UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

I've always thought a "WTB TRU" thread would be good, so that if you are at TRU, you can see what people need and help them out. The problem is that people can't always be trusted to keep their lists current or follow through with the deal.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just returned from the comic book store. I think the order is 4-4-2-2 the diamond exclusives being short packed. So if you had hopes of raising a war machine army better get their early.

So the LCS wave has 2 short packs ? The plot thickens.....or maybe I've just lost the plot ? huh.png

Was it liverpool v chelsea? Battle damage Ivanovic please DST

Him and Suarez would fit in great with the Walking Dead mates wink.png

hush as arnt we not supposed not to do politics around here :) as Im from that area football is politics..as the film went when iI saw the game I was trying to work out the exact match :)

no worries Im just having fun I may not like the film style of the mandarin but if if he a proper red, I forgive him.

Was it liverpool v chelsea? Battle damage Ivanovic please DST

Him and Suarez would fit in great with the Walking Dead mates wink.png

hush as arnt we not supposed not to do politics around here :) as Im from that area football is politics..as the film went when iI saw the game I was trying to work out the exact match :)

no worries Im just having fun I may not like the film style of the mandarin but if if he a proper red, I forgive him.

I'm guessing

he's a Chelsea fan. 'Toast of Croydon' and all that

I just returned from the comic book store. I think the order is 4-4-2-2 the diamond exclusives being short packed. So if you had hopes of raising a war machine army better get their early.

So the LCS wave has 2 short packs ? The plot thickens.....or maybe I've just lost the plot ? huh.png

Well, it was either that, or keep it 4-4-3-1 and make one of the exclusive sets a rare (maybe Tony/Killian), or even-pack the cases 3-3-3-3, which probably would have guaranteed a lot of civilian peg-warmers (WM being an honorary civilian thanks to his failure to appear in the film). I think this was the best solution, given the lack of a traditional army builder/variant. I don't foresee a War Machine shortage, since past movie exclusives have lingered at both TRU and specialty.

Zach, not sure if you can share, but was War Machine MK2 presented as an important armor in the treatment you read? All of the major toy lines I have seen making IM3 figures (DST, Hasbro, Hot Toys) all have a War Machine MK2 even though it wasn't in the movie. Just curious if it was presented as an armor in the movie, then Marvel made changes during production without updating the license holders. Kind of like what happened with Whiplash MK2 designs not being provided to toy license holders because it was added too late into the production.

Got these from my LCS today. Pretty awesome set all around. Iron Patriot and War Machine are my favorites, but they all something cool about them.

Here's a few pics I took:

post-2133-0-52628400-1368065325_thumb.jppost-2133-0-49190800-1368065322_thumb.jppost-2133-0-84535900-1368065326_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-25840900-1368065355_thumb.jppost-2133-0-03170900-1368065358_thumb.jppost-2133-0-63050200-1368065359_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-58910100-1368065362_thumb.jppost-2133-0-90877700-1368065363_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-24905900-1368065370_thumb.jppost-2133-0-53400200-1368065371_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-66843100-1368066078_thumb.jp

post-2133-0-11412000-1368065369_thumb.jp

And an evolution of Iron Man and War Machine:

post-2133-0-03893000-1368065334_thumb.jppost-2133-0-93165100-1368065364_thumb.jp

And I know others had talked about updating the comic Mandarins with parts from the Movie one

Here's a redone Modern Version:

post-2133-0-38523400-1368065331_thumb.jp

And the Classic with the new hands:

post-2133-0-86337900-1368065332_thumb.jp

I also love the Savin head included with IP. I put a QC together of him out of the armor:

post-2133-0-03582700-1368065361_thumb.jp

I also put together a Final Battle Killian. The flesh tones don't match, but it's a good idea of one:

post-2133-0-35844100-1368065328_thumb.jp

And just for kicks:

post-2133-0-89239900-1368065329_thumb.jp

Edited by Glantern

I have one each of Killian & Maya, and 3 of Mark 42/Mandarin - all sealed. I have 3 Iron Patriots, unremoved from trays, but the Extremis Soldiers were. $8 + shipping per 2-pack, $4 + shipping per single figure.

