UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

I'm guessing, or rather hoping, that TRU Tony is the Tony we're seeing everywhere, with the techy black-and-grey t-shirt and headset. Love that look, it'll replace Stark Expo Tony as my go-to figure if that's the case.

Oh, all right.

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/03/two-new-iron-man-3-minimates-revealed/

Zach Oat: Minimate Man of the Year. Thanks man, awesome to see more reveals.. I love the "Gamer Tony".

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Zach, IM3 Pepper can be kitbashed pretty easily with IM2 Pepper head/hair and the rest from BattleStar Galactica Number Three D'Anna.

So...then there are still 3 unknown/embargoed minimates from the TRU packs?

Gamer tony for the win. My new favorite over gauntlet tony for sure.

But maybe "Google Glass" Tony fits better ;)

Oh yes..thumbsup.gif How close to the movie release will we see the "extended boxset"?

Here's hoping it's not like the Superbowl "Extended Look"....

Edited by kaipo

Thanks for the info Zach, IM3 Pepper can be kitbashed pretty easily with IM2 Pepper head/hair and the rest from BattleStar Galactica Number Three D'Anna.

So...then there are still 3 unknown/embargoed minimates from the TRU packs?

Yes. April 24th for those, sadly. And I didn't say we weren't making Pepper, only that she wasn't embargoed.

Pepper = not embargoed

Rescue = embargoed

Rescue Minimate = Pepper => embargoed

Maybe my math is off.... :)

I'm sure that Lego's sets all accurately reflect what happens in the movie, just like their animated commercials accurately reflect their figures' true range of movement. rolleyes.gif

We are not making a figure of Pepper in any kind of armor, but if we make a Pepper, you are welcome to put her in Tony's armor.

I'm sure that Lego's sets all accurately reflect what happens in the movie, just like their animated commercials accurately reflect their figures' true range of movement. rolleyes.gif

We are not making a figure of Pepper in any kind of armor, but if we make a Pepper, you are welcome to put her in Tony's armor.

Yes but can we put Tony in what Pepper's wearing?

Aw dang.

Mater-and-mcqueen.png

lol so that explains why I keep breaking my minifigs when trying to match the animated poses smile.png minimates > minifigs

Thanks for straightening out my wild and crazy Lego based theories, now I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

lol so that explains why I keep breaking my minifigs when trying to match the animated poses smile.png minimates > minifigs

Thanks for straightening out my wild and crazy Lego based theories, now I'll have to go back to the drawing board.

I wish I could tell you guys what was and wasn't in the script I read, but I don't know how final it was. Also, I would be fired.

Yes but can we put Tony in what Pepper's wearing?

Always.

Edited by Zach Oat

Whoa, whoa, whoa...do you mean to tell me that Captain America never rides a motorcycle in The Avengers?

lego-avengers-captain-america-box.jpg

I feel so betrayed, Lego... unsure.png

I just stumbled across a copy of the junior novelization of IM3 today. I think I'll read it tonight over the next month to see if there's any mention of Mandarin driving a big vehicle made out of Legos.

Fixed for accuracy's sake. happy.png

I just stumbled across a copy of the junior novelization of IM3 today. I think I'll read it tonight to see if there's any mention of Mandarin driving a big vehicle made out of Legos.

A mandarin car? That is just taking the pith attachicon.gif5397737496_a389705639.jpg

Oh Rob... Some times your puns are timed Juiced perfectly, but mostly I think they Segment the community. Personally I don't see the a-Peel

T.

Always planting seeds in the forums and starting these crazy puns! Could it be possible that the extended boxset is just a gathering of fruit-based vehicles? Or does that sound like a load of pulp? April is going to pass by so slowly. I'd rather come down with scurvy than have to wait on this minimate newspirate.gif

I just stumbled across a copy of the junior novelization of IM3 today. I think I'll read it tonight over the next month to see if there's any mention of Mandarin driving a big vehicle made out of Legos.

Fixed for accuracy's sake. happy.png
Okay, it actually took me three nights (though technically it was my wife reading it to me while I looked at the pictures). Man, I wish I could openly talk about this all. I'm pretty sure from what Ive read in other novelizations and from what I've already seen that the book is probably pretty accurate and if that's the case then no, the Mandarin doesn't drive a big vehicle made out of Legos any time in the movie. The only other thing I'll say is that I can see a lot of Marvel purist being completely disappointed in the Mandarin. There's a lot of high expectations out there for things that people hope or assume will happen in the film that just aren't there.

I will say that if the book's right, I hope we do get a Cookie Monster Minimate out of this.

I would go so far as to say that he's Mandarin in name only. They could have called him Galactus and it would have worked the same. And even more odd,

I don't think Mandarin and Tony are ever even in the same place at the same time throughout the whole movie. There is no 'ultimate showdown' between them. Once again, Lego lied.