UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now yur gettin' it, Zachy, now yur gettin' it! :highfive2: Release that inner fanboy!

And despite having appeared as a henchman in the Gawd Awful first season of the 90's IM cartoon, 616 Whirlwind is really more Hank and Jan's enemy than Tony's. BUT, if it gets the former Human Top a minimate, I'll over look the "error".

Zach, i know it may be too early to tell, but can i ask how much reference material you guys got this time around? i remember the reason we didnt see a Whiplash (final armor) was due to not having pics before the release? do you predict something like this again, or more of a redacted situation :)

Zach, i know it may be too early to tell, but can i ask how much reference material you guys got this time around? i remember the reason we didnt see a Whiplash (final armor) was due to not having pics before the release? do you predict something like this again, or more of a redacted situation :)

Happy birthday! So are you asking whether the studio will insert an entire new suit of armor into the movie at the last minute, vs. just showing what's under a piece of armor? :thumbsup:

At this point, I have no idea. I'm sure it will be months before we find out if anything has been changed. As it is, we've had to adjust the line plan to accommodate when we got reference and how much tooling was involved. But we got concept art fairly early for most of them -- it's more about whether that concept art is used. I think someone once mentioned that the HYDRA troopers looked different as Minimates than in the movie, or some of the designs weren't used or something. Probably more like that situation.

That's kind of like tying a juicy steak to a dog's tail, Zach.

I think it's more like leaving a juicy steak on the table, then getting into the cage with the dogs to show them that you're a dog, too, even though you know where they keep the steak, and could TOTALLY give everybody steak.

Just kidding. I'm an Iron Man fan, but I have no power to get any of this stuff made. I had one shot to get Hydro Armor or IM 2020 made, and I messed it up. Should have stacked that deck in IM's favor. I could have put one IM up against werewolf versions of everybody else, and maybe IM would have squeaked it out.

Hey, what would Hulk look like as a werewolf? Or a Wendigo? Why has Marvel not done that?

I'm an Iron Man fan, but I have no power to get any of this stuff made. I had one shot to get Hydro Armor or IM 2020 made, and I messed it up. Should have stacked that deck in IM's favor. I could have put one IM up against werewolf versions of everybody else, and maybe IM would have squeaked it out.

See, you got greedy. Tried to sneak two Iron Men through, and they cancelled each other out. It's what you get for denying us the chance to vote for Frog Thor.:verymad:

I think Iron Man probably has the most underrated rogues gallery in comics. They're not necessarily the greatest group of villains, but man, are there some cool designs. Living Laser is one of my most wanted 'mates, and there's several other Iron Man bad guys I'd love to see. Fun fact: did you know that Moondragon got her start as an Iron Man villainess named (I swear) Madame MacEvil?

I'm an Iron Man fan, but I have no power to get any of this stuff made. I had one shot to get Hydro Armor or IM 2020 made, and I messed it up. Should have stacked that deck in IM's favor. I could have put one IM up against werewolf versions of everybody else, and maybe IM would have squeaked it out.

See, you got greedy. Tried to sneak two Iron Men through, and they cancelled each other out. It's what you get for denying us the chance to vote for Frog Thor.:verymad:

I think Iron Man probably has the most underrated rogues gallery in comics. They're not necessarily the greatest group of villains, but man, are there some cool designs. Living Laser is one of my most wanted 'mates, and there's several other Iron Man bad guys I'd love to see. Fun fact: did you know that Moondragon got her start as an Iron Man villainess named (I swear) Madame MacEvil?

YUP!

Even as a kid, when I read Iron Man #54 I thought it was silly. I was lookin' forward to a Sub-Mariner vs Iron Man tussle, as the cover promised... and got this nutty named lady!

As I recall, when I'd eat something that tasted bad from McDonald's I'd blame it on her. :D

Hey, what would Hulk look like as a werewolf? Or a Wendigo? Why has Marvel not done that?

Like a green Chewbacca on steroids, probably. Which could be kinda cool...

You mean like...

1000px-Hulk_Vol_2_9_page_11_Robert_Bruce_Banner_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

And done by Art Adams to boot.

Unfortunately the story itself is a mashed up mess that completely ignores the traditional rules of the Wendigo curse, in favor of something more akin to the modern movie werewolf- a scratch or bite equals instant infection and transformation. And it was set in Vegas... a long, long way from the North Woods on Canada. But since it was in Vegas, we got to see Ol' Joe Fixit by Art. Fun story though.

And I know your "powers" are limited as far s getting things made, Zach. And by limited, we mean unlike us who can send in suggestions and hope when Chuck comes across them they find fertile ground, you could make them face to face at the coffee machine in the break room. It's just always fun when you join as a fan.

Points for remembering Heather's dubious original alias HP.

Not to be too on topic, but I'd actually like a civilian Stark with the arc reactor showing through his shirt as he appears in a number of scenes from the trailer (and Avengers). Maybe throw in an armor glove and boot like the concept art, or a pile of armor pieces and rope like the last scene in the trailer. Of course I'd also be up for a Black Sabbath t-shirt version, or something similar, if that look shows up in the new movie.

Actually, that's the most on topic thing anyone's said this page.

T-shirt Tony would indeed rock. Much preffer that to another business suited Tony.

Kinda hoping for Ten Rings terrorists as the in wave army builder, with either an AIM or SHIELD army dump.

We've already seen a couple of minimates of Tony with his Arc-Reactor shining through his shirt.

fig0964flg.jpgfig0712flg.jpg

(Hail Ivan)

Tony's had 7 different non-armoured looks made into minimates so far. I'd just as soon scrap civilian tony in favour of another villain or supporting character.

Supporting characters would be great, but given the number major characters that appear to be in the movie I think it's far more likely we'll see another Stark instead of, say, Maya Hansen.

Here are the looks I was specifically referring to, which might be the exact same costume:

IM3Glove.jpg

I3Snow.jpg

Tony's had 7 different non-armoured looks made into minimates so far. I'd just as soon scrap civilian tony in favour of another villain or supporting character.

While I echo the sentiment, RDJ's Stark is as much the star of those movies as the armors. They've made 7 already, I'll wager they will likely make at least one more. And given a choice, I'll take one in a black t-shirt. >shrug<

my guess is between the normal wave, the TRU wave and any boxsets or army builder dumps, we will see Tony in at least 2 non-armored gear, all of the armors shown in the movie, plus a battle damaged version of atleast one

my guess is between the normal wave, the TRU wave and any boxsets or army builder dumps, we will see Tony in at least 2 non-armored gear, all of the armors shown in the movie, plus a battle damaged version of atleast one

Aaaaaaaand you just killed any enthusiasm I might have for these.:lol:

I think the company has done a pretty good job getting secondary characters and villains into the Marvel movie waves (Cap and Thor, especially), and this series is no different. Tony Stark, armors, villains, secondary characters... it's all in there. Working on a cool exclusive set, too.