UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

No worries, man, I just hope you guys are happy with the armors we made. Marvel.com should post them tomorrow!

Not sure when we'll be unveiling the box set, by the way. Might be post-movie release. So don't worry about it for a little while.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust anthing anyone says on April 1st

Then don't go near Ivan's Database today !

Warned you nono.gif

I kicked the questions asses!! Too easy

I'm a massive massive nerd sad.png

Man, I missed it!

Glad I wasn't the only one that fell victim to that trickery. One of the more subtle April Fools internet pranks.

No worries, man, I just hope you guys are happy with the armors we made. Marvel.com should post them tomorrow!

Not sure when we'll be unveiling the box set, by the way. Might be post-movie release. So don't worry about it for a little while.

Nice, will be spamming refresh on my twitter feed

:)

It's up! The new armors are:

detail.jpg

Mark 17 "Heartbreaker"

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/2/30/515aefddb60fe/detail.jpg

Mark 33 "Silver Centurian"

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/b/90/515af0b3d0bf5/detail.jpg

Mark 41 "Skeleton Suit"

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/30/515af07609dea/detail.jpg

The Heartbreaker was one of my favorites, I'm glad to see it! The other two look great as well.

Edited by Zylek

It's up! The new armors are:

detail.jpg

Mark 17 "Heartbreaker"

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/2/30/515aefddb60fe/detail.jpg

Mark 33 "Silver Centurian"

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/b/90/515af0b3d0bf5/detail.jpg

Mark 41 "Skeleton Suit"

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/30/515af07609dea/detail.jpg

The Heartbreaker was one of my favorites, I'm glad to see it! The other two look great as well.

Nice!!! I like the parts reuse on the skeleton suit from the Mark V.

Was reallllly hoping for Igor though. Oh well. I won't complain, I honestly wasn't expecting 3 out of 3 to be armors.

Edited by kaipo

wowza I REALLY like those! Im happy to get ANY Armors so I wont complain that we arnt seeing them all, but Zach, do you know if this line has a chance at a second tru wave like with Ironman 2? or future boxsets?

Heartbreaker!!! WOO!!! Great armor choices, guys. I almost hate that the Skeletal Suit has become a thing because i almost want to back and buy that Hasbro figure that's been sitting on TRU pegs for months now. Loving all three of these. Oh, and for those playing along at home, we now have more than a 1/10th of the armory. whistling.gif

TRU has a great selection for the packs in their assortment. All of them either have an IM armor or Iron Patriot. I hope I don't have trouble tracking down the TRU exclusives though because they are must haves.

Unfortunately, I think Zach is being honest about the lack of new armors.

I think he realized that when he teased an "Iron Man 3 extended boxset", we somehow jumped to conclusions that it will be all the new armors from the film that aren't in the LCS or TRU waves.

I think what it will be is this, essentially a reissue of the Marks I - VII with a display piece and a Stark variant:

Iron-Man-3-Production-Image-Tony-Stark-H

This seems like the most plausible theory at the moment for the boxset. Zach said don't expect to see even 1/10 of the 35 new armors. Simple math means that's 3.5 armors, so at most that would be 3. Which is how many were revealed today. Another possibility I'm thinking is they continue the trend of the previous 2 iron man movie boxsets, with 2 battle damaged versions of previously released/main wave armors and 2 civilians or supporting characters.

@Undeadpool, not sure if a second tru wave is in the works, it was never mentioned. And they didn't do that for cap, Thor, avengers, or amazing Spiderman. So i don't think its super likely.. but the boxset is confirmed.

This is all just speculation for fun. I am totally stoked for all the IM3 mates so far

:)

wowza I REALLY like those! Im happy to get ANY Armors so I wont complain that we arnt seeing them all, but Zach, do you know if this line has a chance at a second tru wave like with Ironman 2? or future boxsets?

With Wolverine and Thor still to get to, we're capping IM3 at one assortment. Don't want to clog the shelves.

But a box set will hit after the movie, I'll keep you posted.

Funny - i always kinda took the Mark V to be the movie-verses 'Silver Centurion' armour. Still - this guy looks good too.

I might be in the minority, but i'm most excited for the Skeleton Armour. Although - Mark V was my fave from the last movie assortment, so perhaps it's to be expected. Despite being a bit of a parts re-use figure, the new colour scheme really makes him pop.

Funny - i always kinda took the Mark V to be the movie-verses 'Silver Centurion' armour. Still - this guy looks good too.

I might be in the minority, but i'm most excited for the Skeleton Armour. Although - Mark V was my fave from the last movie assortment, so perhaps it's to be expected. Despite being a bit of a parts re-use figure, the new colour scheme really makes him pop.

Ditto on both accounts.

Ditto on both accounts.

I ditto that ditto.

All 3 are FANTASTIC!!! Even though my wish was for Igor and Gemini.. I honestly love just about every armor that has been shown in the trailer.. so I am just happy we are getting so many armors.. After this I will have to make a movie hall of armor and a comic hall of armor.

I would have loved to see the white deep-space armor instead of the skeleton armor; I'm surprised that one didn't make the cut given how high-visibility it's been in the pre-movie buzz and other toylines. All in all, though, these look great, and I'm happy to be getting three new armors.