't look before then.
"

and then in reply to some other guy:

"Packaging shots just arrived, so it should be out in June, possibly before Series 51."

Edited by hugo_ghost

Website in advance of the main shipment. I wouldn't look before then."

"Packaging shots just arrived, so it should be out in June, possibly before Series 51."

That was about Wave 16, not the IM3 TRU wave of Minimates

Website in advance of the main shipment. I wouldn't look before then."

That was about Wave 16, not the IM3 TRU wave of Minimates

ahah damn you are totally right.

sorry, after a while all IronMen start to look the same. even better then! :D

i went to toysrus.com and searched for the iron man minimates... they have the items up (no pictures) which is how luke got his.

They are sold out but I opted to get emailed when they're back in stock. that way I'm one of the first to know.

If it doesn't work then oh well... but just an idea if anyone else wants to do it too.