I know it's not movie-faithful, but I like Savin's head on Norris' body (with Stallone's gloves & lower half). I gave the Extremis guys two more different hairpieces, and painted some facial hair to try and differentiate them from each other.

DSC07992_zpse8a94045.jpg

I love these. I can't wait for the TRU packs. I'll have more Iron Patriots once I find those, lol.

I made a face & torso decal for a female version. Not sure how closely the skintone matches, but that's the intention, so you can use the same arms.

extremis-decal_zpsa9c92567.jpg

extremis-torsodecal_zps70a2da6d.jpg

Oh, and the Cowboy Tony I opened and am keeping for myself had two left arms. :(

God this wave looks wonderful, thanks for the fantastic pics guys. I've got my set waiting for me at my LCS; i'll be done finals tomorrow so that'll be a nice little treat to come home to. Oh, love that spoiler shot, Glantern, that's actually pretty fantastic. Also, these look like the best movie Iron Men ever produced; the others look kinda...cheap?..In comparison. Everything about these just looks pretty well put-together.

Can't wait for the TRU sets and the box set reveal; can only get better. Wondering how that Pepper could be coming though.

I made a face & torso decal for a female version. Not sure how closely the skintone matches, but that's the intention, so you can use the same arms.

extremis-decal_zpsa9c92567.jpg

extremis-torsodecal_zps70a2da6d.jpg

I love this. But shouldn't the black sports bra only be a half torso block?

Well, it was either that, or keep it 4-4-3-1 and make one of the exclusive sets a rare (maybe Tony/Killian), or even-pack the cases 3-3-3-3, which probably would have guaranteed a lot of civilian peg-warmers (WM being an honorary civilian thanks to his failure to appear in the film). I think this was the best solution, given the lack of a traditional army builder/variant. I don't foresee a War Machine shortage, since past movie exclusives have lingered at both TRU and specialty.

Forgive my fascination for this , I have always been intrigued by the whole production rarity/scarcity/demand aspect of Minimates &, to an extent, how DST juggle (meddle tongue.png ) with it. It's important to me because I set myself a target of 'x' amount of Minimates for each wave of each line & to be quite honest it's often hard work .....knowing the mountain makes it easier to climb.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy LCS custom cases & I thereby eliminate any chance of missing any of those.... the recent shortage of custom cases with the FF wave did however cause me some initial concern ,I can't relax smile.png

Now that I know(?) that the corresponding TRU Wave may contain a repaint or two (?) of the LCS characters I'll buy them as well & perhaps ease back on hoovering just the exclusives when & if they hit TRU.com.

No named variant in the LCS wave will,in my opinion,create increased demand for the short-packed TRU items & TBH that is not going to help people without a B&M TRU.store or those with a B&M TRU. store & a resident scalper .

Evenly packed 3-3-3-3 LCS & TRU waves is the way I would have gone .....let each pack sink or swim on its own merits ,

I am not however saying the pack ratios are wrong but what I do know is that the LCS one-variant-per-case is an idea that is as dead as the dodo & has been for years & any introduction of 4-4-2-2 is a great overdue idea.

I'm loving eveything I'm seeing about this wave ,Bravo DST.

BHM-

I think the new 4-4-2-2 breakdown is the way movie sets will be going for LCS. I think the traditional 4-4-3-1 breakdown will still hold true for comic waves.

I agree, though, that the movie waves, which still share two 2-packs with TRU, would be better served with the even cases at both locations. The shared sets are still produced/available at a 2-1 ratio of either location's exclusives but an even breakdown would, IMO, encourage more sell-through at both locations. Although, this may not translate to more sales for DST, when a LCS can serve 3 people full sets with only one case, instead of 2 or 3 cases.

But the breakdown is a discussion we have had in abundance in other threads. DST will do what they will.