UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did miss out on quite a few of these armors, mainly the ones from IM1. I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping we'd get a tweaked or updated Hulkbuster armor. But, since this is a movie set, I can understand why it was omitted. I am interested in this set..but will probably hold off for a little bit, just due to cost.

This mystery "extended" set may be all kinds of awesome or it might suck.

If it's all new armors, that's cool with me. I'll buy it.

If it's all old armors, that's cool, too. New collectors can catch up and my wallet can take a breather.

But if it's a mix... dry.png

You'll be cool with it.

This is exactly what I didn't want; one or two "new" figures packed with a bunch of older ones.

Had the packaging resembled the Hall of Armor (or The Cellar) a bit more, I think AFX and DST would have a home run on their hands as a convention exclusive. A little diorama goes a long way, even to drive repeat business.

This is the perfect set for my friend who loves Iron Man and just got into collecting this plastic crack. But at $55, it's hard for this veteran to justify getting two 'mates and what amounts to a handful of custom fodder. The completist in me is saying "Go for it!" while my wallet's saying "Wait for a sale." (Stupid wallet.)

I hope it does well and brings in more business for AFX and DST but I don't see it having as much potential in the specialty market. It's a great item for mass market consumers looking to catch up, either at TRU or Amazon.

Had the packaging resembled the Hall of Armor (or The Cellar) a bit more, I think AFX and DST would have a home run on their hands as a convention exclusive. A little diorama goes a long way, even to drive repeat business.

Have we seen the packaging? I didn't see it on AFX.

Edited by Valo487

so are the armors just re-releases? I was hoping to see them re-done the same way the 2 most recent movies handled them, with the top chest pieces and the removable feet and such :/

Zach, I'm curious: I'm sure you guys must have thought about the idea of designing up the box to look like a Hall of Armor. Is there some kind of license issue that limits you to only showing a certain percentage of the figure in package? Like, these are "adult collectables", not "toys," so they can't be shown in a full display box without paying a higher license fee, or tariffs, or some other wacky business thing? Back in the "blind box" days before the window packaging came back, I seem to recall the license being cited as a reason the line moved away from the full-view bubble packs.

Or, were you just thinking "this is a dumb cardboard box and people are going to throw it away, so who cares?"

Edited by Lobsterman

Of the rehashes, I don't have the Mk VII and that gold version of Mk 42. Plus I like the Mk I and II and V. But this is still a little hard to swallow. I'm on the fence. Definitely a good casual crowd box set, though. And I love that the TRU style cardboard box returned! Ah, memories of my 2nd minimate set.

Edited by storm 1:08

Not surprising in the least, so i can't be too underwhelmed. That said, i REALLY thought Final Battle Killian would be a lock for this. I would have substituted another Mk 42 with him just because the Mk 42 has been so readily available elsewhere, but that's my only complaint. The rest makes absolute 100% sense.

This would be SO much more bearable in a 4-pack!

Having to buy 8 rereleases just for Tony & Pepper is insulting for $55. There. I said it.

It's a great way for new fans to come on board and get their armors. But for the long-time collectors, this is a sharp stick in the eye!

250px-malibu_stacy.jpg

Not surprising in the least, so i can't be too underwhelmed. That said, i REALLY thought Final Battle Killian would be a lock for this. I would have substituted another Mk 42 with him just because the Mk 42 has been so readily available elsewhere, but that's my only complaint. The rest makes absolute 100% sense.

If they were doing a generic IM3 4-pack, it probably would have made sense - but this one is called the 'Hall of Armours' set. It really is focusing just on Tony's collection of Suits. Pepper is just gravy.

You know what I'd like to have seen? A rerelease of the movie stealth armor. It's the most elusive and coolest from the movie versions. I'd have sacrificed tony for this for sure. Though the box set is about him and his armors so it's pepper that would have been cut. I'll probably buy the box set since I have none of these armors and I'd like to expand my hall of armors.

Edited by Kostisfire

So is this it for Iron Man 3?

With all those armors it seems pretty anti-climactic. I understand that most armor designs weren't released to licensees until a few weeks before the premiere but I guess I just have trouble with DST's policy of not revisiting movie properties, particularly ones that remain as incomplete as this one feels.

Unlike other films, these Iron Man movies seem to be evergreen properties. Just seems like a lot of opportunity left here. I mean, a year from now, I'd still be interested in a 4-pack of new movie armors or even an entire "Trilogy" series that included Whiplash's battlesuit.