UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

thanks for the update Zach :D and i agree, the whiplash thing was an unfortunate happening but the rest of the mates were superb, and every important character got a mate :)

Except Heimdall, and those two cancelled Warriors Three members

But I've got a feeling DST will correct that next November :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the update Zach :D and i agree, the whiplash thing was an unfortunate happening but the rest of the mates were superb, and every important character got a mate :)

Except Heimdall, and those two cancelled Warriors Three members

But I've got a feeling DST will correct that next November :thumbsup:

i was mainly talking about Ironman 2

Being greedy little buggers, there were always supporting characters we would have liked to have seen included. (Sawyer and Zola from Cap, for instance) Udp was right though, IM2 was the most complete line they've done to date, missing only what was unknown to every licensee at the time. Glad to hear IM3 will continues the pattern.

So, with Zach's exclusive mention, we have 10 slots to fill, plus an army builder and an extra 2 or 4 mates; my guess is 4 if AFX picks up an exclusive as with IM and IM2. So, here are my guesses/hopes:

Comic/TRU shared - IM mkVIII/Mandarin

Comic/TRU shared - Extremis Armor/Killian

Comic Exclusive - Maya/AIM Goon

Comic Exclusive Variant - Sal/AIM Goon

TRU Exclusive - Pepper as Rescue/Armored Mandarin

TRU Exclusive - Iron Patriot War Machine/Firepower

AFX 4-pack - Chen Lu/Tony/BD Extermis/BD Mandarin

This should cover all the main announced characters. It would be awesome if the movie waves started to follow comic waves wrt no overlap, but I don't think that will happen. Although, it would compensate for the second wave of exclusives TRU got for IM2....

PS - I am still hoping we see Mark Ruffalo Banner and a movie Hulk Buster, but I can wait to 2015 ;)

I think the company has done a pretty good job getting secondary characters and villains into the Marvel movie waves (Cap and Thor, especially), and this series is no different.

"Pretty good job?" No, I'd argue DST has done an exemplary job of getting secondary characters out there.

I was a die-hard 3 3/4" figure collector up 'til very recently but ended up switching my focus to Minimates because I couldn't get figures of Tony Stark let alone Rhodey and Pepper and Coulson, et al from Hasbro.

I know there are dozens of armors you could be doing from IM3 (I've seen them) and while I'm sure Hasbro will be loading the pegs with them, I look forward to the variety of characters DST has come to offer.

PS - I am still hoping we see Mark Ruffalo Banner and a movie Hulk Buster, but I can wait to 2015 ;)

We may see Hulkbuster armor with or without Banner in the film. After all, Cap's shield showed up in the first two films. ;)

Also, I would love to see DST release an "Armor Dump" for this wave, a single case with 12 unique armors. :thumbsup:

And call it "The Cellar." (Which is also a fun homophone for "the seller!")

They'd be crazy not to redo Hulkbuster. Its not a chase variant, which is the only type of minimate DST has said will NOT get re-released, so why not? Its ok to initially misjudge demand and do another production run (as long as its not a chase variant). Its been done with other lines many times.

After thinking about it further, I don't think there is any way in the current market for us to get anywhere near the same number of mated for IM3 as we did for IM2. We totally lucked out with that:

LCS wave (7 unique characters)

TRU wave 1 (4 unique characters)

Army Dump (6 unique characters)

TRU wave 2 (2 unique characters)

Com 2-pack (2 unique characters)

AFx box set (4 unique characters)

Borders exclusive (2 unique characters)

27* unique characters for one movie. Were some pointless variants? Yes! But there were far more characters than any other Marvel movie wave. Now I am really hoping for an all unique TRU wave...

*I may be off by one or two :D

PL, to me this looks like concept art for the IM3 video game. (YMMV) So in that context, yeah that's a Hulk-buster update. Silver Centurion, Stealth, Deep Sea, Space, all done in movie style. Several Hasbro suits. But kinda like Skrulls from the Avengers game, I would not take concept art as proof a suit's making the movie. Zach could let us know if these concepts are included in their liscense, but I kinda doubt it.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see a new Hulk-buster in any style.

I kinda understand why those people who missed out on the original Hulk Buster would want another but the reality was that he wasn't that hard to get hold of in the first place .....not as hard to get hold of as a Falcon minimate or a Winter Soldier minimate. :whistling:

I'd love another HB but surely we'd all like a different one ?

I never saw a Hulkbuster in stores (and of all the stores in the area, only one ever got the wave period). I had to get mine from a friend in New York. They WERE "that hard" to get.

OK my comment was perhaps a little misleading & patronising,my apologies .

I,personally,never have the opportunity to be disappointed by shopping for minimates in a TRU store & for the record at the time of their release I couldn't order directly from TRU.com . I was therefore reliant on friendly help from guys here & ebay & contrary to what some might think I also refuse to pay crazy prices for anything 'Minimate'. I'm pretty confident that after the usual initial frenzy there was a glut of HB/Gamma Hulks from multiple sellers at around $12-$16 ....it's no secret that I bought a few but then I always buy a few of everything & rarely sell anything.

In comparison to many other TRU sets I didn't find them hard to get

Hulkbuster, Bullseye/Moonstone & Warpath/Angel were the hardest for me.

Never saw them in stores, never had more than the one opportunity that I took to get them, and those opportunities didn't come early, so I got a little worried that I'd miss them altogether.

They're why I have had such venom for TRU exclusives.

I think the math says distribution varies widely with geography.

Some specialty armors would be cool, but I'd be surprised if we see any in the movie. I am pretty curious about how many other versions of Iron Man will show up in the film though. I kind of hate to say it, but I wouldn't be against the idea of a redo of some of the previous armors (Mark III, IV, and VI specifically) with a shorter chest cap like the Avengers design. And of course anything else new.

• 2 weeks later...
A Diamond Select Release! Designed and Sculpted by Art Asylum! The third Iron Man movie is almost upon us, and the trailers are promising plenty of action and drama. Well, Diamond Select Toys is promising Minimates! The newest assortment of movie-based Minimates will include Iron Man Mark 47 with the Mandarin, Iron Patriot with Extremis Soldier and two specialty-exclusive sets, War Machine and Maya Hansen and Aldrich Killian with Cowboy Tony Stark. Each Minimate stands 2 inches tall with 14 points of articulation and a variety of removable and interchangeable parts and accessories. (NOTE: Asst contains twelve 2-packs. )

http://www.archonia.com/comicshop/en/article/146931/marvel+minimates+series+49+asst+iron+man+3/