UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

Zach, not sure if you can share, but was War Machine MK2 presented as an important armor in the treatment you read?

I didn't get to read the treatment but as a licensee I can tell you that War Machine was featured very prominently in the style guide assets. As far as we were concerned, the major armors were the Mark 42, War Machine, and its "rebranded" incarnation Iron Patriot. Other armors weren't pushed until later in product development, possibly because they hadn't been fully designed yet.

There's also a rumor of over an hour of footage cut from the movie. Some of that may feature War Machine. The home video should be interesting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The script I read didn't FEATURE WM per se, but he was shown. We knew he wasn't a main armor (hence his distribution), he's just a recognizable Iron Man armor, which works for hats and shirts and stuff that come out before anyone has seen the movie. (And he's a gimme for toy companies, because he's an easy variant.)

I love this. But shouldn't the black sports bra only be a half torso block?

Thanks, but I wasn't going for a sports bra? huh.png

I went tank top so it could be placed on the same torso block as the male soldier, and if the skin didn't match up perfectly, it wouldn't be that noticeable since there's not much showing.

458345.gif

Waiting on my order from Luke!

Will probably be swinging by my local TRus at least twice a week after you guys find them in the wild. Seems like it takes longer for them to pop up on Canadian pegs. :(

Is anyone else having trouble with the Mark 42's arms? Thanks to the sculpted pieces, the range of motion is so limited that when I try to move the arms up or back, they pop right off. I'm actually having difficulty keeping the left arm on at all after trying it out. sad.png

I've opened every other figure in the series and they're all perfect... with the exception of the title character. The helmet isn't too tight, the legs are fine, and the tampos are spot on but those arms keep getting popped off whenever they're raised past where the chest armor flares out on the sides.

I made a face & torso decal for a female version. Not sure how closely the skintone matches, but that's the intention, so you can use the same arms.

extremis-decal_zpsa9c92567.jpg

extremis-torsodecal_zps70a2da6d.jpg

How exactly does on use these tampos? I have seen so many awesome ones, but cannot figure out how to print them properly - the size is usually off.

Just got to see the movie today..and I must say, I'm extra excited for the shot at more minimates from this movie. I'm wondering if the Pepper that Zach mentioned will be part of the extended box set OR possibly an extra wave? Also, so I can be fully equipped to discuss things that aren't common knowledge, can someone teach my poor self how to us spoiler tags? sweat.gif I just...I just don't want to be THAT guy..I can't take the shame.

Also, so I can be fully equipped to discuss things that aren't common knowledge, can someone teach my poor self how to us spoiler tags? sweat.gif I just...I just don't want to be THAT guy..I can't take the shame.

I added a space after the first [ and before the last ] in the example below!

[ spoiler] put spoiler text here [/spoiler ]

Take out those spaces and you get

put spoiler text here

Hope this helps Josh?

T.

I'd be happy with a Mark 42 that could raise his arms. sad.png

I'm thinking about getting another to see if I can modify it and get it to work. The Mustard 42 armor might be the guinea pig.

So we're getting Pepper in the mystery extended boxed set?

That just screams "final battle" with a few new armors.

[fingers crossed]