UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

I've done my best to not spoil anything but, with respect, the storyline is based on the 6 part 'Extremis' Iron Man mini-series which is seven or eight years old . I'm not saying that the movie will be exactly the same.....of course it won't ....but if you start researching the characters now you will regret it .

Just saying....... but if you insist ...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremis_(comics)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mystery "extended" set may be all kinds of awesome or it might suck.

If it's all new armors, that's cool with me. I'll buy it.

If it's all old armors, that's cool, too. New collectors can catch up and my wallet can take a breather.

But if it's a mix... dry.png

TM2, I don't think the scenes with Cowboy Tony will be cut since their pretty important to the story. As to Killian, I'd say he's probably more of a main character in this movie than the Mandarin is. I think I can say all of that without needing spoiler tags...

As to who Maya and Killian are...

Maya is a botanist who had a small fling with Tony in the last and resurfaces now, whereas Killian is the head of AIM who is trying to get Stark Industries to back their tech. Both are involved with the Extremis program.

As to Extremis being like the comic, it's just as much different in the movie as Mandarin is from the comics. Same name, completely different concepts and ideas. In fact, I can't really think of anything in the movie that I know of that's like it is in the comics. If you read a comic with some of these characters or names in it, it won't be that way in the movie.

Edited by groundhog7s

Geez Dino, did you forget your meds? Seems like you're uber-negative lately. Zach revealed a long time ago that there wouldn't be traditional "army-building" with this wave, but that the Extremis Soldier is shared with the TRU wave that is yet to be revealed.

I like the packaging, but what's up with the prominent "Avengers Initiative" branding? Hmmm...

The "Avengers Initiative" Branding has been there for a long time on the other toys, specifically Hasbro 3 3/4" figures. IIRC it started around IM2, and was there on Cap & Thor. Who knows, maybe one day it will help clear the Hasbro Thor figures from the shelves? At $10 each ($11.99 in LA TRU's!) for those, no thanks!

But expect to see every Marvel Movie property tied together in some way or another when it comes to toys from now on. I'll be curious to see how much they order on Thor 2 Hasbro stuff. All I'm getting are minimates! Those sold through, so TRU should order larger assortments :)

Sorry Dino, I'm buying a few of those "boring" civilian 2-packs for customs. I'm glad DST packed them that way because I don't need tons of extra armors! That Cowboy Tony / Killian 2-pack has been my favorite of this whole line so far (and not just from a customizing perspective). Weird, I know.

Ha, thank you. Now I'm all full of nerves. I believe I'll wait until after the movie with that kind of response. At least Aldrich has a wonderful tie. The avengers stamp unsettles me for some reason.

Aldrich is all kinds of WIN for spare parts! Tony's not too shabby, either!

Yeah..that's a great way to look at it, Monkeycrumb. Every minimate in all of our collections are going to be ready at any given time to head out in a suit and tie.

Steppin' Out Spider-Man!

Or just use paint for a relatively-QC Clark Kent.

Edited by monkeycrumb

And yet you did not fix it.

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/03/iron-man-3-minimates-get-suited-up-in-high-tech-packaging/

Package shots up. Um... 8 figures? Zach, what's up with 8 figures? Where's the variant and the double army builder? Seriously. I have some major concerns about that "Cowboy Tony and Achilles Heel" two pack. Two very boring and unknown civie mates? And if their scene gets trimmed at all (Like IM2 NYCC Natasha and Tony did) then that will be a serious peg warmer. Maybe not the best idea.

The Mark 42 looks so much better than the footage we've seen though. Nice shiney gold instead of that ocher puke yellow.

Glad you like the metallics. Maya Hansen and Aldrich Killian will not be getting trimmed from the movie; I can't see how, they're pretty crucial characters. They're also pretty well-known to Iron Man comic readers, and we have a proud tradition of putting civilian characters at specialty, although admittedly that's usually with an army builder. We'll see how this army-builder scenario works out, with the Extremis Soldier heavy-packed at specialty AND TRU. Hopefully, the lack of a traditional army builder won't hurt sell-through of the civvies, although I believe we're making both of those sets short packs, so it's 4-4-2-2, like at TRU.

Zach, whats the extra helmet in with mark42

Pretty sure Zylek is right. Note the pronounced mouth, this is the removable faceplate helmet.

This mystery "extended" set may be all kinds of awesome or it might suck.

If it's all new armors, that's cool with me. I'll buy it.

If it's all old armors, that's cool, too. New collectors can catch up and my wallet can take a breather.

But if it's a mix... dry.png

You'll be cool with it.

He is his own figure, in one of the TRU exclusive packs.

From article:

The first, Tony Stark, will be one of four Toys “R” Us-exclusive figures, and will come packaged with a mystery figure to be revealed later. He is shown wearing parts of the Mark 42 armor, which can be summoned and controlled via mental link in the film, as seen in the trailer. The boots and gauntlets will be removable, and Tony will also come with regular hands and shoes.

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/03/two-new-iron-man-3-minimates-revealed/

Edited by Zylek

I really like the extremis solider. I can't wait to see who he is packaged with at TRU. Zach, I know we're all beggin' and askin' and preppin' our pitchforks for our mobs in this forum...but could we possibly get a number on how many mates are in the boxset? Or is that pushing it? I'm aware of the large amount of speculation on this boxset..but honestly, I cannot say I have any idea what the boxset will hold aside from -possibly- armor.

Isn't that the TRU fig packed with the soldier?

That article says the extremis soldier is packed with Iron Patriot and will be at both lcs and tru:

The second is an Extremis Soldier, who comes packaged with Iron Patriot and will be available at comic shops and specialty stores as well as at Toys “R” Us. These super-strong operatives are shown receiving the Extremis treatment in the trailer, and the Minimate will come with a removable vest, a pistol, and interchangeable hair pieces to create different looks.

IronPatriotExtremisSoldier.jpg

Edited by Zylek

so...im trying to understand the use of extremis soldiers...is this so they can all be controlled from a central point? or does each soldier have the ability to communicate with machines? and if the second one is true, why dont they have some sort of high tech weaponry?