UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

My apologies, BHM, I had no idea they were even-packing the TRU assortment, although I certainly agree with it. I doubt these TRU exclusives will linger like others have, being a pair of Iron Man sets.

Absolutely no apology necessary Zach , I am delighted however to see that the TRU assortment will be evenly-packed for one particular reason.

The TRU IM wave looks to be one of the strongest movie waves I've ever seen & it will be fascinating to see which sets become the most desirable in what will be a free market . 'Free market' might be a bit OTT but I guess you'll know what I mean ?!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen these in Illinois?

THAT is a good question.

i'm in the lombard/downers area, force2099. maybe we can help each other out.

i called the TRU 800 # with the item number yesterday. no stores in the area had any stock.

i'll let you know if i find any. please do the same!

THAT is a good question.

i called the TRU 800 # with the item number yesterday. no stores in the area had any stock.

I work in Elmhurst, live near Aurora.

I just hope they linger long enough for me to find them (and stock up on more Extremis soldiers).

THAT is a good question.

Will do....My minimate senses tell me that they will hit this Friday or next Friday.......I hope.

Just found these during my lunch break! The first new Minimates found at my local TRU since Battle Beasts, it was a looooong dry spell! tongue.png

I can also confirm that the packout was 3 per case, but mine were placed in the Iron Man 3 display at the front of the store, not in the Marvel aisle. I almost missed them because of that...

ims_zps435e96d0.jpg

Even the tampo colors appear different (at least to me). Now I'm tempted to put the gold armor on the TRU body.

And since these are tied in to an event movie, maybe they'll show up quicker than usual at most stores. It would be nice not to have to wait another four weeks to see these on pegs.

PicsArt_1368070804191_zps3fbe269f.jpg

PicsArt_1368071168903_zpsc9d83be9.jpg

PicsArt_1368104442086_zps77929d37.jpg

PicsArt_1368163054879_zps57985636.jpg

Iam loving these im3 Minimates, Texas still hasn't received the toysrus wave of them, if anyone finds extras of the two sets, I would be down to get them from you...

JayBird, did you do anything special to get Mark 42's arms at that 90 degree angle? The TRU version I picked up can't really move his arms that much- the shoulder sculpt prevents the ball hinge from really working, and the chest armor prevents even the swivel movement, so his arms really have to be either straight up or straight down.

I'd offer to pick up spares of the exclusives for folks, but the sets I left behind were left behind for a reason. I noticed some pretty bad paint apps on Heartbreaker and Bones. I got the only sets that appeared to not really have any problems. My luck though, Silver Centurion's right leg has a left leg thigh, and Heartbreaker's left knee joint was so loose that his lower leg just fell off. I can fix Heartbreaker, but I emailed DST customer service about SC's leg. Hopefully they can get a replacement. The TRU Tony Stark is a pretty awesome figure, and as awesome as all of the IM 'mates are (er, should be), I think he is my favorite 'mate of the TRU wave.

Sup bro, my mark 42 has the same trouble, but it's not as bad as some of the others I heard people bought.

I had my iPhone with me and told them I had the coupon and they never scanned it. I would just print it off in need be.

Also the card is good 6 hours after activating it :/

And since these are tied in to an event movie, maybe they'll show up quicker than usual at most stores. It would be nice not to have to wait another four weeks to see these on pegs.

My hunch was right. Just went to TRU at lunch and scored a whole set. All that were left are the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot sets, two of each as I recall.

Now for the opening and the huffing...

I had my iPhone with me and told them I had the coupon and they never scanned it. I would just print it off in need be.

Very cool. I'll give that a try! Thanks!

Ouch! My LCS just got in their sets, and are asking $11.99 each! They had also received restocks on the FF & Outback XMen waves which were also $11.99 each, which I'd bought there months ago at $7.99.

Guess I know where I won't be buying any Minimates for awhile! I wanted to support my LCS, but a 50% increase is just ridiculous!