UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming the extended box set will be a TRU exclusive.

As with many things, I expect the contents of the set to be dictated by price point. That's kind of a "chicken or the egg" kind of question when it comes to collectors. I could ask, "How much are you willing to pay?" and most would reply, "What am I getting?" So the question really becomes, "What price point does TRU think they can hit successfully?"

TRU's Minimates exclusives range from $7.50 2-packs to $25 vehicles with three 'mates. Given how the Halo Warthogs have done, I don't see TRU going higher than $25. That's about six entirely new Minimates in a single (hopefully kick-ass) package.

According to my Magic 8-Ballâ„¢, we can expect:

Nightclub Armor (Mark 16)

Striker Armor (Mark 25)

Silver Centurion Armor (Mark 33)

Redsnapper Armor (Mark 35)

Igor Armor (Mark 38)

Gemini Armor (Mark 39)

I'm hoping to see a second exclusive offered since there are more where that came from.

Man, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in everything these days.

oh and Josh, not sure if you saw today's armors, but they're pretty awesome.

Were you referring to yesterday's armor's or today's? And that's one hot pepper! (Give this to me. I rushed to this website for this pun.) Igor makes quite an exciting thought for minimateage...but he also brings up the defining line between what this boxset will be(New mates or re-release). The other suits could kind of be made through repeated parts or even repeated mates...but he's a whole different animal than a regular iron man mate. For those with more suit knowledge than I, is that some sort of cannon on the "red snapper"? I want the "gemini" so...so bad...yes.gif

Kudos, hot pepper is a better pun. :P

As with many things, I expect the contents of the set to be dictated by price point. That's kind of a "chicken or the egg" kind of question when it comes to collectors. I could ask, "How much are you willing to pay?" and most would reply, "What am I getting?" So the question really becomes, "What price point does TRU think they can hit successfully?"

TRU's Minimates exclusives range from $7.50 2-packs to $25 vehicles with three 'mates. Given how the Halo Warthogs have done, I don't see TRU going higher than $25. That's about six entirely new Minimates in a single (hopefully kick-ass) package.

Striker Armor (Mark 25)

Igor Armor (Mark 38)

Gemini Armor (Mark 39)

I'm hoping to see a second exclusive offered since there are more where that came from.

Man, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in everything these days.

If you are close to correct on your extended box set prediction.. I will be buying these up like crazy! Gemini & Igor would be SWEET minimated.. and actually.. I have loved all of the movie armors so bring anything on!! smile.png

Edited by The Vox

Striker Armor (Mark 25)

Igor Armor (Mark 38)

Gemini Armor (Mark 39)

Huh. I'm not so sure TRU's going to throw down for an additional boxset when they're already doing the two-packs. Maybe as an SDCC exclusive?

I'd love to see that many new armors, but that's an awful lot of new tooling, especially when it's an unusual boxset size (more than 4) and price point ($27.99 sounds about right). I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of the new armors sneak into the TRU wave, and this boxset be a six-pack of the previous releases (maybe minor tweaks?) of the Mk I – VI armors in a nice Hall of Armors display format. That image of the armors lined up is pretty iconic in the marketing so far, and we know DST are always looking for opportunities to bring new collectors into the fold.

I'd love to see that many new armors, but that's an awful lot of new tooling, especially when it's an unusual boxset size (more than 4) and price point ($27.99 sounds about right). I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of the new armors sneak into the TRU wave, and this boxset be a six-pack of the previous releases (maybe minor tweaks?) of the Mk I – VI armors in a nice Hall of Armors display format. That image of the armors lined up is pretty iconic in the marketing so far, and we know DST are always looking for opportunities to bring new collectors into the fold.

I think I'd be more interested in that idea than these other armors based on what I've seen so far. They seem like uninspired toy designs rather than serious movie armors to me.

Edited by stack32

I agree with what's being said. As much as I, like most of us, would love to see all new armors...it's much more likely that we get a mix up. I could see Igor being a new sculpt, maybe some of the others..but take silver centurion for example, I expect to see a "best of" repaint of sorts.

Now that you mention the mark I - VI in a boxset instead of the new armors the idea sounds really appealing to me. At the same time though, it kinda makes all the ones I have (which is all) obsolete.

I'm thinking only the armors Tony actually wears get 'mated. In theory because those would be more prominent on screen compared to the iron legion

Who knows... They did give us all of those Hammer drones...

Yeah, I think an army builder single pack wave would be fantastic, but they said they won't do 'em anymore.

Personally I've always loved the single packs but........ "they don't make any money..." (Chuck) .

They have always been produced in limited numbers in an attractive package this again attracts me but the reality is they are mostly generic characters who get differing paint-jobs & a part-swap here & there . The 1:12 chase figures give the dump cases their 'specialness' although I'd accept that some people love the other ordinary army builders that we have had in the movie-dumps .....there aren't enough of you! Dump cases are apparently sold 'at cost' & like I said I love 'em & therefore accept their limitations .

I would therefore dismiss the suggestion that we ought to have an Iron Man dump with various armors because IMHO each Iron Man 'version' deserves something better than a just a new paint-job to differentiate it from its dump-fellow.

What might work ......& I feel that I may be making a prophesy that might be fulfilled .....is a dump pack of 5,6 or even 7 different classy Iron Mans packed alongside one another 'a la Hall of Armors' & pitched at about $30 or whatever. The packaging on this one needs to be 'special' & useful rather than something to rip open & ditch. Anybody whose been following the 'paper background' threads on here will know what I'm on about.

......& another thing...... I don't think that Iron Man will ever get enough armor variations that we'll tire of ,I never thought I'd say that but there are some terrific Iron Man Minimates & I'm pretty proud of my collection.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I notice you didn't say "don't expect to see even half of them." Does this mean we will see between 17 and 34 of them :woot::P

In all seriousness, I would be super happy with even 10 of the armors from the film. I feel like a few could be made with paint and existing sculpts; I am looking at you, Silver Centurian.

I so cannot wait!

Don't expect to see even 1/10th of them.

The multiple armors represent a small portion of the overall film, so expect them to represent a similar portion of the line. We didn't significantly increase the size of our regular offering for this film, and we paid the normal amount of attention to supporting characters like Aldrich Killian and the Extremis Soldier and Maya Hansen. We may very well be the only company making product that represents these characters.

And that's why we love 'mates Zach. I'm really puzzled why the Extremis soldier got so much publicity earlier this week, but don't want to be spoiled for the movie. Is there a way to explain without giving too much away anyone? If not no worries.

Were fickle bunch aren't we Zack? For years we scream and argue about not getting villains in action figure lines, instead of unrealistic multi color versions of the hero over and over. Now with IM3. we want the multiple versions and don't care about the villains in the film because they're in civilian clothes